What can I change to lose weight.

Options
Hi, just need some advice here.. Gonna throw some of my stats out here to see if anyone can help me. I cannot seem to lose Any Weight at all.. Mother of two, after my last child 3 years ago, I managed to lose about 70% of the weight gained. But gradually it crept on. Last year I put up a stone more.(went from 154 - 168lbs) . I don't know how as I didn't change anything about my lifestyle or diet. So I'm 41, weigh 168lbs, 5'4". I eat between 1200-1400 cal per day..I'm a stay at home mum but is active with the kids. Do 15 min cardio (threadmill/rowing machine) 6 days a week. 15 min weights 6 days a week (each day not same part of body-varies). I rarely drink alcohol and I don't have a sweet tooth. Cannot lose any weight. What am I doing wrong? Aiming to get to 140lbs.. But that mark is so far off.. At the moment, I just want to get to 154 at least.

Replies

• Ddsb11
    Ddsb11 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Changing even a minute detail, you don’t notice, can add additional calories over time causing weight gain. It happens to most of us, which is why we:

1. Weigh our food and track everything in the food diary
    2. Weigh ourselves consistently and follow the weight trend on apps like Libra or Happy Scale
    3. Check in here and get support to refocus and tighten our logging.

You can reach any goal you set for yourself. Just be patient and consistent and know weight loss is not a straight line for any one of us.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    vrwem02m9c74.jpg
  • sakhand2020
    sakhand2020 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What has helped me is yoga along with walking and keeping a gratitude journal. Also, inspirations are a grate way to keep motivating yourself. How about having a workout day witha buddy? Hel]s with accountability.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    carhenn wrote: »
    Hi, just need some advice here.. Gonna throw some of my stats out here to see if anyone can help me. I cannot seem to lose Any Weight at all.. Mother of two, after my last child 3 years ago, I managed to lose about 70% of the weight gained. But gradually it crept on. Last year I put up a stone more.(went from 154 - 168lbs) . I don't know how as I didn't change anything about my lifestyle or diet. So I'm 41, weigh 168lbs, 5'4". I eat between 1200-1400 cal per day..I'm a stay at home mum but is active with the kids. Do 15 min cardio (threadmill/rowing machine) 6 days a week. 15 min weights 6 days a week (each day not same part of body-varies). I rarely drink alcohol and I don't have a sweet tooth. Cannot lose any weight. What am I doing wrong? Aiming to get to 140lbs.. But that mark is so far off.. At the moment, I just want to get to 154 at least.

How long have you been doing this while using a food scale and logging all your food?

With not a lot of weight to lose, it's going to require quite a lot of diligence and accuracy, IME. It took me nine months to lose from 155 to 140.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    There are mistakes that people commonly make that cause them to not lose weight that we might be able to spot if you change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings
  • hulldon1
    hulldon1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    15 min cardio seems low. How many cals are you burning at that? I tend get weight loss at 3 miles walking daily, 400 cals.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,738 Member
    Options
    hulldon1 wrote: »
    15 min cardio seems low. How many cals are you burning at that? I tend get weight loss at 3 miles walking daily, 400 cals.

It's possible to lose weight doing zero cardio. Fifteen minutes of cardio may seem low from a fitness standpoint, but half an hour of exercise 6 days a week (once one includes the strength training) is not profoundly unreasonable.
  • age_is_just_a_number
    Options
    With two small children at home, this may be difficult part, but can you change your exercise from 30 minutes to 45minutes? I’d use the extra 15 minutes for more weight training. Consider adding NEAT throughout the day — things like:
    - do 10 squats while waiting for the microwave or kettle to boil
    - Every time you go up the stairs, go back down and then back up before doing what you wanted to do up stairs

All those little changes add up.

Good luck