Relapsers getting Real Healthy Accountability group- 2020-2021

Replies

• heather9986hg
    heather9986hg Posts: 60 Member
    This week went fast
    I exercised 3x this week for over 45 minutes at a time!
    I ate fruit (2 clementines) twice each day
    I aimed to get a few veggies at both lunch and dinner
    All was good except for the dq blizzard my husband treated to me on Sunday a piece of cake and a piece of pie from my parents
    I have a sweet tooth :(
    Hopefully next week is better 🙂
  • Dukare
    Dukare Posts: 144 Member
    Hi all and new faces! Can't stay long as my brain is mush...

Fantastic to hear some pounds were lost! AND the ability to stick to it! Definitely small wins make a huge difference when trying to not derail completely...

I've survived the week, his offer letter came in today and so he will be starting first of the month.. I have 9-1 training Majority of next week, work is piling a bit up, frustrating me, the baby is teething and clingy (nom cereal!) and my mom leaves the same week he starts his job. It's going to be ...interesting...

Luckily I can work weeknds to offset crazy days where I don't get my proper time in.

As my back is still hurting and my front spasms a wee bit, I'm taking it easy and just trying to balance it all and watch the water and snacks my plan is to just start walking. We have a treadmill, so taking it slow by just getting on that when I can may be just what I need to help with this weight. I think this extra foreign 30 lb is really taking its toll...either that or I'm nearing 30 🤣🤣😭😭🍻

We will be having Ethiopian this weekend to celebrate his job which means lots of bread for me. Luckily I can make it less spicy so I will eat a little less bread. Both enjoy still.

On another note: i willingly put olives, green peppers, onions and spinach on a pizza we got tonight (second time I did it) and I even ate it. *tear * i have come so far guys. I eat veggies on pizza now! Hah. But really. I find I Crave veggies.... yet my hummus remains unopened and carrots untouched 🤔🤔

Here is to an insane end of the month!!

LET'S FINISH STRONG!! I HAVE FAITH IN YOU ALL! 😁😁🤗🤗 Totally love hearing about everything (many I totally commiserate with) and wish I could remember enough to comment on them all, but must push it off to when my brain has the ability to think that much (it does happen, I promise hah)..

💃💃💃💃 Best of luck staying strong, kicking those goals into gear and making progress!!

• workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Thanks for the welcomes! I just finished 40 minutes on my recumbent bike, that makes 6 days this week. (I’ve had it 2 weeks now)
    Calories are on point too, and I’m loving the extra I get from all the peddling.
  • seschreck
    seschreck Posts: 5 Member
    I've had a stressful week and it's gonna be worse before it gets better. I'm counting the small wins like sticking to my calorie count. I've done quite well considering the obstacles. Just reminding myself that healthy food can help me deal with stress better than a cheese burger. Plus I only cook foods I love, so that helps. I hope everyone is feeling more fabulous each day even when your feeling stressed.
  • sh3wolf
    sh3wolf Posts: 17 Member
    Hi everyone!

My name is Elizabeth, I'm 38. I am glad to connect with all of you and I also need support because I too have been on and off. Most recently I was doing great but, three months ago I fell off the healthy wagon... I also believe it is psychological. I am back on and started three days ago. I'm hoping to get my weight back down and begin to live my life healthy again.

I am currently 173 lbs and hope to lose 10 lbs to start.
    My ultimate goal weight will be 125 lbs.

I'll post an accountability tonight

Hoping to meet new friends on here so add me and send me a message ☺
  • heather9986hg
    Worked today
    For breakfast had Kashi milk and scrambled eggs
    Didn't like lunch at work had yogurt and some asparagus
    Got home my husband made dinner he made deer burgers I had broccoli and Sweet potatoes too
    Snacks...I had some m&ms and having 2 clementines as an evening snack
  • heather9986hg
    I had half of my husband's pancake :(
  • HealthyTrent
    HealthyTrent Posts: 157 Member
    Hey all! hope you're doing well. Sorry I disappeared for a few days, but I needed to unplug and just let whatever was making last week hard work through my system. I'm back after an awful week food-wise & up a bit on the scale (most of which I hope drops off pretty quickly) - but ready to get back into the groove.
  • ClearNotCloudyMind
    ClearNotCloudyMind Posts: 238 Member
    Hi everyone, it’s been a quiet few days. I’ve been feeling a bit like I’m off the wagon, having upped my daily calories from 1200 to around 1450. I was just too HUNGRY, and it’s been very easy eating my way through the extra leeway.

