Replies

• jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,721 Member
    started 1/4 201.4
    today 1/12 197.8
    logged food 6 of 7 days
    walked 5of 7 days (10,000 steps)
    all is well, keep on keeping on. :)
    made a big pot of veggie soup. Working on getting my veggies in.

That sounds awesome! I need to make a pot of veggie soup!!
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    Okay, so obviously I didn't read through everything before I posted previously. Time to fix that up. :)

I'll be weighing in on Mondays for the most part, but I happened to get on the scale on 1/1/21, so I'll count that as my starting weight. I mentioned I yo-yo'd through the holidays and I put on about 5 pounds, which could have been soooooo much worse. Sweets and bread are my nemesis. Most days I do okay, but when I fall off the wagon, I fall hard. :s

Height: 5'7" (or thereabouts)
    SW (1/1/2021) = 186.8
    GW = 145-150

1/4 = 186.2
    1/11 = 184.8
    1/18 =
    1/25 =
    2/1 =

Fitness Goals? I need to move more. Not just the once a week run/walk, which I basically do at a sloth's pace.
    * Actually get out there at least three times per week and actually work through the c25k app instead of staying on Week 1 Day 1.
    * On the other days, do some fitness videos or something inside.
    * Determine if I still know how to ride a bike and put the bike I recently got to use.
    * Use those damned dumbbells that are sitting under the tv.

Food and drink?
    * Get a grip on the goodies. Find something else to eat/do.
    * More vegetables.
    * More water, less diet soda.
    * Log, log, log
    * Maybe learn how to cook some of those "unusual" veggies I see in the produce section instead of looking at them and wondering what the hell they are.

Mental Health - equally as important as physical health (from the perspective of a mom who has an SMI daughter currently undergoing ECT treatments)
    * Quiet "me" time with reading/mediation/music
    * Keep in touch with family and friends (aka the family of my heart)

I'll start the successes/challenges thing next week. :)
  • jm216
    seilidhe wrote: »
    Okay, so obviously I didn't read through everything before I posted previously. Time to fix that up. :)

I'll be weighing in on Mondays for the most part, but I happened to get on the scale on 1/1/21, so I'll count that as my starting weight. I mentioned I yo-yo'd through the holidays and I put on about 5 pounds, which could have been soooooo much worse. Sweets and bread are my nemesis. Most days I do okay, but when I fall off the wagon, I fall hard. :s

SW (1/1/2021) = 186.8
    GW = 145-150

1/4 = 186.2
    1/11 = 184.8
    1/18 =
    1/25 =
    2/1 =

Fitness Goals? I need to move more. Not just the once a week run/walk, which I basically do at a sloth's pace.
    * Actually get out there at least three times per week and actually work through the c25k app instead of staying on Week 1 Day 1.
    * On the other days, do some fitness videos or something inside.
    * Determine if I still know how to ride a bike and put the bike I recently got to use.
    * Use those damned dumbbells that are sitting under the tv.

Food and drink?
    * Get a grip on the goodies. Find something else to eat/do.
    * More vegetables.
    * More water, less diet soda.
    * Log, log, log
    * Maybe learn how to cook some of those "unusual" veggies I see in the produce section instead of looking at them and wondering what the hell they are.

Mental Health - equally as important as physical health (from the perspective of a mom who has an SMI daughter currently undergoing ECT treatments)
    * Quiet "me" time with reading/mediation/music
    * Keep in touch with family and friends (aka the family of my heart)

I'll start the successes/challenges thing next week. :)

Great job, Sei! There is no official format here... and everyone can post as often as they’d like... the more the better.

I need to dust off my weights as well.
  • jm216
    jm216 wrote: »
    Good morning!
    . I surprisingly only ate half of the sun

😯☀️🤣
  • Kathie7661
    Kathie7661 Posts: 18 Member
    Hi All -

I've been logging at every meal, and if I don't then I catch up before the end of the day. So that's going well!

Exercise (outdoors) still a challenge for me, once I'm out there its all good but the bundling up, ugh... (cold temps for me are anything below 40 degrees F, lol).

