A life without sugar?

13»

Replies

• jondorf13
    jondorf13 Posts: 9 Member
    Arizona_C wrote: »
    For years, much of my calorie intake has come from sugar or simple carbs. Cake, Chocolate biscuits, candy, and strong craving when I’m going without.

I know it’s a bad habit but I keep pushing taking an active step for breaking it. I fear something will fall apart, I cannot imagine a life without sweets. Like not stopping at the little store on my way to work for a Snickers for the road, or skipping cream cakes for desserts. Not to mention the bag of candy I always have in my handbag for whatever moment I feel like a sweet something.

As well I know there are a load of bad effects on the body of too much sugar, and I guess it would all in all be a better feeling to be without those sweets running through the system. I want to take the step and cutting down or cutting off, and would love to hear the experiences from you who have managed.
    Do you feel better physically, has it been good for your skin? I guess it’s good in terms of weight regulation as well, still I’m in a healthy weight range so this is of little importance to me but maybe to others.
    Thank you ever so much for sharing on this topic!

Can't imagine without sugar in life, maybe a less consume. Just don't make life miserable just do it in a balance way. Sugar sometimes makes people fell happy.

• jnhmama
    jnhmama Posts: 10 Member
    Jazzykatt wrote: »
    Sugar is extremely addictive. I am a complete sugar junkie, I have been since I was a child. I’m now in my late 40s and started putting on weight. I have a habit of binge eating cookies, cakes, donuts, candy and anything else sweet I can get my hands on. About two weeks ago, I decided to commit to the 21 day sugar detox. It is not easy and I would be lying if I said I felt so much better. I’m tired but have insomnia. I’m depressed, my skin is blotchy and I have major bags under my eyes. I’m waiting patiently for the upswing. These side effects are a clear result of the damage I have done to my body throughout the years. It’s a 21 day detox but I’m aiming for 30 days. What scares me the most is that I slide back into my addiction at the first taste of sweet goodness. Everything in moderation is a wonderful concept for most people but it doesn’t work for alcoholics and I’m not sure it will work for me. Time will tell. I gave another two weeks left. Obviously, you have some kind of dependency on the stuff. Maybe you should cut the sugar for a bit and see if your taste buds modify.

How are you getting on?