We’ve had a nice dumping of snow, so missed my Sunday ride, but we built an igloo instead, which probably worked out equally active.

On the happy side, I’ve been incorporating a fair bit more yoga into my daily routine. Nothing nuts, maybe just a 10 minute morning stretch or a half-hour evening online class. Can’t begin to say how much better my body is feeling, though it is burning zip zero nada calories.

Trying to go a bit easy on myself as the weight loss stalled so dreadfully. No idea why but maybe a bit of R&R will have me back and losing next month. Massive kudos to those of you still losing in the dark months!
  • heather9986hg
    I had a very healthy lunch at work cranberry chicken and mixed veggies and baked beans
    For dinner I'm declining my husband's fried chicken instead having deer meat munster cheese and broccoli
    I did have ice cream though :(
  • ClearNotCloudyMind
    @heather9986hg what is “deer meat Munster cheese”? It sounds exotic! Broccoli a firm favourite with us...
  • heather9986hg
    @heather9986hg what is “deer meat Munster cheese”? It sounds exotic! Broccoli a firm favourite with us...

My husband hunts deer
    It's just deer hamburger I put cheese over I like munster cheese
  • HealthyTrent
    Hi all! just popping in - about to eat my dinner (nothing spectacular - a protein-focused microwave meal) - work's been heavy today and I'm running on light sleep due to the dog peeing in the bed last night. :scream: I do need to get some walking in to stay in the running for my stepbet game - I'll do a little more work then hop on the treadmill & watch a show.

@heather998hg - the ground deer meat and cheese sounds so yummy!
    Hi everyone, it’s been a quiet few days. I’ve been feeling a bit like I’m off the wagon, having upped my daily calories from 1200 to around 1450. I was just too HUNGRY, and it’s been very easy eating my way through the extra leeway.

Eating 1200/day is HARD. That's the biggest reason why I was so active for most of the last 2 months - it gave me at least a little more wiggle room to eat a bit more and still lose. I think I fell off the wagon so hard the last week partially because the week or two prior I'd really tightened my intake and was staying closer to 1200/day. I'm starting to acknowledge that I need to slow my loss down to a more sustainable rate where I can eat a little more freely and/or be okay with lighter activity when work is really busy.
  • ClearNotCloudyMind
    @HealthyTrent It's so much nicer to get to the end of the day vaguely near my calorie target rather than blasting past it and still hungry! The funny thing is I never used to struggle to hit 1200kcals before Christmas, when I was out of the house all day. But since Christmas it's been virtually impossible! The exercise calorie thing is tricky... based on past experience if I use them up I seem to stop losing weight, but the day AFTER exercising, wow I get the munchies!

I've also realised that my hunger re-emerged when I started eating more bread and jam and other sugary starches. Sooooo, I'm going to experiment with cutting down on sugars (bread particularly) for a while and eating healthier alternatives for a month. If it doesn't work then I'll try something else, but this is a new one for me. Who knows... it might work! The porridge I had for breakfast is certainly working so far.

@heather9986hg thanks for explaining, that makes more sense. Venison is one of my favourites to eat when it comes into season. There's a fair bit of local venison about, but I am not sure how it gets to the butchers (the local shoots are all for game birds). We stew it in white wine, which sounds insane but just works. I've not come across munster cheese but will keep an eye out...

• HealthyTrent
    Busy Busy day today - my employer released earnings for Q4 this morning (I'm in accounting - can't recall if I've mentioned that), and I'll be listening in to the investor call and we have a global town hall meeting, along with 3-4 team meetings (I might skip one of the them). All of this virtual, of course. Makes it a little hard to get work done! It was so nice to sleep better last night and not smell dog pee in the bed. That was the worst on Sunday night. I'm still finishing up washing all the beddings - I had to soak the blankets in a special cleaner to hopefully permanently get the smell out. It's really amazing how poor sleep can make controlled eating so much harder!
    @HealthyTrent It's so much nicer to get to the end of the day vaguely near my calorie target rather than blasting past it and still hungry! The funny thing is I never used to struggle to hit 1200kcals before Christmas, when I was out of the house all day. But since Christmas it's been virtually impossible! The exercise calorie thing is tricky... based on past experience if I use them up I seem to stop losing weight, but the day AFTER exercising, wow I get the munchies!