I picked up some red quinoa and chia seeds to add to meals. Breakfast is usually plain greek yogurt with PB2 powder, and some berries. Will be adding smoothies/green drinks to the rotation this week Trying to lower BP as well as sugar levels (AND weight). Unofficially, (weigh in on Sundays) looks like I'm still at a 3-4 lb loss so far for the 1st half of January! Yay!

Have a great day - Kathie
  • jm216
    Kathie7661 wrote: »
    Hi All -

I've been logging at every meal, and if I don't then I catch up before the end of the day. So that's going well!

Exercise (outdoors) still a challenge for me, once I'm out there its all good but the bundling up, ugh... (cold temps for me are anything below 40 degrees F, lol).

I picked up some red quinoa and chia seeds to add to meals. Breakfast is usually plain greek yogurt with PB2 powder, and some berries. Will be adding smoothies/green drinks to the rotation this week Trying to lower BP as well as sugar levels (AND weight). Unofficially, (weigh in on Sundays) looks like I'm still at a 3-4 lb loss so far for the 1st half of January! Yay!

Have a great day - Kathie

Nice going Kathie!
    Weight loss is all about logging. I’m finally back in my logging rhythm, too.
    Smoothies and shakes are so yummy! I think I’ll make my son a smoothie for lunch since he had a crown put in yesterday. Smoothies make dental work a little better.

Jill☀️
  • jm216
    d898x5hcf5lq.jpeg
  • jm216
    Find exercise that you enjoy! I just tried a standing ab workout... and I didn’t like it... so I stopped and found one of my quick favorites:
    https://youtu.be/Bla98LPpJT8
    I know that I will continue with what I like to do and what makes me feel good. Walking and dancing are my go to exercises. Find your fun!

Jill
  • shannonkelly08
    shannonkelly08 Posts: 133 Member
    @jm216 I agree...gotta find something you love to do and have fun!!! I'm gunna have to try this Dancing Queen!!!
  • eminater
    eminater Posts: 2,477 Member
    I'll weight in on Sundays.

HSW: 258
    UGW: 148

Challenge Start Weight: 212.9 lbs
    Challenge goal - 175 lbs - hopefully by summer!

Weekly Check-In:
    January 01: 212.9 lbs
    January 03: 212.1 lbs
    January 10: 210.8 lbs
    January 17: 211.4 lbs
    January 24:
    January 31:

This week’s successes: not sure to be honest, I guess that I am still here despite incredible loss of motivation the last week.

This week’s challenges:
    It's beer! beer and pizza! wow ... it's become more and more clear to me that beer and pizza are my worst enemy. But why? I just love them both. I am in a major dilemma. I want the body, but I also want the beer and pizza! But I am here ... I will keep trying to kick the habit which is sabotaging my progress.
  • jm216
    Starting weight: 214 pounds on 1/1/2021
    Height: 5’8”
    Goal weight: 184

Weekly Check-In:
    January 1: 214
    January 3: 211.6
    January 10: 209.7
    January 17: 207.6
    January 24:
    January 31:

🌟Lost 2.1 pounds this week!🌟
    This week’s successes:
    ✔️walked Roxie for 30 minutes 4 days this week and 15 minutes for 3 days
    ✔️ Stayed under calorie goal 5 out of 7 days
    ✔️Logging my food as I eat it... the good & the bad

This week’s challenges:
    • Keep the momentum going

7.6 pounds to go til I hit 200.
    Slow and steady!

Jill
  • Bill70sStrong
    Bill70sStrong Posts: 1,143 Member
    edited January 2021
    Weekly Check - In;
    Starting weight: January 1st - 189
    January 10th - 187
    January 17th - 185.6

Goal weight - 160

@eminater - I hear ya' about the beer and pizza! Love them! I finally decided to quit beer (again), on 1/15/2021. Pizza, can't go near it or I'm outta control!
    Good luck to at least cutting back, here's to forward progress!

Jill - Nice loss again, you're rockin' it! I agree, slow and steady!!
    I need to check my map and see where Linden is, I'm from Niles, southwest corner of the state, right on the Michigan/Indiana border.
  • Kathie7661
    Good Morning -

It was a good week with logging and sticking to my planned menu. My "eye it up" estimates are always over the portion sizes, so I need to use my scale at all times.

