JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Options

Replies

• sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY 2/12/21
    1. Log ALL my food for the day :) (I just went in and did this...OUCH, not a great calorie day, but at least I made myself log everything.)
    2. Drink more water :| (Could have done better)
    3. NO diet coke :)
    4. Don't snack after 8pm :/ (Had a yogurt)

JFT 2/13/21
    1. Log ALL my food for the day
    2. Drink more water
    3. NO diet coke
    4. Don't snack after 8pm

@mytime6630 You're not giving up and THAT'S huge! I understand the frustration of doing well for a few days and then losing that momentum, but the fact that we keep trying is what's going to help us be successful in the end.
    <<Hugs>>

@Thanis90 Welcome! The wonderful people in this thread are so supportive...you've definitely come to the right place for inspiration and new friends. :)
    My boys are 21 and 17 and I'm STILL trying to lose the baby weight!! LOL

@Wellingtx I like what you said in your post "new day, new opportunity". Even when we have an off day, there's always tomorrow. You've been doing great!

@Bex953172 I love reading your posts about your little girls! You always find a way to add some humor to your posts. :smile:

@HEGoddard0928 I'm glad to hear you had a better day at work. :) Having a boss who wants to check in with you about how things are going is so important. I like your idea about the notebook to keep track of those odds and ends tasks you get at work. I'm a list person too...love my lists!! haha

@pridesabtch I understand, I have days when I feel alone too...I'm finding that coming on here helps me feel like I'm not alone. You have friends here that care about you.
    Good luck to your daughter on her scholarship! I had my husband do the initial teaching when both our boys were learning to drive...my nerves couldn't take it! lol After they had the basics down, THEN I drove with them. :smile:

@Snowflake1968 I'm sorry to hear your sink drain is still frozen...hope you have luck with it soon!! I'll be SO glad when Spring comes!
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    02/12/2021
    - up at 7:30✅ Yes. But I dozed on the couch for a half an hour before I had to hop in the shower. Thank God for phone alarms. Lol
    - breakfast!✅ Just a banana and a cup of coffee but at least it was something! I had some hunger pangs around 11ish but I think that was more thirst bc they went away eventually. I think after I downed a half a bottle of water. Lol
    work 9-2✅
    - drop off cable box✅
    - mail bills✅
    - hardboil eggs✅
    - dishwasher✅
    - clean kitchen counters❌I can't seem to make myself do this! It'll take at most 10 minutes! I think it's the fact that I have to shift all of the appliances to the kitchen table, scrub it clean, and then shift everything back. It's really not difficult. I'm just beng lazy!
    - 2 loads of laundry✅
    - mini habits✅
    - salad w/ chix for dinner✅
    - bath/read✅/❌I did take a bath and it was very nice but I didn't read while in it. Instead I scrolled through my MFP feed and creeped on my friends food diaries. Lol.

Ended up going into work at 5 this morning bc we were going to have a director walk and my manager wanted us to get a head start on the truck. It was all put away by 8:30. It was a big truck too! But today was another great day! I did curbside most of the day. Nice and simple. And pretty mindless. Which is exactly what I like.

I ended up going to bed at 8 last night. Lol. I journaled for about 20 minutes and then turned everything off and slept. I actually woke up a few minutes early and just laid in bed, cuddling with Matt. But I actually got up with no trouble. It was nice. Lol.

I have a bunch of things I want to do today but I have a feeling I'll be pushing at least a few of them onto my day off tomorrow. Lol.

Enoug nonsense. Lol.

02/132021
    - up at 4✅
    - work 5-1✅
    - eat breakfast!✅1.5 cups of coffee, banana, hard boiled egg.
    - JFT✅
    - put laundry in dryer
    - mini habits
    - fold clothes
    - make shopping list
    - CLEAN OFF THE DAMN COUNTERS!
    - put bag in bathroom
    - baked chicken & veggies for dinner
    - log all my food
    - read 3 articles
    - read
  • Thanis90
    Thanis90 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thanis90 wrote: »
    Hi I'm new to the thread and I'm starting my journey again after having my baby, it only took me 6 months to get the motivation back 🙈

I was looking for friends on similar journeys and came across this thread and I'd like to participate!

Starting weight was 322lbs... I'm currently 288lbs and ideally my goal weight is 170lbs but I'd be happy right now at 220lbs so that's my first goal and then I'll reassess.

My motivation for losing weight is my family. I want to have a sibling or two for my daughter and it took us 3 years to have her due to PCOS & my weight. My pregnancy was also very difficult due to my weight and I couldn't have the water birth I wanted due to it either. I want next time to be different! I also want to lug about less weight so I can be more active with my daughter and not so tired all the time.

