• servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Bump
  • svelt123
    svelt123 Posts: 173 Member
    :smile: Keep going you're not old! We age like fine wine.:happy:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Your BMR is not 1990 .... that's a BMR for someone who is 200+ lbs.

Oh really?
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    I do fine with a net of around 1200. It's not the magic number for weight loss, but it's not the demon that some people make it out to be either. Try it and see how it works for you.

I've been on here for about 18 months, I haven't always stuck to 1200, I've also done 1400-1500, usually after getting off track for a while as a way to ease myself back into it (and there have been periods where I was eating maintenance/above maintenance also).

Considering that I'm sedentary to lightly active, a net of 1200 is only about a 500-600 calorie deficit for me, so eating more slows my progress. I've been sticking to it for the last 2 months pretty consistently and finally making consistent progress after a long plateau (plateau was a result of inconsistency and too many calories, not too little).
  • kaylarosabel19
    kaylarosabel19 Posts: 2 Member
    Not everyone can do 1200 calories because it depends on how much calories you burn in a day. So if you are starving or feeling crabby it means you are eating lower calories than you body needs to lose weight. This girl I know did 1200 calories and she was starving, feeling crabby and gaining weight from 1200 calories. It turns out that she needed to eat 2000 calories to lose weight. I need 1241 calories to lose weight after finding out how much I burn. So 1200 calories only work for certain people who burn in the 1700s calories.
  • Remus42
    Remus42 Posts: 149 Member
    On 1200 I wanted to kill everyone, So hungry all the time. I am way too active for such a low calorie intake. But I realize that what doesn't work for one, can work for another. I would rather lose slower and feel human and not want to kill everyone so I will eat back workout calories here and there. I like happy, healthy me. But the main thing here is do whatever works best for you. Good luck on the journey!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    ZOMBIE post. Surely Kayla could have found a 1200 calorie post that wasn't eight years old.

Bottom line - we all aren't 4'9" and sedentary. Some people count calories in accurately, other people just think they do. Also, some people just care about the number on the scale and not body composition. Fueling your body adequately helps you lose a larger % of fat......instead of muscle.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!