Over 40 - Christmas Challenge (Closed)

Options

Replies

• dfeledichuk
    dfeledichuk Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    ... I have lost 51 lbs so far and only one person besides my husband has commented... oh well!
    Have you purchased new clothes for your current size? I found that when I ditched some of my now baggy clothes, people started to notice. I don't want to go overboard buying clothes (at least until I get to my target size), but one or two things might be reasonable.

Thanks for the suggestion Gwen, I need to buy some new pants almost everything is getting baggy I have been buying new tops, so I guess I need to get into some new pants too!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,273 Member
    Options
    ... I have lost 51 lbs so far and only one person besides my husband has commented... oh well!
    Have you purchased new clothes for your current size? I found that when I ditched some of my now baggy clothes, people started to notice. I don't want to go overboard buying clothes (at least until I get to my target size), but one or two things might be reasonable.

Thanks for the suggestion Gwen, I need to buy some new pants almost everything is getting baggy I have been buying new tops, so I guess I need to get into some new pants too!
    Hate to say this but it took cutting and dying my hair for anyone to notice my weight loss however I haven't lost as much as you. I did also get a few new less baggy things too. I do not expect too much notice until I get below 200 which will be a while.
  • LHann360
    LHann360 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Dfeledichuk- go and treat yourself to a new top. You deserve it :drinker:

Speaking of... I love to shop . I can wander around a store for hours with an item, and then I leave it on the rack on the way out. I hate to spend money on clothes. :laugh: but.........

On Labor Day, Good Will had their Dollar Day sale....everything in the store is One Dollar !! I bought 3 pairs of pants and 4 tops....a total of $ 7 and a few hours of good hunting. Now That's my idea of fun... I dropped of a bag of things that no longer fit, and filled a bag with new stuff. :happy: Hopefully by Christmas , I can do it all again in a smaller size.
  • brobin41101
    brobin41101 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Please... anyone, I need advice! I feel as though I am heading for another 2 week plateau:sad: (not good !!! ) I get so discouraged. I try to do all the right things and this is what happens. I can't exercise like everyone else ( yet! ) Some days, It's all I can do to finish out 8 hour at work.. Granted, I am on my feet all day, and I do quite a bit of walking. But you can't count that. I will take any and all advice.
  • LHann360
    LHann360 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Please... anyone, I need advice! I feel as though I am heading for another 2 week plateau:sad: (not good !!! ) I get so discouraged. I try to do all the right things and this is what happens. I can't exercise like everyone else ( yet! ) Some days, It's all I can do to finish out 8 hour at work.. Granted, I am on my feet all day, and I do quite a bit of walking. But you can't count that. I will take any and all advice.

Okay....you asked....and I'm worried. You need to eat food. Your calories are mostly from liquids, there is hardly any food in your diary. I looked back about 3 months and saw your setting was higher and you were eating more. Now your setting is lower. You never lower your calories once you start exercising - even if it's not a lot of exercise. Your body needs more fuel... good fuel. I would up it to at LEAST 1350 minimum. Try to find more substance, a cheese wedge, some turkey or chicken, nuts and whole grains. The stuff you did have yesterday was pretty good....have 2 servings of bean soup, maybe more snacks...try for 5 meals of 250 calories each.... peanut butter toast or bagel would be a whole meal if you get lower calorie bagel thins for example. My 10 oclock snack is usually an apple with a cheese slice . You don't have any fruit in there, a good fiber source. Lettuce is a freebie, I usually eat 2 cups to fill be up, then add egg whites a slice of turkey, a slice of cheese, walnuts if they're around. Grapes and raisins are great on salads too.

If you take all that liquid off your journal yesterday, here is what you ate;

carrot cake 60
    craisins/walnuts 101
    1 cup lettuce 7
    re fried beans 110
    2 tortillas 101
    fudge bar 100
    2 cups of bean soup 140
    corn bread 129
    rice 66

Frankly I'd be starving :noway: that's only 714 calories........that is not enough. You've lost 27 lbs. so know you can do it. :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Don't be discouraged , keep at it. Thanks for always checking in on me. It makes my day to see your comments .

Big hugs ~~
    Leila
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    Brobin,

I just read Leila's post and I think she raised some awesome points. With plateaus they always say you need to make a radical difference in exercise or diet, since you can't do exercise try the diet. Your metabolism might very well be running quite low due to the low calorie intake. Worth a try for sure.

HUGS to you!
  • brobin41101
    Options

Okay....you asked....and I'm worried. You need to eat food. Your calories are mostly from liquids, there is hardly any food in your diary. I looked back about 3 months and saw your setting was higher and you were eating more. Now your setting is lower. You never lower your calories once you start exercising - even if it's not a lot of exercise. Your body needs more fuel... good fuel. I would up it to at LEAST 1350 minimum. Try to find more substance, a cheese wedge, some turkey or chicken, nuts and whole grains. The stuff you did have yesterday was pretty good....have 2 servings of bean soup, maybe more snacks...try for 5 meals of 250 calories each.... peanut butter toast or bagel would be a whole meal if you get lower calorie bagel thins for example. My 10 oclock snack is usually an apple with a cheese slice . You don't have any fruit in there, a good fiber source. Lettuce is a freebie, I usually eat 2 cups to fill be up, then add egg whites a slice of turkey, a slice of cheese, walnuts if they're around. Grapes and raisins are great on salads too.

