SAHMU Regroup (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I love all of the ideas I read above, especially all the spreadsheets on one link with tabs. I think it will be much easier for me to do this one...coming in so late to the current challenge was/is....well....a challenge. I think I'd have a much better grasp on things if I start from day one with everyone else :smile:
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Love all the ideas ladies! Keep um coming. I will try to figure out how to make the tabs on one spreadsheet, I am sometimes computer dumb but I will work on it.

Motivated Mammas sounds like a great group name!

I am so glad that all of you are coming back, I think this challenge will be even better and stronger because those of us wha are coming back are really commited to this and will stick with it!
  • amyelizbradley
    amyelizbradley Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I love all of the ideas I read above, especially all the spreadsheets on one link with tabs. I think it will be much easier for me to do this one...coming in so late to the current challenge was/is....well....a challenge. I think I'd have a much better grasp on things if I start from day one with everyone else :smile:

I like the idea of simplifying by having one "team"; I really like reading everyone's posts; as to people floating in & out, would it be crazy to make an "entrance requirement" of having had so many posts or in order to stay in, have a minimum number of posts?

Also, how do you decide when the group is closed vs. allowing more people to join?

What about a member roster, just so we have a better grasp on who's part of the challenge; no personal info. necessary just maybe the person's MFP name, then we can connect with other team members or just see when someone leaves the challenge.

As far as the name, I'd like to see a name that reflects who we are as women, not necessarily as mommies... I love being a mom, don't get me wrong, but I participate on MFP, do this challenge, workout etc. for my own health & well being so that I can wear all of my hats and wear them well. Does that sound crazy? As I re-read it, it kinda did to me but I'll leave my comments as if; just remember they're brainstorming type thoughts without much organization. Today was a tough day & my head's a tad screwy at the mo'...

Ultimately I am just so excited to be a part of this challenge, old and new!
  • LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Love all the ideas ladies! Keep um coming. I will try to figure out how to make the tabs on one spreadsheet, I am sometimes computer dumb but I will work on it.

Motivated Mammas sounds like a great group name!

I am so glad that all of you are coming back, I think this challenge will be even better and stronger because those of us wha are coming back are really commited to this and will stick with it!

I LOVE the name Motivated Mommas too! I am excited for the upcoming challenge!
  • momof2_0710
    momof2_0710 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm in as well..been having a crazy couple of weeks do to my school schedule, but I think I am figuring out my schedule where I can keep up with everything (exercising and logging). I like having teams but i'm good with whatever you decide. A buddy system is great as well. I'm ready to regroup with you ladies and get refocused.
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    I made a simple sheet so that we can put our user name and real name on it. I just want to see how many people we have coming back so please go here and put your name on the list. Thanks! Karie

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnwPqv9GV3KzdGJmckI0LXhiV2piODNrU3o3NG9XRVE&hl=en_US
  • amyelizbradley
    amyelizbradley Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I made a simple sheet so that we can put our user name and real name on it. I just want to see how many people we have coming back so please go here and put your name on the list. Thanks! Karie

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnwPqv9GV3KzdGJmckI0LXhiV2piODNrU3o3NG9XRVE&hl=en_US

Done! Thanks for doing this!
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    I am trying to find a cool image to put on our signature for our new group, any ideas? Also I still am unsure how to put tabs on the spreadsheet.

We have 13 ladies who have actually signed the sheet so far, I am thinking we may need to just have our one thread and then a buddy system, What do you all think?

I want there to be alot of support here so I am afraid seperating into teams may make it hard to get the support we need but we could compete as buddies but all stay on the same thread.

Just some ideas.

Have a great day!
  • megcc
    megcc Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Can I get in on this? I know it's not open yet but I'd love to join in when it does!
    I'm a SAHM to a wonderful 1 yr old daughter and now that she's weaned I want my body back!
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Can I get in on this? I know it's not open yet but I'd love to join in when it does!
    I'm a SAHM to a wonderful 1 yr old daughter and now that she's weaned I want my body back!

Ya we would love to have you join us, as long as you are committed and wanting to stay for the duration of the challenge, we are thinking 60 days. This is a great group of ladies that give great support. If you could just sign in on the spreadsheet
    ** If you have any ideas that would be great too.

Have a great day,
    Karie
  • megcc
    Options
    Yea! I signed up. I'm completely committed. 60 days would be perfect, it should be long enough for me to make major progress or even reach my goal!
    I love the buddy idea. I REALLY need accountability someone to check-in with.
  • sisa2324
    sisa2324 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I think that the buddy idea is great, seems like it might even make you more accountavle than with a group. Is there any way of buddying up with someone who is similar to you in regards to exercise? Maybe it won't matter, we are all fairly similar that way. Just a thought...
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    I will add an extra line on the check in spreadsheet where we could put our weight and that way we could buddy up by that maybe. What do you all think?
  • LoveNevrNds
    LoveNevrNds Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Are we starting the new challenge tomorrow, or a week from tomorrow? Just wondering.....
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Are we starting the new challenge tomorrow, or a week from tomorrow? Just wondering.....

If I can get all the buddies set up then we can start tomorrow, if there anyone knows who they would like to buddy with just send me a little msg please, otherwise I will match people up.
  • daisyelaine
    daisyelaine Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Eeeek! Tomorrow!! Eeek! (those are excited noises, btw...)

I think that keeping it to one thread is an AWESOME plan. Small enough to be manageable, but enough posters to keep it interesting and moving!
  • NewLife_11
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    I am sorry but an emergency has come up with one of my sisters so I wouln't be able to work on the challenge tonight, I will be driving a total of 7 hours instead but I will try to get on tomorrow. I am really sorry If someone else wants to post a challenge for the week than feel free.
    Karie
  • megcc
    Options
    I'm so sorry. Don't worry about the challenge just take care of yourself and your family.
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    I am sorry but an emergency has come up with one of my sisters so I wouln't be able to work on the challenge tonight, I will be driving a total of 7 hours instead but I will try to get on tomorrow. I am really sorry If someone else wants to post a challenge for the week than feel free.
    Karie

Karie,
    Don't worry about us. I hope that everything is OK with your sister and you have a safe drive. Be careful! You'll be in my thoughts.
    Hugs to you!
  • momof2_0710
    momof2_0710 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hope everything will be ok..Dont worry we will figure it out. Keeping you and your family in my prayers.