What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    asteroids

As in flying space matter, or the Atari game about flying space matter?

The game 😁. @KosmosKitten posted something that looked like it

Galaga/Galaxian?

It's my favorite arcade cabinet game. :)
    Is that what it is? It looked like a cross between asteroid and centipede. Very nice!
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    tams_89 wrote: »
    I'm literally such a crap friend lately, I just feel like I don't even have the energy 🥺

If you mean here on mfp, the one thing I can say is that the beauty of mfp is the fact that no matter when you come on, you can almost always find someone who cares. What that means is that the pressure of being a really good friend is lessened, because we all share the load. It's ok to take a step back and take care of yourself... Or better yet... Lean on some of the people you've been supporting til now.

We all go through valleys. Sometimes our job is to shine the light to help other people find their way through. Sometimes our job is to shine our light to find our own way (and others may very well follow). And sometimes our job is to look for the light others shine, when our own power has run out.

Feel free to lean on others' power from time to time, I can guarantee that your friends won't mind in the least. ❤️

Where do you find these words? Is there a book? You have such eloquence and feeling, kindness and goodness in your heart. <3

And @tams_89 <3 Good people are patient, they worry about you, they're not going to cast you off because you're in one of those valleys. Be as kind and gentle to yourself as you would be to a best friend going through these feelings. <3 Most important thing for you right now is to get your feet planted back firmly on the ground by taking care of YOU. PLEASE don't add more stress/anxiety onto your shoulders by worrying about how you're treating your friends. Real friends understand, real friends will want to be your post for you to lean on and to help you carry your burdens. Lean on your friends.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Is there any way to remove all your selfies from this forum or are you just kinda screwed and your face stays here forever and ever?

You're not leaving are you??
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about dating a lot. I can't do it now, but what worries me is that I've never had a girlfriend before and I don't want to tell a future girlfriend that because she'll assume there's something wrong with me.

Everyone has to have a first time. Otherwise no one would have any experiences whatsoever 🤷🏿‍♀️

Go get 'em, 🐯!
  • twitchandshout
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    I've been thinking about dating a lot. I can't do it now, but what worries me is that I've never had a girlfriend before and I don't want to tell a future girlfriend that because she'll assume there's something wrong with me.

Everyone has to have a first time. Otherwise no one would have any experiences whatsoever 🤷🏿‍♀️

Go get 'em, 🐯!

Yup. I prefer a man who isn’t promiscuous.
  • HerNameIsMischief
    HerNameIsMischief Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Yes, but most people are going to be suspicious about someone who has reached this age without a long-term relationship. It also puts me in an unfavorable position regarding arguments...it'll be pretty easy for her to shut me down by saying "Well, you don't understand because you don't have any experience being in a relationship." I don't want to outright lie, but I think that coming right out and telling someone the truth is not a good idea.

It's a moot point for now. I don't want to date until I lose weight anyway.
  • twitchandshout
    Options
    Wondering where that thread kosmo posted in...the one with the video game....twitchy, where'd it go??

Say it don’t say it
  • HerNameIsMischief
    HerNameIsMischief Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm glad to hear this and a part of me takes pride in the fact that I haven't been one of those people who HAS to be dating someone all the time to bolster their ego. Also, my body image issues have been so severe that I've avoided dating because I knew chances were excellent it would ruin the relationship.

I'm still not dating till I lose weight. More people would be open to dating me if I looked better and I really don't want someone to find me attractive the way I am right now.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,617 Member
    Options
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    Yes, but most people are going to be suspicious about someone who has reached this age without a long-term relationship. It also puts me in an unfavorable position regarding arguments...it'll be pretty easy for her to shut me down by saying "Well, you don't understand because you don't have any experience being in a relationship." I don't want to outright lie, but I think that coming right out and telling someone the truth is not a good idea.

It's a moot point for now. I don't want to date until I lose weight anyway.

Well i will tell you this, coming from a guy who dated TOO much. Its better to be a person looking for that first good relationship, than be the jerk that cannot be taken seriously because he dated too much and committed to nothing. You need to change your mindset on who you are, not what you look like. Once you are all in on you, the physical things will change. Doing it the other way around doesnt work so well. Do things everyday that you believe are difficult but rewarding. Even if its just getting up early, or learning the guitar.....it doesnt have to be about weight loss. I promise you that will come as a by product. And dating isnt only for the ultimate physically fit people. It pretty much is universal for every type of person. I wish you luck in finding your groove 👍

You are pretty awesome. Just sayin.
  • KickassAmazon76
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I'm glad to hear this and a part of me takes pride in the fact that I haven't been one of those people who HAS to be dating someone all the time to bolster their ego. Also, my body image issues have been so severe that I've avoided dating because I knew chances were excellent it would ruin the relationship.

I'm still not dating till I lose weight. More people would be open to dating me if I looked better and I really don't want someone to find me attractive the way I am right now.

People will be attracted to confidence, no matter what the size. I have seen some very large people be the ones desired by all because they knew what they were worth, and they showed it. People wanted to be around that and with that. And also, because they loved themself as is, they were not afraid of intimacy.

There are many thin people who are not nearly as attractive because they hate themselves. Getting thin or in better shape doesn't automatically make you fall in love with yourself. It helps, a bit... But if the problem is rooted in your self esteem, you will always find things that are wrong with you no matter what size.

Trust me.. I struggle with insecurity every damn day. And it can be a real turn off. I would encourage you to take some time on this "journey" you are on to really look inside. Working on the mental picture you have of yourself will do far more benefit to a future relationship than having a banging body will. Again... I know this.

You are loveable as you are. Right now. Your skin suit is not where your value lies. And any person worth being in a relationship with you would see that. You need to see it too.

Biggest hugs.
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    @ReenieHJ thank you. ❤️ I don't know where it comes from. But sometimes I get these images /visuals in my head when someone shares something, and I just try to describe what I see.
  • twitchandshout
    edited January 2021
    Options
    A crush only lasts four months.

Supposedly
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options

Supposedly

Lucky you, I lose a crush every time there is a post in the dad bob thread
  • twitchandshout
    Options

Supposedly

Lucky you, I lose a crush every time there is a post in the dad bob thread

supposedly
  • twitchandshout
    Options

Supposedly

Is this Science? What if it's like 3 years?

luv
  • sugaraddict4321
    sugaraddict4321 Posts: 15,744 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Is there any way to remove all your selfies from this forum or are you just kinda screwed and your face stays here forever and ever?

FYI, the internet is pretty much forever, not just MFP. ;) There are archiving sites like the wayback machine and whatnot that preserve pages every day. So even if we delete here and now, a search later might still pull up an archive of your lovely face.

In terms of your posts, feel free to report them and report any quotes with your image, but please try to limit to about 20 requests a day. Otherwise it can be overwhelming for mods to deal with the number of reports we receive. ;)