Results with 1200 Calories

Johlawrence
Johlawrence Posts: 236 Member
I am looking for success stories from ladies who have stuck at 1200. Please share!!!

Replies

• prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    ^^^^^^^^ What...........She........Said!!
  • ktliu
    ktliu Posts: 334 Member
    I'm on 1200 calories, but I work out everyday so I can have a bit more room to play around, on a slow day I logged 500 cal for exercise, 1000+on a good day some 1400 calories days too. and I eat back some calories. Therefore I always eat below 1200 calories. lot of times I have 300+ calories leftover.
    I started at 208 and today I'm 180.5.(27.5 lbs) thats a 4 month journey so far.
    My diary is open. feel free to take a peek.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    I lost weight eating 1200 cals a day plus eating back most of my exercise cals.

I am in maintenance at 1560 cals a day plus exercise. All is good :smile:

All cals are MFP
  • ClaireSmith811
    ClaireSmith811 Posts: 32 Member
    I started in October 2012 at 154lb. I have stuck to 1200 calories and walk between 5 & 10 miles a week depending on the weather. I have lost a total of 27lb and love my new body. I'd like to lose another 10lb and I'll be happy.
  • lyndadowning84
    lyndadowning84 Posts: 6 Member
    I have 1220 calories per day, and - I exercise, Its really hard to stick at or under the 1220 so I've figured its not enough, I'm working on upping it slowly without over doing it. Plus, the guy at the gym almost freaked out when i said i tried to stick to 1250, its not enough he says... who knows! I've lost some weight, and have a long way to go yet.
  • alexeye11
    alexeye11 Posts: 52 Member
    Let me tell you my story...

I started dieting after my son was born in 2003, I figured diet was simply "stop eating so much" and 1000 calories sounded like a good reasonable number to go by. I lost all of my baby weight, became weight fixated, and lost more weight. I went from the 1000 calories to anorexia (this doesn't happen to everyone, but let's face it eating 1200 calories is border line anorexia. :D After all 1000 calories is only 200 less!) I was super skinny, I had never been so skinny, 5'8" 115lbs. Eventually I ate normal again, because you know life is a good feeling, being alive and all that jazz.

2006 I decided at 5'8" 150lbs I needed to get my eating habits under control. I set my goal at 1200, and lost to 129lbs in a few months. I was constantly crabby, I had no energy, I was so ravenous that if I didn't get to eat my scheduled meal I would start biting heads off. I was a real peach to be around. However, I was super skinny!!! YAY! Guess what? Eventually I got sick of starving and ate normal again, and balooned to 150lbs in about a month.

2008 I started working out, still not eating enough but better 1400 calories with a good work out. I lost the weight pretty fast still, but always felt hungry! (I wonder why? I was burning all of my calories with daily calorie useage, and then I was working out and burning even more.) I eventually made my goal weight, and body fat, and I was very fit! However again, STARVING, again I ATE NORMAL again I GOT BACK TO 150lbs without blinking an eye.

This time? I am eating normal, feeding my metabolism, making smarter choices, working out like a champion. I would reach my "goal weight" in a few months with 1200 calories, have the worst attitude ever, and be starving 24/7. This time? I am eating 1700 to 2200 calories, the weight is coming off slow, my muscles are beautiful. I am not a complete *kitten* to be around, and am enjoying my work outs. I can eat whatever I want and not have my butt go up three sizes.

MY SUGGESTION? FEED YOUR BODY. WORK HARD. Or you can ruin your metabolism, and eat 1200 calories the rest of your life, or do it the other way. Oh yes, and lift heavy things up and down, you will not get bulky and your body will thank you for it.

THIS!!!
  • DAISYMAY72
    DAISYMAY72 Posts: 11 Member
    I started following MFP 5 weeks ago and I am following the 1200 calories. I do work out 4-5 days a week but only for a half hour and I do not eat back my calories.

SW 212.0
    CW 195.4
    GW 145
  • samsteve2012
    samsteve2012 Posts: 53 Member
    im on 1200 calories and its working for me, everyone is different, do what you feel you need to do, good luck :-)
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    UUURRRGG here we go...'you're starving at 1200'. What a load of cr**. I have tons of energy, I'm losing weight, my periods haven't stopped, I've not suddenly gained weight and you know what, I enjoy not eating f*** loads of food.

I'll see you at the finish line (I'll be there before you)!
    I actually didn't say you were going to lose your period, and you obviously have a bad relationship with food if you thinking eating what your body NEEDS to simply maintain it's functioning level is "loads of food." Also it is starving yourself, the average body needs at least 1700 calories to function every day, anything less than that is starving it.