My ultimate goal is to be a good role model for my daughter and eating chocolate, crisps and drinking cans of pop in secret when she's napping isn't helping me do that. I also want to be a better housewife and have energy to do all the jobs I've been putting off. A clean house always gives me good vibes and while I don't live in a dirty home, it could definitely be cleaner and a bit less cluttered!

Just for today!
    Drink 2+ litres of water (I find I snack less when hydrated)
    Dance workout with my daughter in the door bouncer (she loves it!)
    Eat 3 meals and ONLY planned snacks!
    Get a few loads of laundry done.
    Pray.

Check in with you guys later!

Khadijah~

@Snowflake1968 @sarah74_vt - thanks for the welcome XX

Just for today!
    (13/02/21)
    Drink 2+ litres of water (I find I snack less when hydrated)❌
    Dance workout with my daughter in the door bouncer (she loves it!)✅
    Eat 3 meals and ONLY planned snacks!❌
    Get a few loads of laundry done.✅
    Pray. ❌

Yesterday wasn't great, but today is a new day! I love this concept.

Just for today!
    (14/02/21)
    Drink 2+ litres of water.
    Go for a walk (hopefully it's not too icy!)
    Eat 3 meals and ONLY planned snacks!
    Groceries.
    Pray!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Saturday 13 February

Log 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    5 fruit and veg 😊
    Water 😊
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊
    Weigh 😊 trend ↔️ 😡

Homemade pizza for dinner tonight 😊 I bought myself one of those special trays with holes in and it make such a difference to the base. There’s no local takeaway and the supermarket pizza was not good so, if I want pizza, I have to make it myself!

• ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Sunday 14 February

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh 😊 trend ⬇️ 😊

• WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    [Good day on Saturday, on all fronts

For Saturday, new day. New opportunity.

-I'm grateful for the self discipline I do have. Was off the rails yesterday but did get on the treadmill and stuck with my 6:00 cut off for eating. I know I can do this, just have to keep choosing to do so.
    -1800 calories: 1584
    -Eat between 8 and 6: Done. The 6:00 cut off has worked well for me.
    -Work out for 90 minutes, make it happen: 96 minutes including a very solid 57 minute, 2.48 mile treadmill walk
    -Eat dinner at the table: Early but nice dinner unplugged
    -Invest 15 minutes on personal development:Done while working out. Health Habits; 10 Daily Habits that Changed my Life. Familiar territory and a solid 10 but my take away is that having habits matters more than what they are.
    -Invest 15 minutes on professional development, pay attention: Revisited the first half of HBR #738 on Digital Transformation. Good stuff
    -Invest 30 minutes on home duties: More than done with keeping up with my stuff, stocking the pantry/fridge and finishing taxes. Sign and mail and I'm done.

For Sunday, finish the week strong and salvage my calorie average.

-I'm grateful for many influences but going to revisit Mel Robbins. Getting what you want is simple, it's not easy. Her point resonates with me as I can't behave like I've made it if I want to reach a healthier state. I can be kind to myself if I fall short of my objectives but getting healthier isn't easy and I have to make the sacrifices.
    -1800 calories would put me above my goal of 1900, above my threshold of 2000 but improve upon the prior week.
    -Work out for 90 minutes. Make it happen:
    -Invest 15 minutes in personal development:
    -Invest 15 minutes in professional development:
    -Invest 30 minutes on home duties:

• MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    Happy Saturday!! :wink:

Thank you all for the kind words!!

Lol, my to-do list is still pretty crazy but I've learned a more manageable way to accomplish things. I have to make every hour of my 24 hrs work for me and not against me, make every hour count. :blush:

JFT 2/13/21:

✔Enjoy my coffee time
    ✔Organize and manage Saturday chores
    ✖Finish Chem 3108 reports
    ✖Begin Chem 3201 reports
    ✖Exercise: Yoga and Elliptical
    ✔Enjoy dinner time with my family
    ✖Stay positive

Have a blessed day everyone!! :blush:

Stress and anxiety creeped in and stole my day yesterday!!! So I'm brushing the failure of yesterday off and trying again.

JFT 2/14/21:

Enjoy my coffee time
    Finish Chem 3108 reports
    Begin Chem 3201 reports
    Exercise: Yoga and Elliptical
    Enjoy dinner time with my family
    Stay positive

:heart: Happy Valentine's Day :heart:
  • sarah74_vt
    Options
    JFY 2/13/21
    1. Log ALL my food for the day :) (Logged it all but it was NOT pretty!)
    2. Drink more water :| (Again, could have done better)
    3. NO diet coke B) (I was tempted to get a Diet Coke with my dinner, but I didn't)
    4. Don't snack after 8pm :/ (Couldn't resist the cupcakes in the kitchen.)

