What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• MikeRunsDaily
    MikeRunsDaily Posts: 20 Member
    1 hour running, 1 hour of strength and core work
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited February 2021
    One hour of 2 minute intervals, followed by 2 off. First half on the rower @ around 193 Watts and then on the AD Pro (Assault Bike) @ roughly 260 Watts (only six intervals on the bike, 8 on the rower). Had nothing left on the last bike interval.

w3t7a1cu21po.jpg
    yfljaqvby8ly.png
  • JDMac82
    JDMac82 Posts: 3,192 Member
    100 Fwd Jump Rope
    Down & Back on a B-ball Court
    High Knees
    Butt Kickers
    Laterals
    4 x Sprints
    30 sec Hulk SMASH Battle Rope
    KBell Carry for 160 meters
    Stair Circuit (every/ other/ lateral x2/ bunny hop)
    30 Sec Alternate Smash Ropes
    12/18/24 Box Jump x 5
    KBell Carry for 160 meters
    Box Jump Series
    5 min 4 mph @ 4 incline
    2 min 9 mph @ 2 incline
    2 min 4 @ 4
    2 min 9.5 @ 2
    2 min 4 @ 4
    2 min 10 @ 2
    5 min 4 @ 4
    5 rds 30 sec Sprint 15 sec Rest Death Bike
    Walk 2 laps

80 Hanging Leg Raises
    20 Hanging Leg Raises each side
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    2 x (2k on, 2' off/CD) rowing machine, middling stats (2:33.1 pace, 23 spm, <70%HRreserve), singing along with Lucinda Williams on the choruses to see if I could**, total of 4601m.

Then 29' of declining (10 to 1) count light kettlebell exercises while dinner was baking, same moves as reported last time, except I added bi-directional low figure 8s. My knees are making crazy crunchy noises and yowie-ing occasionally during, but I felt OK after last time, so I tried it again. Iffy: We'll see. 🤣 Doing the OHP kinda slow because I hate the bruises on the back of my forearms if I go fast. 🤷‍♀️

Also, a few sun salutations and side leg raises in the AM.

** It was hard, only partly because I don't know the words.😆 I do think I can talk/sing at slightly higher HR than average, because I believe the necessary breath control is trainable: Bow rower needs to be able to talk (loudly!) even at exertion, or the boat hits things, so I do it a lot. Rowers don't like it when the boat hits things. 😬
  • JDMac82
    1K Row
    15 KBell Swing
    10 Strict Press
    15 Pull-ups
    50 Hanging Leg Raises

10/8/6/4
    Shrugs
    Lat Pulls
    Bent Over Row
    V Bar Pulldowns
    Iso Pulldowns
    Dbell Shrugs
    Low Pulley Straight Bar Rows
    Iso Landmine Row
    Seated Rows
    Rope to Face

15 Wide Grip Pull-ups

Nifty 50 Abs
    Situps/Knee Tucks/Crunches/Rev Crunches/Flutter Kicks/Banded Crunches/Rower/Supine Bike
  • MikePfirrman
    @AnnPT77 - I will only sing along to the music when the wife isn't home. Wife hates when I sing, dogs love it. It is a very good indication if you're going too hard for Steady State if you can't talk or sing a bit, so it does have a function! Always good for the soul as well.
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Dumbbell squats
    Incline bench press
    Reverse flies
    Shoulder press
    And an attempt at a 500m row which I couldn't finish due to shoulder pain. Should go away in a couple days hopefully.
  • MikePfirrman
    Did 5500m @ 70% max HR on the rower, then another 3K after that. Once I drifted to around 72% max, I stopped. Roughly 45 minutes in or so.
  • AnnPT77
    Another 2 X (2k on 2' off/CD) rowing machine, this time more on the power end of the scale, trying for that extra meter (or two) on every stroke, 2:26.4 average pace (111W at my DF), 18 spm, HR topped out a little over 85% reserve . . . for me, this subjectively feels much more fatiguing than just a few seconds slower pace at higher spm (so lower m/stroke and HR). Maybe I need to do it more often. 🙄 Wonder if some of the HR increase is related to pressure effect rather than oxygen demand, because I'm for sure core-bracing more on the drive and of course releasing a bit on recovery - not breath-holding, but breath control.

