Replies

• slimtastesbetter
    slimtastesbetter Posts: 7,913 Member
    @WandRsmom you look great, what an inspiration! :smiley:
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,393 Member
    edited February 2021
    4ac38gw40d7p.jpg
    Great job, but why stop there? You look SO great now (and I am not trying to belittle your amazing progress) but I am sure still in the overweight range. What made you stop and want to stay there?

Your comment makes you one even though Skylar, pictured above, was born with the label.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    WandRsmom wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Great job, but why stop there? You look SO great now (and I am not trying to belittle your amazing progress) but I am sure still in the overweight range. What made you stop and want to stay there?

I lift heavy and carry a lot of muscle. I think perhaps you may be seeing fat on my face and breasts and assuming a lot, which I understand as I do have a found face . I measure at 27.5 inch waist 36.5 bust and just went up to 36 hip.

I am 5'9 and stay around 155-165. I don't really believe in weight as a deciding factor health. In fact I was smaller weight wise for awhile but my measurements were actually bigger and I didn't feel nearly as good.

As for stopping I mean I didn't say I was stopping anything. I haven't stopped a thing my goals are more strength focused at this time.

But, yes as pointed out above I am a size 2/4 down form a 14/16. I have lost around 100lbs.

Your comments are what makes it hard for women who are strong not *skinny* accept themselves. I would be careful with that.

Sorry, I was wrong then if you aren't overweight. Just by the photo you still look overweight. Fit and strong and muscular, yes, but like BMI 25+. Must just be the photo then. I was wrong if you aren't overweight nothing I said matters and was wrong.

I've been criticized here on other threads for being too thin, when around BMI 20 (120 pounds at 5'5") and not totally devoid of muscle, because my upper body gets quite thin (ribs show), while lower body carries the remaining fat. Right now, a bit above that (125ish, BMI on the 20/21 cusp), I'm comfortably in US size 6, a little loose - maybe could fit size 4, without my Winter long johns, but haven't tried. (Upper torso, realistically, looking kind of gaunt, despite OK-ish back/shoulder/arm muscle, and strong legs.) Size 2/4 at 5'9" is pretty narrow, IME. But, like I said, not my call: It's OP's, and her doctor's.

I am sorry you too, have been criticised. I am unsure if Canadian sizes differ from the U.S. I have very thick legs but had to work very hard to gain any sort of *kitten* and even after two kids don't have much for hips. While I do go up in size for tops/dresses more comfortably a 6/8 where as my pants are smaller. I feel strong and healthy and my dr has no issues rn. So I feel good about that. ☺️

Ohhhhh, another Canadian 🇨🇦😍🇨🇦 My guess is somewhere in the Prairie provinces (or you grew up there)?! I'm in Montreal.

Been reading the thread and love the premise, despite it needing to take a course correction here and there.

Your progress is your own to cherish and it's a privilege that you - and others - chose to share with us. Thank you!
  • WandRsmom
    WandRsmom Posts: 253 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »

I lift heavy and carry a lot of muscle. I think perhaps you may be seeing fat on my face and breasts and assuming a lot, which I understand as I do have a found face . I measure at 27.5 inch waist 36.5 bust and just went up to 36 hip.

I am 5'9 and stay around 155-165. I don't really believe in weight as a deciding factor health. In fact I was smaller weight wise for awhile but my measurements were actually bigger and I didn't feel nearly as good.

As for stopping I mean I didn't say I was stopping anything. I haven't stopped a thing my goals are more strength focused at this time.

But, yes as pointed out above I am a size 2/4 down form a 14/16. I have lost around 100lbs.

Your comments are what makes it hard for women who are strong not *skinny* accept themselves. I would be careful with that.

Sorry, I was wrong then if you aren't overweight. Just by the photo you still look overweight. Fit and strong and muscular, yes, but like BMI 25+. Must just be the photo then. I was wrong if you aren't overweight nothing I said matters and was wrong.

