Results with 1200 Calories

Options

Replies

• jvl1973
    jvl1973 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    if it works for you then go with it, dont worry about what other people say :tongue:

Amen!!!!
  • sexymuffintop
    sexymuffintop Posts: 636
    Options
    I don't actually understand how all these people are getting terrible results on 1200kcals. I feel (and look) great!

And modest with it.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    ME! Me! I had success on 1200 cals a day!

..If you define 'success' as: "losing muscle mass, developing a flat, saggy *kitten* that looked like melting wax, was always tired, and couldn't manage even one pushup", that is.

I am only 5 ft tall, and my BMR is 1280. So unless you're like 4'6" you have no reason to be eating that low.
    :laugh: Yeah I forgot to mention that in my story, I was 5'8" 115lbs of skin and fat and oh yes, bone.This is another thing about eating low calories, and not working out, all it does is take weight it doesn't form your body. I even had a guy I was dating back then say "Yeah you're super skinny, but you need to work out because your body has no form" he was a jerkwad but he wasn't wrong :mad:
  • sucg
    sucg Posts: 36
    Options
    1,200 is the target MFP set for me. Not my idea, to be honest i didn't have a clue, Yes i have lost a lot of weight but much of that was the wrong way with my fingers down my throat. I wouldn't recomend that to anyone. I'v upped my protein and am hoping that that will help. Looking forward to reading all the GOOD advice on here. Su
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    pulls up a chair and popcorn
  • AnimePrincess13
    AnimePrincess13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    My calories are set to 1700, but I hardly ever reach that. I always make sure I am over 1200 though. And if i exercise I eat those calories back. So just make sure you eat back your workout calories and stay above 1200 for your net goal. I eat Primal so I don't eat carbs so eat lots of lean protein and vegetables.
  • sexymuffintop
    sexymuffintop Posts: 636
    Options
    Big skinny fat fail thread. Leaves, shaking head and vows to never read another 1200 'success' thread again. The words do not compute. Mind boggles at people who cannot grasp weight loss doesn't have to be this way....le sigh....
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    UUURRRGG here we go...'you're starving at 1200'. What a load of cr**. I have tons of energy, I'm losing weight, my periods haven't stopped, I've not suddenly gained weight and you know what, I enjoy not eating f*** loads of food.

I'll see you at the finish line (I'll be there before you)!

Well you are a peach.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    **just ate 320 calories worth of peanuts while reading this thread, shuddering to think that would be a meal on 1200/day**
  • samsteve2012
    samsteve2012 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    it was supposed to be about success stories :laugh:
  • snowmanluv
    snowmanluv Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    A lot of factors in here. Eating low carb, high protein, plus tons of vegetables and a fruit or two can be done in 1200. Age and metabolism play huge factors. You could always eat 1200 regulary then eat back your exercise calories for play room. Once you reach your weight then slowly 50 to 100 calories go up to maintenance TDEE. The more you watch the boards and add the more you will be suprised. If 1200 doesn't work then bump it up and exercise it off.
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options

Last i checked it wasn't a race, and come see me in a few years I will still be there and you'll be back at the beginning.
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I don't actually understand how all these people are getting terrible results on 1200kcals. I feel (and look) great!

Come back and tell everyone that in six months.
  • mhcoss
    mhcoss Posts: 220
    Options
    1200 cals is fine.. you just have to be smart about coming off your deficit when the time to maintain comes.
  • SeaStar
    SeaStar Posts: 113
    Options
    Every time I have gone down to 1200 calories, I stopped exercising and just worked with the minimal energy I had. I would lose 10 lbs but quickly gain it all back after a few months because I couldn't keep up a lifestyle of such low calories.

I now stick to 1,440 a day and it makes such a big difference. I've been able to stay steady with my calorie counting, go on 30 mile bike rides at least once a week, and exercise and never feel starving.

My success with 1200 each time has always been short term, and I will never go back to that low again.
  • patersona94
    Options
    AMUSED! :laugh:
  • dittmarml
    dittmarml Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Once again, ability to maintain or lose at any level totally depends on things like age, height, type of frame, metabolism, exercise...

I'm at 1250 - estimated BMR around 1176 and estimated TDEE around 1712 - and am losing weight with exercise. Most days I eat back all but a few of my exercise calories so my "intake" can be anywhere from 1200 to 1600 but my "net" is usually between 1150 and 1250.

That said - I'm dinky and old. 55 headed for 56 yrs, 5'1", tiny little frame, carrying 25 pounds more than I should be. If I were 5'4" and exercising regularly with an average frame I wouldn't be trying 1250 as my target.
  • FranksRumHam
    FranksRumHam Posts: 198 Member
    Options

Last i checked it wasn't a race, and come see me in a few years I will still be there and you'll be back at the beginning.

Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif
  • kirstyfairhead
    kirstyfairhead Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I go for about 1250, sometimes 1300 but then again I'm 4'11" and my BMR is only 1350. With a sedentary lifestyle my TDEE less 20% would also only be about 1350. I work out 4 times a week and can therefore up calories on those days if I want to.

I have been losing weight pretty consistently this way, about 32lbs in the last year with a couple of months off so its been working ok for me. I'm not yo-yoing and I'm not starving.

HOWEVER, If I were 5' 8" I would not chose to take calories this low as it's not necessary. If you can create a decent deficit from your TDEE minus 20% then do that. Once I take off another 6lbs ish I will be looking at some strength training to shape up and will need to increase my calories to achieve that.

Because of my build, I'm never gonna be a 2000cal a day girl.... well not unless I spend hours exercising every single day.... but this is only because I'm small.

Don't know your height or your stats but you need to think about whether low cals is really right for you.
  • JeepBaja
    JeepBaja Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    pulls up a chair and popcorn

That popcorn eating is going to put you over 1200!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!