What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Thinking about how for a couple of years I equated excessive exercise and constant discomfort with health. And I made “fitness” a moral issue. I thought of my inability to cope well with constant low-grade hunger as a lack of discipline. I think that’s *kitten* now. This is probably an ironic place to talk about this.

It's the perfect place to talk about it seeing as it's one of the most popular, contemporary ways to berate or inflate our sense of self.
  • twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Thinking about how for a couple of years I equated excessive exercise and constant discomfort with health. And I made “fitness” a moral issue. I thought of my inability to cope well with constant low-grade hunger as a lack of discipline. I think that’s *kitten* now. This is probably an ironic place to talk about this.

It's the perfect place to talk about it seeing as it's one of the most popular, contemporary ways to berate or inflate our sense of self.

Hmmm. Good point
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options

For the record - I agree with this statement.

I also hugged your previous post.

My love/hate relationship with this place is toxic at times, but you already know this. ❤️ I've put several people on ignore recently to make this place more enjoyable, let's see how this goes.

Testing testing.....
  • twitchandshout
    edited February 2021
    Options

Struggling with this mode of thinking rn myself, I'm still in the torture boat...but to be honest... I do think I feel mentally healthier, at least when I workout.

It’s probably a very individual thing.

Eta: and it’s a complicated issue involving a $72 billion industry. I’m just a tiny flea trying to figure stuff out.
  • twitchandshout
    Options

My love/hate relationship with this place is toxic at times, but you already know this. ❤️ I've put several people on ignore recently to make this place more enjoyable, let's see how this goes.

I’m on so many lists!

You are on the short list
  • lisamestiza2021
    lisamestiza2021 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I would enjoy chitchat more if I couldn’t see the reactions. Most of the time they’re meaningless to me anyway. And when I think about them at all they just annoy me. There should be a way to put them on ignore.

absolutely agree with you
  • twitchandshout
    Options

When you put on ignore can you see their post if someone quotes it?

Unfortunately yes
  • twitchandshout
    Options

When you put on ignore can you see their post if someone quotes it?

Unfortunately yes

You'd have thought with mfp being so good on the technical side they'd have gotten around that 🙄

😂
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    I think I put too much pressure on my dog to cuddle with me in bed he's been pulling this nonsense lately called puking in the early morning hours and I think it's bc he just wants me to stop smothering and let him have the bed to himself him but no you mine I snuggles hard little buddy and I'll change those sheets and smother you again and again

This image from my childhood instantly popped in my head - who remembers tiny toons Amirite??

68q9ir5nu6tw.gif
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,558 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    I think I put too much pressure on my dog to cuddle with me in bed he's been pulling this nonsense lately called puking in the early morning hours and I think it's bc he just wants me to stop smothering and let him have the bed to himself him but no you mine I snuggles hard little buddy and I'll change those sheets and smother you again and again

This image from my childhood instantly popped in my head - who remembers tiny toons Amirite??

68q9ir5nu6tw.gif

We're tiny, we're toony, we're all a little loony... And in this cartoony we're invading your tv!
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options

68q9ir5nu6tw.gif

I have never seen this tiny toons you speak of... wha....
  • cowsfan12
    Options

68q9ir5nu6tw.gif

We're tiny, we're toony, we're all a little loony... And in this cartoony we're invading your tv!

Just another day in acme acres lol
  • cowsfan12
    Options

68q9ir5nu6tw.gif

🤯 - you gots a few years on me - so you were prolly not watching this show after school or Saturday mornings at that time - you were prolly smoking in the girls room with all the other cool cats right??
  • GymGoddessGoals
    Options

68q9ir5nu6tw.gif

🤯 - you gots a few years on me - so you were prolly not watching this show after school or Saturday mornings at that time - you were prolly smoking in the girls room with all the other cool cats right??

That's probably true.
  • cowsfan12
    Options

68q9ir5nu6tw.gif

That's probably true.

I knew it !
  • GymGoddessGoals
    Options
    I'ma start me a hot moms club

Well that eliminates me.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    I'ma start me a hot moms club

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47c0fc3q1cti9w0kijttdgpeam354qutfdc06vu1bq&rid=giphy.gif