Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,344 Member
    “Well, gaaaaaawleeeeeee”.

~ Gomer
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,344 Member
    Jruzer wrote: »
    The inexperienced in wisdom and virtue, ever occupied with feasting and such, are carried downward, and there, as is fitting, they wander their whole life long, neither ever looking upward to the truth above them nor rising toward it, nor tasting pure and lasting pleasures. Like cattle, always looking downward with their heads bent toward the ground and the banquet tables, they feed, fatten, and fornicate. In order to increase their possessions they kick and butt with horns and hoofs of steel and kill each other, insatiable as they are.

- The Republic

And I repeat: Well, gaaaawleeeeee!!!!
  • beulah81
    beulah81 Posts: 168 Member
    edited January 2021
    ^^
    One more appropriate quote for weight management:

Long term consistency trumps short term intensity ~Bruce Lee
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member
    If you can read, you can cook.

~ Julia Child

(And my Gramma)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member
    Never discourage anyone who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.

~ Plato
  • Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    edited January 2021
    There are three classes of men; lovers of wisdom, lovers of honor, and lovers of gains.

~ Plato

• Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    There are three classes of men; lovers of wisdom, lovers of honor, and lovers of gains.

~ Plato

Plato lifted?

I may have added the s at the end there for him :D
  • Ddsb11
    Ddsb11 Posts: 607 Member
    edited January 2021

~ Plato

Plato lifted?

Fun fact- Plato was essentially known as the Hulk Hogan of his time. His name Plato is actually a nickname from his wrestling coach after the word platon, meaning “broad”.
  • Ddsb11
    Ddsb11 Posts: 607 Member
    edited January 2021

~ Plato

Plato lifted?

Probably. "Plato" is actually a nickname, meaning "broad" - this dude was ripped. He was also a wrestler. It's exactly like if Dwayne Johnson started publishing philosophical texts under the name "The Rock," and people thousands of years hence remembered him only by that name.

Beat me 😂