Yeah, the last 2 months I wasn't eating anywhere near all my exercise calories - I set my base goal to 1200 cal, and then might earn anywhere from 300-1000 extra calories from exercise, and would only eat a small amount of those (maybe a total of 1300-1600 calories, depending on how much I earned). I love using a fitbit as it really helps me monitor my total activity for the day - there's there's some days where I'm more sedentary outside of my planned exercise, and other days where I'm really active not counting any actual exercise, and it's nice to know roughly where I'm at.

• heather9986hg

I've also realised that my hunger re-emerged when I started eating more bread and jam and other sugary starches. Sooooo, I'm going to experiment with cutting down on sugars (bread particularly) for a while and eating healthier alternatives for a month. If it doesn't work then I'll try something else, but this is a new one for me. Who knows... it might work! The porridge I had for breakfast is certainly working so far.

@heather9986hg thanks for explaining, that makes more sense. Venison is one of my favourites to eat when it comes into season. There's a fair bit of local venison about, but I am not sure how it gets to the butchers (the local shoots are all for game birds). We stew it in white wine, which sounds insane but just works. I've not come across munster cheese but will keep an eye out...

My husband hunts and I love the deer meat
    We use it in so much never heart of the wine
    We've done deer hamburger helper
    Deer tacos
    Deer bbq
    Deer meatloaf
    I've stuffed peppers with it
    I'm creative 😃
  • ClearNotCloudyMind
    So after WEEKS of struggling to keep my calories down I gave up and raised my target. Ridiculously I’m now not only no longer hungry, but managed to come in under 1200 today without even trying. Whatttttt?! It’s like my body is saying “hahahahaha”.

It’s the bread. I don’t want it to be the bread. I love bread. But swapping toast for porridge and sandwiches for baked sweet potatoes or pittas makes one load of difference to my hunger pangs.

Also my weight isn’t going down at ALL this month but I got out the tape measure and yup there’s shrinkage! Not much but definitely progress. Thank goodness!!! I hate feeling like I’m battling away for nothing.

It was a good day 😆 hope you’re all doing well and having a great one yourselves
  • Dukare
    Dukare Posts: 144 Member
    Hi all!

I did manage to walk once but am juat balancing life and work. Ma goes back next week... going to be one heck of a week.

I made corned beef and veggies last night, ate it today with cornbread muffins and gravy made today. Might have taken 2 nights but I got us a dinner ha.

Relying more on my green tea now to get me through my days. I need to be putting in my hours and that means waking early for work...which means less lounge or nap time in the morning.

The hubby starts his new job Monday. DUN DUN DUNNNN lol. It'll be an interesting February to say the least....

I'm feeling more confident about my weight loss goals, less confident (more stressed) about having to balance raising the baby with both of us, at home, working full-time.

Luckily after my mom leaves, and covid out, we have nothing to do but work all sorts of hours ha.

Also luckily my guy is very supportive and usually will help when I'm just struggling hard to feed us. I'll miss my mom sending in my lunch though. Man it was nice having someone else do the food making for myself 😆🤔 moms. Gotta love them.

Wait.

... I'm a mom now.

*puts big girl pants on* I got DIS....

I just got pineapple and brocolli for snacks this week. Omnomnom
  • seschreck
    seschreck Posts: 5 Member
    I know I'll feel better if I just do a workout. The internal battle of being a couch potato tonight is exhausting. I'm gonna do it, as soon as I get home from work. You heard it here first. I'm gonna do it.
  • gfinley49
    gfinley49 Posts: 11 Member
    Hi there, question, does anyone eat any frozen meals such as "healthy choice", lean cuisine, etc.? For those nights when I just don't feel like cooking or on the go, looking for a quick but healthier choice option. Thank you!!!!