If you take all that liquid off your journal yesterday, here is what you ate;

carrot cake 60
    craisins/walnuts 101
    1 cup lettuce 7
    re fried beans 110
    2 tortillas 101
    fudge bar 100
    2 cups of bean soup 140
    corn bread 129
    rice 66

Frankly I'd be starving :noway: that's only 714 calories........that is not enough. You've lost 27 lbs. so know you can do it. :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Don't be discouraged , keep at it. Thanks for always checking in on me. It makes my day to see your comments .

Big hugs ~~
    Leila
    I think I need to go back to my diary tonight and re-adjust. And...eat more. I really appreciate your caring words. Thank you and hugs back at ya !!! Beth
  • brobin41101
    Options
    Brobin,

I just read Leila's post and I think she raised some awesome points. With plateaus they always say you need to make a radical difference in exercise or diet, since you can't do exercise try the diet. Your metabolism might very well be running quite low due to the low calorie intake. Worth a try for sure.

HUGS to you!
    Thank you for always responding. :flowerforyou: You are great. I will re -work my daily food and looks like I get to eat more, lol. I appreciate the support and input .:drinker: Hugs back to you , Beth
  • kepete
    kepete Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Last week I had a gain of 193.7 this week I weighed in early because I won't be around to weigh in ... Finally a loss and down to 191.3
  • brobin41101
    Options
    Last week I had a gain of 193.7 this week I weighed in early because I won't be around to weigh in ... Finally a loss and down to 191.3
    That is great news:bigsmile: I am very happy for you ! Keep up the good work.:drinker:
  • samhradh
    samhradh Posts: 297 Member
    Options

very well done:drinker: a water toast to your success
  • curlyjayne
    Options
    lost the 1 lb that i put on last week
    SW - 164
    GW - 149 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 163 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 162 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 163 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 162 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - xxx (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)

sorry i have not been posting much work has been super hectic and stressful, working very long hours.
    only exercised once this week, i will try and get back on track this week and eat properly and exercise more.
    xxx
  • MauiSue
    MauiSue Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Aloha and Mahalo for allowing me to be a part or this challenge! I actually "bumped up my walk" today with about 5 minutes of jogging today! I surely know the benefits of jogging... could eat whatever I wanted (no junk food) and enjoyed the high of the endorphins kicking in...I now need to re-commit, to this challenge. Mahalo to All!
  • _gwen
    _gwen Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Check in day!

Last week's challenge: get in 5 days of walking, at least 30 minutes a walk. I was able to walk five days. Hooray! The 8 hours of sleep, I did that five days out of 7. I also really noticed a difference in my energy level, and no problem being motivated to get out of bed in the morning to walk. Water continues to be good, and meal tracking is going fine.

This week's challenge, work on getting 7 days of walking in, at least 30 minutes a walk. I don't think walking really requires the rest day that weight training or any other strenuous cardio should have. It's also really reducing my back pain. I'm also continuing my 8 hours of sleep each night.

Posting my numbers and updating my ticker:

SW - 192.5
    GW - 172 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 191 (Aug 22)
    Week 2 - 194.8 (Aug 29) ugh, new scale
    Week 3 - 192.4 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 191.6 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - xxx (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
  • samhradh
    samhradh Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    super well done Gwen on reaching all your goals, here's to another great week.
    xx
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,273 Member
    Options
    kepete nice loss
    Jayne nice progress while being so busy.
    Sue I have been running and next week plan to do 2.8 miles of running and walking. Best wishes with the running.
    Gwen great job meeting your goals and losing weight. I suspect you have really lost about 4 pounds despite the new scale issue. I will have to look at my goals for my check in day tomorrow.
    So far so good all.
    Keri
  • brobin41101
    Options
    Sounds like, so far so good. Curlyjayne :drinker: congratulations on the 1 lb. loss.:cry: Sorry things have been so hectic for you. Hope things get easier. And.....MauiSue you are doing a great job.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: You have a beautiful place to walk. I love your profile pic ! Gwen, what a wonderful job you are doing.:smokin: No matter about the scale... not only did you get your water,but you are doing awesome on your walking challenge and your sleep. Keep up the good work.:drinker:
  • dfeledichuk
    Options
    Great job MauiSue on your running today and excellent weigh ins so far in the right direction.

As for me I have felt blah the last few days... you know feeling fat. I have for the last few weeks felt slim (although not) but you know the feeling you have when you know you are losing... not that way the last two days though. I am just so unbelievably busy right now, I need to make my exercise and eating the first priority!

Good luck everyone hope you are all moving in the right direction during weigh in tomorrow!
  • sherrillg
    sherrillg Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Wk 4 check in:

GW - 145 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - missed
    Week 2 - 162 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 160.2(Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 158.4 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - xxx (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)
    Week 9 - xxx (Oct 10)
    Week 10 - xxx (Oct 17)
    Week 11 - xxx (Oct 24)
    Week 12 - xxx (Oct 31)
    Week 13 - xxx (Nov 7)
    Week 14 - xxx (Nov 14)
    Week 15 - xxx (Nov 21)
    Week 16 - xxx (Nov 28)
    Week 17 - xxx (Dec 5)
    Week 18 - xxx (Dec 12)
    Week 19 - xxx (Dec 19)
    Final - xxx (Dec 25)
  • runninggirl262
    runninggirl262 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    SW - 155
    GW - 139 (Dec 25)
    Week 1 - 152(Aug 22)
    Week 2 -150 (Aug 29)
    Week 3 - 150 (Sep 5)
    Week 4 - 149 (Sep 12)
    Week 5 - xxx (Sep 19)
    Week 6 - xxx (Sep 26)
    Week 7 - xxx (Oct 3)

OK, I will take on the water challenge. I am good Monday and Tuesday, then I start slowing down by the end of the week.