Do you expect your car to run without gas? Do you use your cell phone without charging it? Stop thinking of your body as a number on a scale, and start thinking of it as a machine that needs energy to function. The bottom line is losing weight at 1200 calories is not healthy because a) you aren't feeding it properly b) it's not ideal to live on 1200 calories for the rest of your life. The damage it does to your metabolism, and yes the potential harm it can do if your body goes into starvation mode and starts to consume it's own muscle. (Also your period doesn't need to stop for your body to be doing this, I was anorexic and my period never stopped not even when I was 115lbs :D so that's a mute point.) Also talking about muscle and starvation, guess what's a muscle in your body? YOUR HEART :D
  • baileybiddles
    baileybiddles Posts: 457 Member
    UUURRRGG here we go...'you're starving at 1200'. What a load of cr**. I have tons of energy, I'm losing weight, my periods haven't stopped, I've not suddenly gained weight and you know what, I enjoy not eating f*** loads of food.

I'll see you at the finish line (I'll be there before you)!
    I actually didn't say you were going to lose your period, and you obviously have a bad relationship with food if you thinking eating what your body NEEDS to simply maintain it's functioning level is "loads of food." Also it is starving yourself, the average body needs at least 1700 calories to function every day, anything less than that is starving it.

Do you expect your car to run without gas? Do you use your cell phone without charging it? Stop thinking of your body as a number on a scale, and start thinking of it as a machine that needs energy to function. The bottom line is losing weight at 1200 calories is not healthy because a) you aren't feeding it properly b) it's not ideal to live on 1200 calories for the rest of your life. The damage it does to your metabolism, and yes the potential harm it can do if your body goes into starvation mode and starts to consume it's own muscle. (Also your period doesn't need to stop for your body to be doing this, I was anorexic and my period never stopped not even when I was 115lbs :D so that's a mute point.) Also talking about muscle and starvation, guess what's a muscle in your body? YOUR HEART :D

Oh my goodness, this! I love this person so much.
  • samsteve2012
    :laugh:
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    I would like to hear also.
    But not only lose but also reach their goals and maintain it.

I have no problem losing weight at 1200 calories but my issue is keeping the weight off for more than 6 months- a year. It's hard to maintain that weight loss with low calorie diet.

21525558.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • jvl1973
    jvl1973 Posts: 36 Member
    I am also eating 1200 calories a day and have had success. I have lost around 10 pounds so far and want to lose another 20 pounds. I think the key is eating healthy calories (ex. lean meat, vegetables, fruits, etc.). Also, I have been exercising and I don't always eat the extra calories I get from it. If I am hungry I do, but if I am not hungry I don't. I think everyone is different and if you can handle 1200 calories and still have energy then you will be fine.
  • kelbwjax
    kelbwjax Posts: 89 Member
    1200? bad idea. You may lose the weight but you will not be strong, you will not have more energy, you most likely will not be happy with your results. A bit of advice calculate your Tdee eat 15-20% less than that, and YES eat back your calories that you burn! Your muscles need this to grow and maintain all the work you are putting towards them. Everyone thinks that they will get to their goal more quickly by (1200 cals) starving themselves, in my opinion this is only going to help you and not hurt you.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    ME! Me! I had success on 1200 cals a day!

..If you define 'success' as: "losing muscle mass, developing a flat, saggy *kitten* that looked like melting wax, was always tired, and couldn't manage even one pushup", that is.

I am only 5 ft tall, and my BMR is 1280. So unless you're like 4'6" you have no reason to be eating that low.
  • collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    1200 is the enemy!! Just saying
  • iwillbetinytea
    iwillbetinytea Posts: 264 Member
    I don't actually understand how all these people are getting terrible results on 1200kcals. I feel (and look) great!
  • massjess
    massjess Posts: 1 Member
    I've been doing 1200 calories a day religiously since April 8, 2013! In the 6 weeks, I have lost 6 pounds (which is a lot for me). I weighed 120 (4/8/13) and as of yesterday (5/15/13) I weighed 114! I'm 5'4 so this is a good weight for me. I also worked out minimally because I was on vacation and studying for a huge test. If you stick with 1200 calories a day (and log every single item you eat- even if it's inconvenient or something trivial like one cherry tomato, haha) you will be successful. I basically lost one pound a week. I'm not sure of your current weight/height but you may lose a little more than me at the beginning if you have more to lose. My mom is doing 1400 cal a day and she's lost 15 pounds in 6 weeks. I know 1200 calories a day is tough but you can do it! I can't emphasize enough to enter in everything you eat, it's extremely crucial. I've been taking precise measurements & using a food scale so I can enter in accurately.

Good luck & keep me updated!

Jessica
  • samsteve2012
    if it works for you then go with it, dont worry about what other people say :tongue:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!