Results with 1200 Calories

Options

Replies

• sucg
    sucg Posts: 36
    Options
    So . . call me dumb if you like but most of this thread has gone over my head. Still pretty new to this site.

Can someone, anyone help me for real. Not to good on the computer and both my daughters are in bed hehe. I'm 45, 5' 7 and 170 lb. MFP set me 1200 cals. I*'m told high protein is better so have set protein and carb goals at 105g with fat at 40g. Am i way of track or getting this right. please help. From a confused Su x
  • cayman05
    cayman05 Posts: 5
    Options
    For me 1200 is very difficult. MFP set it for me. I thought I was failure for going over on most days. Kudos to everyone who is doing it! I am 5'' 6' and weigh 127. I am only looking to loose like 5lbs so my clothes fit better.....can't afford a wardrobe change. I know logging the food before I eat would help.
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    UUURRRGG here we go...'you're starving at 1200'. What a load of cr**. I have tons of energy, I'm losing weight, my periods haven't stopped, I've not suddenly gained weight and you know what, I enjoy not eating f*** loads of food.

I'll see you at the finish line (I'll be there before you)!

lolz
    Heh.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    UUURRRGG here we go...'you're starving at 1200'. What a load of cr**. I have tons of energy, I'm losing weight, my periods haven't stopped, I've not suddenly gained weight and you know what, I enjoy not eating f*** loads of food.

Passing out water to those that ran? I don't understand what you're saying. You like to watch races or volunteer in them?
  • FranksRumHam
    FranksRumHam Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    If you don't or haven't had success on your bike. Geeze.

maybe people have success adding cycling to their exercise routine. is this what you're saying? i'm having a bit of a struggle understanding that fragment.
  • FranksRumHam
    FranksRumHam Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    So . . call me dumb if you like but most of this thread has gone over my head. Still pretty new to this site.

Can someone, anyone help me for real. Not to good on the computer and both my daughters are in bed hehe. I'm 45, 5' 7 and 170 lb. MFP set me 1200 cals. I*'m told high protein is better so have set protein and carb goals at 105g with fat at 40g. Am i way of track or getting this right. please help. From a confused Su x

youre not dumb at all. i didnt get it right the first time either.
    PM me if you'd like, and i will try to assist you.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Go here:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options

maybe people have success adding cycling to their exercise routine. is this what you're saying? i'm having a bit of a struggle understanding that fragment.

On your bike means to nick off, go away, mind your own business. etc etc.
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options

Your macros sound pretty good, but at 5'7" you could probably eat more. This will give you an idea of what your calorie range should be:
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Your BMR is how many calories you'd burn if you were in a coma. Your TDEE is the amount of calories you expend in a day, and what you would eat if you didn't want to lose or gain weight. Eat anywhere between your BMR and TDEE to lose weight healthily. TDEE-20% is recommended (though I'd suggest TDEE-25% if you don't log every bite and nibble).

I'll throw this out there though: my mom is 5'8", and at 45 she couldn't lose weight on more than 1200 calories. Thyroid + age. Play around with your calories until you find what works best for you.
  • nikbolok
    nikbolok Posts: 107 Member
    Options

It's all about the muscles......
  • bobbi_jo2
    bobbi_jo2 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to stay you should get more than 1200 calories, but I'm also not going to say that only eating 1200 calories is good for everyone. Everyone has different needs and needs to figure out what is best for your own body. I think so much of it depends on what you are eating. 1200 calories can actually be a lot of food, but only if it is the right food. If you are eating lean meats and veggies without sauces, butter, etc, it is amazing how much food 1200 calories can be. You can eat a lot of super healthy food, or very litte unhealthy food. Unfortunately most people tend to eat the unhealthy, so they feel like they are starving. It all depends on what you are choosing.
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options

On your bike means to nick off, go away, mind your own business. etc etc.
    OK, i get it now. Yeah, I lost weight on 1200 cals (a bit less, actually). Problem was, it wasn't sustainable. And came with some unpleasant side effects. Who cares though? It's all about finishing first, right? :drinker:
  • taybrazzill
    Options
    Guys, the arguing isn't going to really help anyone. Personally, MFP set 1200 calories for me, and actually, I feel fine. I work out and I eat what I like. It's actually kind of hard to go over 1200 (plus my work out numbers) on a normal day. For those who are thinking that I'll be back to my other weight as soon as I stop, well, I don't plan on stopping. I'll probably up the calories some after a while, but I only eat when I'm hungry (which should be done for everyone), and when I say hungry, I mean actually hungry, not just, 'oh I'm bored, I want a snack.'
    Another helpful thing: Eat dinner at around five. It's not good t eat late at night. I usually eat more for dinner so I won't be craving a midnight snack.
    Anyways, everyone should know that some things work for different people and some don't.
  • massivediet
    massivediet Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I couldn't tell if all of those who are against 1200 were against it if it was the total or if it was the net. I have been trying to net 1200 but eat back all exercise calories and have been exercising for a minimum of 30 minutes and usually more like 50 each day, with some days even more, so the total intake varies from 1400 or so to a max of perhaps 1850 . . . I am 5'5', female, and currently 193 lbs. Does that sound OK?
  • Gongfu_1960
    Gongfu_1960 Posts: 23
    Options
    I don't actually understand how all these people are getting terrible results on 1200kcals. I feel (and look) great!

Your profile sez: ""<< do not like nasty people....... grumpyness.....opinionated people who have no time for other opinions"">>>

YOU are being this person to ALL women who ask for help at 1200 calories.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options

anigif_enhanced-buzz-8333-1366239956-28.gif
  • Gongfu_1960
    Gongfu_1960 Posts: 23
    Options

yOUR PROFILE SAYS: """<<do not like nasty people, heights, lifts, stereotypes, when people ignore homeless people, animal cruelty, grumpyness, being tired, feminism, marking work, opinionated people who have no time for other opinions"">>>

Why then, are YOU being so nasty, grumpy and opinionated??
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    1200 calories is plenty. Stop trying to talk people out of it....

27739717_9895.jpg
  • easternNCchick
    easternNCchick Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Can anyone help me figure out what I should be aiming for since MFP has me set to 1200 and I just assumed it was right. If anyone can message me that would be helpful. Have tried websites but I am so confused
  • Minerva624
    Minerva624 Posts: 577 Member
    Options

Exactly. I can't stand the 1,200 calorie no-Sayers.

tumblr_m6cpjkfvpW1r8yusvo1_500.gif
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!