I've been criticized here on other threads for being too thin, when around BMI 20 (120 pounds at 5'5") and not totally devoid of muscle, because my upper body gets quite thin (ribs show), while lower body carries the remaining fat. Right now, a bit above that (125ish, BMI on the 20/21 cusp), I'm comfortably in US size 6, a little loose - maybe could fit size 4, without my Winter long johns, but haven't tried. (Upper torso, realistically, looking kind of gaunt, despite OK-ish back/shoulder/arm muscle, and strong legs.) Size 2/4 at 5'9" is pretty narrow, IME. But, like I said, not my call: It's OP's, and her doctor's.

I am sorry you too, have been criticised. I am unsure if Canadian sizes differ from the U.S. I have very thick legs but had to work very hard to gain any sort of *kitten* and even after two kids don't have much for hips. While I do go up in size for tops/dresses more comfortably a 6/8 where as my pants are smaller. I feel strong and healthy and my dr has no issues rn. So I feel good about that. ☺️

Ohhhhh, another Canadian 🇨🇦😍🇨🇦 My guess is somewhere in the Prairie provinces (or you grew up there)?! I'm in Montreal.

Been reading the thread and love the premise, despite it needing to take a course correction here and there.

Your progress is your own to cherish and it's a privilege that you - and others - chose to share with us. Thank you!

I am in Ontario. ☺️
  • WandRsmom
    WandRsmom Posts: 253 Member
    I understand what you are saying itbis a shocker when I don't see the heavy me anymore!
    You get critized for being fat you get critized for baby pudge then you get critized for a size 4 😲 opinions are like armpits everyone has them and they all stink 😄 keep trucking along you are doing great!

LORD JESUS bless you and yours 💟

So true. What find interesting, is that just last week the comment on this same pic on my IG stories from someone, was that I was now "too thin"🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️😂😂. You truly can't please everyone and you just have to be happy with yourself.

Most comments were positive TBf. Just like here.
  • rterm
    rterm Posts: 13 Member
    Pictures are great if you've achieved your weight goals, and want to show it to others. For me, my daily weighings on the scale is my ultimate scoring machine. If my weight goes up it proves that I ate too much the day before, and if my weight goes down, it validates my calorie counts on MFP, where I stayed below the goal.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    rterm wrote: »
    Pictures are great if you've achieved your weight goals, and want to show it to others. For me, my daily weighings on the scale is my ultimate scoring machine. If my weight goes up it proves that I ate too much the day before, and if my weight goes down, it validates my calorie counts on MFP, where I stayed below the goal.

Really? My scale weight goes up overnight sometimes for totally random reasons, even without over-eating. Something like eating a salty meal within calorie goal, or doing an extra tough workout, or coming down with a head cold/congestion - those can easily add a pound on the scale. (It's water weight my body needs, in those circumstances, not fat.)

On the rare occasions when I've eaten enough in one day to gain an actual pound of fat (3500 calories above maintenance calories in one day, about 5500 or so total calories in my case), it usually takes a couple of days for that food to get digested, metabolized, and clearly show up as fat. The scale gain before that (day after the over-eating) is often multi-pound, though - water retention and temporary digestive contents on their way to becoming waste. It's totally misleading.

My daily weights prove nothing, and I've proven it. (I'm in year 5+ of maintaining a healthy weight, after previous decades of obesity.) Weight trends over time (multi-week) matter, if you ask me, not daily weights. If I thought of my daily weight as a scorecard, I'd be unnecessarily distressed way too often. YMMV.
  • rterm
    rterm Posts: 13 Member
    rterm wrote: »

Really? My scale weight goes up overnight sometimes for totally random reasons, even without over-eating. Something like eating a salty meal within calorie goal, or doing an extra tough workout, or coming down with a head cold/congestion - those can easily add a pound on the scale. (It's water weight my body needs, in those circumstances, not fat.)

On the rare occasions when I've eaten enough in one day to gain an actual pound of fat (3500 calories above maintenance calories in one day, about 5500 or so total calories in my case), it usually takes a couple of days for that food to get digested, metabolized, and clearly show up as fat. The scale gain before that (day after the over-eating) is often multi-pound, though - water retention and temporary digestive contents on their way to becoming waste. It's totally misleading.

My daily weights prove nothing, and I've proven it. (I'm in year 5+ of maintaining a healthy weight, after previous decades of obesity.) Weight trends over time (multi-week) matter, if you ask me, not daily weights. If I thought of my daily weight as a scorecard, I'd be unnecessarily distressed way too often. YMMV.