What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    qzbaet4xk9py.jpeg

Caribbean Veggie Pattie (dang, that pastry is hard to work with!), Jamaican Rice ‘N’ Peas and salad. Was very spicy but delicious! 🌶🌶

Looks great! Do you have a recipe for the patty? Never thought to make them 😱

This is the one I used, because I was inspired by the TV show I was watching!

https://thegreatbritishbakeoff.co.uk/recipes/all/liam-charles-caribbean-patties/

The filling is a keeper, for sure, I may try a different recipe for the pastry another time, because I’m not 100% convinced it’s right.

(...clicks to site...)

"Difficulty: Needs skill"

(reads steps and gets to...)

"Step 2: Make the pastry."

Wut? That's all I get? I'm a goner, for sure lol Thank you for the link! It looks like a fun learning process, regardless! When I attempt, I'll post...assuming I get past Step 2.

I looked it up too. It's complicated and calls for ingredients that I can't get here. Bows out.....
  • stephaniek511
    stephaniek511 Posts: 86 Member
    She somehow knows the sound of the tuna can (as opposed to the tomato paste can for example) and comes running in the kitchen whenever I open one.

Mine seemed to have a sixth sense about tuna cans vs other cans, too - funny!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,599 Member
    Retro waldorf salad to start followed by dutch split pea soup.
    27adkexwv44p.jpeg
    7ttmodd40wrc.jpeg
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    acpgee wrote: »
    Retro waldorf salad to start followed by dutch split pea soup.
    27adkexwv44p.jpeg
    7ttmodd40wrc.jpeg

Erwtensoep!
    Lekker 😀
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    canyonGeek wrote: »
    Well, I see that someone "disagrees" -- but actually, the above was scrumptious and fit my macros, so : P

Also, how can you go wrong with shiritaki noodles?! Love the stuff! It looked like a yummy meal @canyonGeek
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    When someone disagrees on this thread I wonder what they mean!

Are they saying they don’t believe that’s what you ate? Or saying they wouldn’t eat that meal? The former is the only one that makes sense with the thread title ‘What do your meals look like?’ 🤷‍♀️

Crazy!
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    oxauoei3n9yo.jpeg

So I made something amazing, entirely by accident. A box of chickpea pasta, jar of marinara, 1/2 bag of chopped frozen spinach, chopped pre-cooked sausages, and dollops of ricotta with a little seasoning all baked. This is all that remains. Husband and toddler both had seconds, and my sister is asking for the recipe. :o
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member

@o0Firekeeper0o - how would you describe the chickpea pasta? A few of my friends said they didn't like it at all.
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    Since we had to go to Costco after my partner got home from work we decided to pick up a rack of their already cooked dry rub ribs. Made black rice and a purple cabbage slaw to go with. Their ribs are not too bad. Tender and moist but too much salt for my taste.

43km9ovuthae.jpg

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Lazy Blonde Chef
    I've noticed that you have made black rice before and wonder if it taste a lot different than any of the white varieties.
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    @PAPYRUS3 The best way I can describe it is a lot like whole wheat pasta, if you’ve ever had that. The texture is more break-apart than regular pasta and has more of a beany, grain-y flavor. It’s not bad at all; I like it, but it’s not my first choice for gf pasta. Rice pasta in my opinion is the closest thing you will get to the ‘real’ stuff while still being gluten free. I just used chickpea pasta because we had a box in the cupboard we needed to use up :)
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    Peach1948 wrote: »
    Lazy Blonde Chef
    I've noticed that you have made black rice before and wonder if it taste a lot different than any of the white varieties.

Not @LazyBlondeChef obviously but in my experience, black rice kind of reminds me of a cross between wild and brown rice, if that helps at all. It depends on brand and type of course but I think it’s more like those types than like white rice!