I tried a few you tube dance workouts this week in addition to outdoor walks for a change-up. I'm still amazed at my lack of co-ordination, lolol. I would like to get better at these, the time really flies by and the music keeps me moving!

SW - 171
    Height - 5' 0"
    Age - 59
    GW for 60th birthday - 140
    UGW for "normal" BMI - 125

1/1/2021 - 171
    1/10/2021 - 169.5
    1/17/2021 - 166.8
    1/24/2021 -
    1/31/2021 -

Have a great week - stay motivated!

Kathie
  • eminater
    eminater Posts: 2,477 Member
    Weekly Check - In;
    Starting weight: January 1st - 189
    January 10th - 187
    January 17th - 185.6

Goal weight - 160

@eminater - I hear ya' about the beer and pizza! Love them! I finally decided to quit beer (again), on 1/15/2021. Pizza, can't go near it or I'm outta control!
    Good luck to at least cutting back, here's to forward progress!

Thanks Bill! Today is my new "quit pizza for a month day" so we'll see how it goes! We have a pizzeria downstairs ... that makes it tough!
  • Kathie7661
    Hubby had pizza for dinner last night :/ - agree with everyone's comments. I can't touch it.
    I ate riced cauli/sweet potato/Morning Star crumble with apple/gouda chicken sausage.
    I think I won! :D

Wine for me, but usually one glass is enough.
  • marise51
    marise51 Posts: 65 Member
    Good morning
    Height 5'2"
    Starting weight January 5 -173.6
    January 17 - 168.8
    Goal weight by June - 145

I had a good week, logged all of my food. Exercised everyday including a 45 minute exercise video 4 times this week. Daily walks. Trying to reach 10,000 steps on a daily basis. Got to 13,000 twice.🤗 . Slow but sure wins the race. My mom is 97, I love her dearly but she has always commented negatively on her weight and shape. I have 5 sisters and we all complain about our shape. This week on the phone with my mom (she lives across the country from me) I was telling her how I have to bundle up when I head out for walks because of the wind off the lake. So she says "you and your brother are the same, you're both fat and shouldn't be cold when you go outside". I can't even blame it on dementia because she is as sharp as a tack. I'very mentioned to her before how having your health is more important than a number on the scale. Sigh!!!!! She doesn't understand how her words hurt. Here's to another successful week staying on track. Have an awesome week everyone. 💖
  • djstola
    djstola Posts: 1 Member
    Hi All, my name is Donna, and I live in Maryland.
    I’m late to the party, but better late than never...
    Height 5’3”
    Age 56
    Starting Weight 1/14/20: 181.22
    Goal Weight: 140

I’m working with a nutritionist through my health insurance which is great. I need a lot of accountability. I have been trying to be active at least 30-45 min. Per day. I’m walking, using the gym, and swimming laps in an indoor pool.
  • seilidhe
    Here it is... Monday already.

SW (1/1/2021) = 186.8
    GW = 145-150

1/4 = 186.2
    1/11 = 184.8
    1/18 = 183.4
    1/25 =
    2/1 =

There's a loss of 1.4 pounds. Got to keep the trend going. :)

I've managed to stay away from the goodies this week. At least the sweets, which I find difficult when I'm stressing, which seems to be all the damned time these days. I did have pizza last night. Cauliflower crust, with veggies and anchovies (don't judge... I blame my dad, he always had anchovies on his pizza when we were kids. I was a daddy's girl, so if they were good enough for him, they were good enough for me. And now I quite like them. Hahahah! That logic was nowhere to be found when it came to liverwurst, however. Can't abide the stuff.) And I had a cheeseburger from Jack in the Box the other night. First time I've been there in I can't think how long.

Still working on getting out and/or doing something here in the apartment during the week. I did get out for a run/walk on Saturday (3.25 miles) and my first bike ride in about 25 years (just over 4 miles) on Sunday. I plan to do the same every weekend. One each day, however that works out, and however far I get.

Hang in there, y'all. We've got this. :)
  • seilidhe
    This is my favorite Keoni Tamayo workout so far:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJJ3fopHjZ8

Well, this was fun... even though I'm incredibly uncoordinated. Luckily, nobody was here to watch me. :D