• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,050 Member
    28.9/70 miles

2/1: 6 miles
    2/2: 4.1 miles
    2/3: 7.1 miles
    2/5: 1.7 miles
    2/6: 10 miles

Yesterday I did C25k with my family. They have crossed into the point where they are running more than walking.
    Then today I went out for my long run, 10 miles. I slept in a touch and ended up talking to my daughter after breakfast so got out a little later than normal. But, probably for the better because it was almost 50 F when I started. The run ended up being good even though I did overdress a bit.
    I don't know if any of you have tried Stinger chews. I got a pack to try and they were horrible. Maybe it was just the flavor (mango melon) but omg, terrible. For 10 miles I would usually eat 5 but I just couldn't. I choked down 3 before I just couldn't any more. I'll stick with my blox moving forward.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,427 Member
    @martaindale I have been using Gatorade chews for years. I just suck on them throughout the run, only using 1 every 5-6 miles. They work well for me.
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    February Goal: Hike/Run the "B's" *

2/1 off
    2/2 3.50 Cote D'Ivoire and Cape Verde Islands
    2/3 off
    2/4 3.35 Cambodia
    2/5 Life
    2/6 3.55 Cameroon

Total 10.4

exercise.png

*So, my 2021 resolution is to hike/run all 193 (or 195 depending on your source) countries of the world this year. This could be difficult, since I don’t have a passport. But YouTube to the rescue! I have been using the site to take train “trips” recently, and have found them strangely motivating. Why not the world?

• Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    2-1 6.1k treadmill
    2-2 5k treadmill + yoga
    2-3 6k slow
    2-4 6k easy + yoga
    2-5 5k treadmill
    2-6 6k slow + yoga
    2-7 5k treadmill

February Total: 39.1k
    February Goal: 150k

Had a little snow overnight, so went on the treadmill.

@rheddmobile Way to KILL it!!!

When you pop in here claiming your December 2021 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

PUT THE FUN BACK IN THE RUN!
    Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs (second attempt)
  • Eaglesfanintn
    Eaglesfanintn Posts: 813 Member
    2/1 3.16
    2/2 3.16
    2/3 3.19
    2/4 3.16
    2/5 3.4
    2/6 3.8
    2/7 6.2
    Total 26 / 90 for the month
    97 / 1114 for the year

exercise.png
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,941 Member
    @martaindale So glad the family is doing so well with the C25K!

@Scott6255 I might have to try Gatorade chews. I hadn't heard of them either.

@rheddmobile CONGRATULATIONS to you and DH on your fantastic run and PR's!

@Faebert Thank you! I'm glad you were able to get back into running with some regularity, but I'm so sorry to read about your ankle. I hope it is ok with rest! If it isn't one thing, it's another. Hugs to you.

@SummerSkier My next follow up is on the 18th. From what he said before, I will probably be given the okay to drive, but I don't think he will want me to run/play tennis for a couple more weeks. Maybe he'll change his mind.
    Sounds like your running is really progressing well!

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,941 Member
    @shanaber Glad the knee is feeling better and enjoy the tangerines!

Great running @Avidkeo !

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Wow I love seeing all the snow pictures! We don't get snow here. I experienced it in the UK over 10 years ago but wasn't a runner then.

Then I remember I don't like the cold lol
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,644 Member
    shanaber wrote: »
    Tangerine tree earlier in November when the tangerines were not yet ripe and some you can't see because they are still small and green. You can see generally though how covered it is.
    jzuetz0tz7jk.png

Marmalade. Tangerine curd. Tangerine meringue pie. Anything that uses oranges or lemons, just substitute tangerines. Freeze the juice?