What's a food you're currently obsessed with?

Options

Replies

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    Cur6fthvnlp33pr.jpeg

Current obsession. The kids cereal that mom would only occasionally buy paired with Greek yogurt or a protein shake for milk- (my daughter did the same happy dance as I did as she poured her fruity pebbles that I did 15 minutes prior that she didn’t see me do lol, good happy dances are the best!)

And I’m currently obsessed with having an egg cooked in butter. #Balance

yum!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,425 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese pancakes. Quick, easy, portable(eat it like dry toast, no toppings), protein, low cal. Best possible grab’n’go snack.

Ok I was fascinated by this post, googled a recipe, and have now made it twice. Mine come out paper thin. Not at all like the “styled” (haha!) photos, but still.....

What’s your recipes and any suggestions?

Mine taste like deflated popovers (not a bad thing) without the yummy crust. Very filling and high protein, and I had a whole plate for 271 calories, so willing to provide room to improve texture by adding a few more calories.

I’m not a very good cook, so I really don’t have any hints. I pour 1 cup oats in the blender, zap ‘em to a fine powder, put them in a bowl. Put 1 cup cottage cheese in the blender— I have tried it with 2% and full fat, like 2% better and 3 eggs(less than the recipe calls for?). Zap it until it’s smooth, add it to the oat flour. The longer you let it sit, the thicker the batter gets. Made pancakes the first time, but they took too long to cook. Now I put them in the waffle iron. I tried them with blueberries in the batter. They tasted good, but were too messy, so I won’t do that again.
    I keep them in the fridge and I eat about a 50 calorie portion for a quick snack.
    Have added vanilla and pumpkin pie spice for added flavor, both good. Better with fruit and/or yogurt.

Thanks. I think I figured it out. The recipe called for half a cup of oats. In my head that was a serving, however a serving is only 1/3 cup.

I made them this morning with:
    45gr rolled oats pulverized in blender
    1 egg
    46gr liquid egg whites
    113gr cottage cheese
    Pinch salt
    Pinch baking powder

Blended all. It was much thicker than the first attempts. Overcooked, so a little tough, but still tasty spread with a little bit of lemon curd on each

Def worth continuing to experiment with.
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    TRASH CAN SALAD
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,710 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    co1l2zs6mbbd.jpg
    Too good not to share!! I've been making this insanely chocolate combo every day! NO SUGAR GLUTEN FREE LOW FAT HIGH PROTEIN!! WINNNNING!
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    PORK RINDS
  • OliveSalt
    OliveSalt Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Beyond sausage wake-up wraps with veggie egg white and white cheddar cheese from Dunkin Donuts
  • OliveSalt
    OliveSalt Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Oh and Everything But The Bagel seasoning from Trader Joes
  • Intentional_Me
    Intentional_Me Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Old fashioned oats, cashew milk, peanut butter, honeycrisp apple & vegan chocolate chips...
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Vinegars.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    Vinegars.

Same!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,243 Member
    Options
    Eggs. I am on an egg kick again. Especially for breakfast. Nothing else seems to satisfy me nearly as much as eggs in the morning.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Pretzel salt.

I’ve been saving the excess salt at the bottom of the bag of these pretzels and putting it on EVERYTHING! There is about a good 1/4c left at the bottom of the bag.

01pjpxvki44f.jpeg
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    Athijade wrote: »
    Eggs. I am on an egg kick again. Especially for breakfast. Nothing else seems to satisfy me nearly as much as eggs in the morning.

Eggs and ketchup and hash browns sounds so good for dinner right now
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    Pretzel salt.

I’ve been saving the excess salt at the bottom of the bag of these pretzels and putting it on EVERYTHING! There is about a good 1/4c left at the bottom of the bag.

01pjpxvki44f.jpeg

i do this too! Try it in oatmeal or on ice cream
  • o0Firekeeper0o
    o0Firekeeper0o Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Orange sherbet and chocolate magic shell. Mmmmm <3
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,605 Member
    Options
    Did the homemade salt beef last night. Pretty easy actually. Just takes a week to dry brine in the fridge.
    n2m0egcl58vk.jpeg
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    Orange sherbet and chocolate magic shell. Mmmmm <3

orange and chocolate will always be one of my favorite combos!
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    Did the homemade salt beef last night. Pretty easy actually. Just takes a week to dry brine in the fridge.
    n2m0egcl58vk.jpeg

that looks so good! right up my alley
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    ankzjlg0o8l1.jpeg

Cream of Rice with Peanut butter 😍
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    ankzjlg0o8l1.jpeg

Cream of Rice with Peanut butter 😍

this reminds me of malt-o-meal which was my favorite growin up!