KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,562 Member
    Options
    will i have a tough time swimming tomorrow morning

Depends... Are your lakes frozen?
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Elcee2020 wrote: »
    Just became aware of its existence. They even put a bicycle man on the package 🥰

gfj3k36fsprg.jpeg

🤣😂 oh-kay!! Where have you been these many years!!😁😉

Itd be better, tbh, if it had less sugar..otherwise, it's an all rounder from littles to oldies😉

They do make a low sugar one 🙂
    kklr5bxuqa5w.jpg

I had to stop buying milo.. that stuff is freaking addictive 🤤
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    This pigeon is an inspiration to me and now they are just gonna kill it

3sd78c6dmhqp.png
  • slimgirljo15
    Options

3sd78c6dmhqp.png

I know.. I saw the news last night, it was such a nice story then woke to find the above 😔
  • stevehenderson776
    stevehenderson776 Posts: 324 Member
    Options

3sd78c6dmhqp.png

I know.. I saw the news last night, it was such a nice story then woke to find the above 😔

Those quarantine officials are not going to be portrayed sympathetically when this becomes a Netflix movie.
  • slimgirljo15
    edited January 2021
    Options

3sd78c6dmhqp.png

Those quarantine officials are not going to be portrayed sympathetically when this becomes a Netflix movie.

Ive got my fingers crossed somehow Joe will be saved 🤞

Damn bureaucrats 😒
  • chuckle_bunny
    chuckle_bunny Posts: 496 Member
    Options

3sd78c6dmhqp.png
    They really tracked a damn bird from Alabama to Oz? What kind of scorned ex-girlfriend technology is this???
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    There's no need to kill the bird for crying outloud. All they need to do is quarantine the bird. Helloooo. We don't kill people because they travel all over the world. We quarantine cattle and bison from one another. Who's in charge of that outfit. That's a hail of thing to do to a friend.

b0kvtqsiw1mm.png

A racing pigeon sits on a rooftop Tuesday, Jan. 12, 2021, in Melbourne, Australia, The racing pigeon, first spotted in late Dec. 2020, appears to have made an extraordinary 13,000-kilometer (8,000-mile) Pacific Ocean crossing from the United States to Australia. Experts suspect the pigeon named Joe, after the U.S. president-elect, hitched a ride on a cargo ship to cross the Pacific. (Kevin Celli-Bird via AP) The Associated Press

He said the Oklahoma-based American Racing Pigeon Union had confirmed that Joe was registered to an owner in Montgomery, Alabama.

Celli-Bird said he had attempted to contact the owner, but had so far been unable to get through.

The bird spends every day in the backyard, sometimes sitting side-by-side with a native dove on a pergola. Celli-Bird has been feeding it pigeon food from within days of its arrival.

“I think that he just decided that since I’ve given him some food and he’s got a spot to drink, that’s home,” he said.

Australian National Pigeon Association secretary Brad Turner said he had heard of cases of Chinese racing pigeons reaching the Australian west coast aboard cargo ships, a far shorter voyage.

Turner said there were genuine fears pigeons from the United States could carry exotic diseases and he agreed Joe should be destroyed.

The Agriculture Department state that the pigeon was “not permitted to remain in Australia” as it could “compromise Australia’s food security and our wild bird populations.”

Since Chelli-Bird is unable to catch the pigeon, quarantine authorities are now considering contacting a professional bird catcher.

• vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    I’m so confused, why can’t they give them somewhere to sit?- at least?

Why do they have to rest like that.

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »

Oooof, this is why I will always appreciate soldiers and vets. They do what it takes to get a task they're asked to do done even when it is bound to be a detriment to themselves (whether now or later).

It couldn't be me.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options

I don't know if you've ever been in the military, but when you are mobilized it's not generally to a place that is prepared to host you. You make due with what you have, sleep where and when you can, etc. At least they are indoors and have access to restroom facilities.

Honestly, you get used to it. Or at least I did way back when.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, I wish for snow... and then I remember just how much I don't like the cold.. and then I wish for warm sun... then remembering how much I despise the absolute humidity of summer... and so it goes, in circles.
  • vanityy99
    Options
    Idk how mothers, fathers sisters brothers- families survive seeing their loved ones like this. I wouldn’t be strong enough.

icqb5fr7mtvb.jpeg

As odd as it is to say, you get used to it. I've watched my husband be able to sleep in any and all odd positions, take weird-*kitten* cat naps at odd hours and just in general, survive long layovers, weird sleeping situations and having to be in cramped quarters with several other people for extended periods of time. He has truly learned the art of "napping like a cat".

As to why they have to rest like that? A lot of times (especially now that quarantine is in Tier 4 in the UK and other European countries), it's because they have nowhere else to quarantine the soldiers on short notice or because they are in process of getting to their destination (long layovers, no spare seats in certain places (particularly if it's a military affiliated terminal), etc.

In the case of the photo you posted, it's because they're National Guard members and they are currently occupying the Capitol in order to secure it until Biden takes over. There are no beds or real accommodations for anyone there outside of the chamber where voting takes place (and there may be some rules/regulations that prevent the NG members from utilizing that.

https://indiatimespost.com/troops-seen-napping-inside-capitol-building-ahead-of-impeachment-trial/

You are strong. I know myself, I wouldn’t be able to get used to it. I’m that crazy sister running into the soccer field when a fight breaks out trying to protect my brothers🤦‍♀️.
    I’d probably have to get therapy
    Definitely put into a mental institution.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,626 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, I wish for snow... and then I remember just how much I don't like the cold.. and then I wish for warm sun... then remembering how much I despise the absolute humidity of summer... and so it goes, in circles.

:D me
  • vanityy99
    Options
    RAinWA wrote: »

I don't know if you've ever been in the military, but when you are mobilized it's not generally to a place that is prepared to host you. You make due with what you have, sleep where and when you can, etc. At least they are indoors and have access to restroom facilities.

Honestly, you get used to it. Or at least I did way back when.

I understand that I just thought they’d be getting better treatment because of where they are. idk why I think they should be living lavish in there😂. Not really, at least some chairs, just a bit more comfortably. Saw a video of someone handing them pizza, while they are eating on the ground 😣