Then I did about the same core routine as a few days ago (ball stir the pot CW & CCW, ball roll-outs (from knees), ball leg curls, McGill curl-ups, front plank (forearms), side planks R&L, ball passing, floor side crunch) but with some extra reps or seconds for several things, and added hanging knee raises. I can tell I need to be doing this sort of kjjthing: A few of these are cold sweat territory for me, even when I remember to breathe. 😆

Plus a few sun salutations in AM.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    Yesterday, I had an hour's climb over lunch. I was terrible - I got no hard routes. It's possible I was adversely affected by the cold (it was minus 3 Celsius); more likely it was just a bad day.

I got a 7 mile walk in the evening, when it got even colder.

Today, I did an hour of yoga before breakfast. I'll lift some weights this evening.
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Joined a group "Fun Run" last night for 4 miles around town. Chilly temps, but most of the roads were free of snow. Today will be a recovery paced trainer ride. This week is set up as a slight drop back in intensity. :)
  • JDMac82
    90 min rolling hills treadmill hike wearing a 30# vest
  • Djproulx
    edited February 2021
    Very easy 45 minute trainer ride today just to spin out any fatigue in the legs.

Best part of the day will be a 75 minute deep tissue massage. Without regular yoga and massage work, this old body would rust and parts would begin to crack and fall off. ;)
  • MikePfirrman
    edited February 2021
    I would have likely skipped this last year. My virtual rowing club's ITC this month (interclub challenge). Even at my best free rate (non restricted stroke per minute) best, I was barely over 7500 on this row, so I'm pleased with this one today for where my strength is currently. Definitely pushed my old heart to the limit! DF of only 90, so still protecting the back. Back felt good after this one.

Closest thing to compare it to is 600 deadlifts in 30 minutes, 20 each minute, nonstop. I think I'll count that as my leg workout for the day :D

I'd like to get these where I'm improving that Avg and Peak Force on the right of the blue screen (that's Erg Data, a rowing app) by about 25 to 30 lbs per stroke. That will just take a lot more lifting to do.

yixejhlmea5t.jpg
    ob644zbhboaj.png
    9jggchr33z83.png
  • mytyglotz
    mytyglotz Posts: 1,804 Member
    I'm still taking it very easy -- much more so than I would like.

But I've been grateful to do at least a few (lighter and less intense) sessions with Team Body Project in the past week. This morning was Walking Cardio Plus from the Real Start Plus program. I wanted to do more, but I told myself it might be wise to stop after one ~30-minute session and not risk overdoing it and sidelining myself even longer.

I hope I'm right.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!! Love your loved ones, but love yourself.
    And your body for all it does.
  • JDMac82
    100 Fwd Jump Rope
    15 KBell Swing
    10 Dbell Snatch
    15 Pull-ups
    60 Banded Crunches

10/8/6/4
    Bench
    Hammer Curls
    Flys
    Dbell Curls
    Chest Press
    Waiter Curls
    Overhead Press
    Rope Curls
    Land Mine Press
    Strict Press
    Rev Grip Ext
    Cable X Over

Sinister Abs (60 Reps)
    Situps/Flutter Kicks/Supine Bike/KBell Crunches/Rower/Cable Crunches/Knee Tucks/Leg Raises/Rev Crunches
  • Djproulx
    The past week's plan was for modest volume and intensity which allowed me to recover well. Today I resumed building fitness on the bike. Indoor trainer ride, 1:40:00 focused on Sweet Spot intervals with pedaling dynamics built in.

Warm up: 10 min increasing power outputs, then 5 min recovery
    Single leg drills: 8min
    Then, 4 x 28 minute blocks, each consisting of:
    4 min @ 200w, 85-95 rpm
    3min @ 190w, 95-105 rpm
    1min @ 175w, 105-115rpm (goal is to maintain form as power drops and cadence rises)
    10min @ endurance pace as recovery.
    Then, 5 min cool down.

Tomorrow's swim/run workout will start to push my swim endurance. The run will be fine. I really need to begin forcing myself to maintain form and push through discomfort and fatigue in the swim. Its a mental game that I need to improve.
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    500m row
    Dumbbell bench press
    Dumbbell lunges
    Dumbbell RDLs
    One arm dumbbell rows
    Shoulder press
    Stability ball leg curls
  • JDMac82
    60 min's shoveling snow
  • AnnPT77
    80 minutes of shoveling snow (well, mostly shoveling, maybe 10' sweeping), 2 x (2k on 2' off/CD) rowing machine for a total of 4562m, and a few sun salutations in the AM.