Warning: TMI

2»

Replies

• mevoyamatar1
    mevoyamatar1 Posts: 2 Member
    I drink a lot of water—which is nice. In fact, I’m learning that many times I thought I was hungry, I was just thirsty. I also eat good portions of greens and am more physically active. It’s not that I’m not having BMs, it’s that they are not what they used to be. I know why and I’m not concerned. I just have to get used to facebooking from my laptop instead of my phone now.
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,427 Member
    sarah7591 wrote: »
    Try Metimucil or something like that. Easy way to get more fiber.

But real food is preferred.
  • KNoceros
    KNoceros Posts: 324 Member
    My husband and I basically eat the same. He goes three times before 9am. If I go three times a week, it’s more than usual. Bowel habits vary.
  • nytrifisoul
    nytrifisoul Posts: 500 Member
    KNoceros wrote: »
    My husband and I basically eat the same. He goes three times before 9am. If I go three times a week, it’s more than usual. Bowel habits vary.

Ouch.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    If I miss a day or 2....I take some magnesium for a couple days...
  • tbilly20
    tbilly20 Posts: 154 Member
    As has been said, your body needs fiber to produce a really great BM. Start with broccoli and cauliflower. The great thing about bulk-forming veggies like this is that they are high in fiber yet low in calories. Add some Metamucil too, and increase your water intake. You might feel a bit bloated at first, but your body will “process”. Track your fiber and make sure you are getting enough. You’ll be measuring courics in no time!
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    I miss my BMs. I used to eat roughly 3500 calories a day—at LEAST half of which was fast food. And I work in an office setting with no real physical activity. Under these conditions I would have 1-2 productive BMs a day.

Now I’m averaging 1600 calories a day and getting a little walking in everyday. I have much less productive BMs maybe every 36-48 hours.

It might sound strange, but I miss the satisfaction of the way it used to be. Not that I would go back to that, but I still miss it. Anyone else?!
    What's your eating program? If it's low carb and/or keto, that would explain a lot since FIBER is not a big part of either.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Not true exactly. A "healthy", I use that word loosely, low carb diet can have plenty of fiber. Look into Christopher Gardner's Dietfit study. Replacing whole grains and starches with low carb non starchy veggie can add more than enough fiber. Oh, no worries about TMI op. Pooping is a very common topic on the forums. 💩
  • sarah7591
    sarah7591 Posts: 415 Member

I try for a daily session in the Senate Chamber (to use the family's euphemism) but of course sometimes I get in there and there's a last-minute filibuster, and sometimes it's just a press release, and usually I have to work way harder than I think I should to just get a simple bill passed.

That is hilarious!!!

• mariamsmb1
    mariamsmb1 Posts: 19 Member
    I eat a lot of fruits and vegetables and usually get 30+ grams of fiber and still only go once every two or three days. I have always been that way. Im also a small person and eat about 1500 calories.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member

I'm disagreeing because I recently went through looking closely at fibre to up my intake a lot.

Metamucil has 3g of fibre per server. That's it, 3. And is about 20 calories. An apple generally has around 5 grams and is way tastier. Granted is 80 calories. An apple also has a huge amount of additional benefits.

I started adding metamucil but when I realised that I can just get fibre from what I was already eating by tweaking a bit, I'm much happier.

I mean 3g of fibre is ridiculous.
  • sarah7591
    sarah7591 Posts: 415 Member
    Avidkeo wrote: »

I'm disagreeing because I recently went through looking closely at fibre to up my intake a lot.

Metamucil has 3g of fibre per server. That's it, 3. And is about 20 calories. An apple generally has around 5 grams and is way tastier. Granted is 80 calories. An apple also has a huge amount of additional benefits.

I started adding metamucil but when I realised that I can just get fibre from what I was already eating by tweaking a bit, I'm much happier.

I mean 3g of fibre is ridiculous.
    I get what you are saying. I just looked at container and it says 6g of fiber for 30 calories (which is 2 teaspoons). It seems to help me but I do agree eating more fruits and veggies is the way to go.