JFT 2/14/21
    2. Stay within my calorie range
    2. Drink 40 oz or more of water
    3. NO diet coke
    4. Don't snack after 8pm

Happy Valentine's Day!
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Sunday 14 February

Log 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    5 fruit and veg 😊
    Water 😊
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊
    Weigh 😊 trend ⬇️ 😊

• ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Monday 15 February

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh 😊 trend ↔️
  • Thanis90
    Thanis90 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Just for today! (14/02/21)
    Drink 2+ litres of water. ❌
    Go for a walk (hopefully it's not too icy!) ❓
    Eat 3 meals and ONLY planned snacks! ❓
    Groceries. ✅
    Pray! ✅

Does a walk around the supermarket for an hour so your daughter will actually take a nap in the stroller count as a walk?!
    It was Valentine's Day, didn't account for that so had extra chocolates but didn't have my planned snacks 🤷🏻‍♀️
    I need to up my water game 🤦🏻‍♀️ in determined to do it today!

Hope you all had a lovely Valentine's Day!

Just for today! (15/02/21)
    Drink 2+ litres of water.
    Go for a walk.
    Eat 3 meals and ONLY planned snacks.
    Hoover.
    Pray.
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Meh. Up 1.4# for the week. Happy I stuck with my exercise commitments and eating 8 to 6 but have to get the calories in line

For Sunday, finish the week strong and salvage my calorie average.

-I'm grateful for many influences but going to revisit Mel Robbins. Getting what you want is simple, it's not easy. Her point resonates with me as I can't behave like I've made it if I want to reach a healthier state. I can be kind to myself if I fall short of my objectives but getting healthier isn't easy and I have to make the sacrifices.
    -1800 calories would put me above my goal of 1900, above my threshold of 2000 but improve upon the prior week: Triple meh. 3968 for the day, averaged 2356 for the week. Exercise will not out run my calories. Those 350 to 450 extra calories a day add up and make a material difference in the achievement of my goals. My self imposed standard of eating 8 to 6 kept things from getting worth.
    -Work out for 90 minutes. Make it happen: 94 minutes including a 55 minute, 2.43 mile treadmill walk. For the week I worked out for a total of 9 hours and 3 minutes including 3840# of weights, 510 crunches, 102 push ups and 204 crunches
    -Invest 15 minutes in personal development: Done with a video How to Stay Incredibly Consistent - The Art of Improvement. Presenter believes the key is to outsource your accountability to others
    -Invest 15 minutes in professional development: Finished HBR Ideacast #739 on Digital transformation. Need to read the full paper
    -Invest 30 minutes on home duties: Nope but kept up with my stuff

For Monday, new day and new week.

-I'm grateful for my health, that I have the option of making the changes I need to improve my wellness. I restarted MFP on 01.01.2020 and have a 412 day streak of accurately logging my exercise and calories. Even the bad days.
    -1900 calories:
    -Work out for 90 minutes, find the time in a busy day:
    -Invest 15 minutes in personal development:
    -Invest 30 minutes in professional development:
    -Invest 30 minutes on home duties:
    -Eat dinner at the table:
    -Revisit my commitments in the late afternoon:

• sarah74_vt
    Options
    JFy 2/14/21
    1. Log ALL my food for the day :)
    2. Stay within my calorie range :/ (This one will be a struggle for me, but I'll get there!!)
    2. Drink 40 oz or more of water :/ (30 oz)
    3. NO diet coke :) (Went out to lunch with my hubby and just had water.)
    4. Don't snack after 8pm :/ (It was a rough night snacking for me.)

JFT 2/15/21
    2. Stay within my calorie range
    2. Drink 40 oz or more of water
    3. NO diet coke
    4. Don't snack after 8pm

@Thanis90 Walking around the grocery store definitely counts as walking. I generally count is as "walking at a leisurely pace". I hear you about the water...I have such a hard time drinking the amount of water I should be.

@WellingTX 412 day streak!?! That's great! And congrats on doing the 8 to 6 eating schedule...I've been trying to fast in the morning and stop eating at 8pm. I haven't fully succeeded at it yet, but that's my daily plan anyway. LOL

@ZizzyBumble Wow, great day yesterday!!

@HEGoddard0928 I'm sorry to hear about Matt's back...hope he feels better soon!

@Snowflake1968 I'm glad you found such a good deal on a replacement sink, AND got to spend some time with your granddaughter. :smile:

@SweatsonSunday Hope you had success, but if it didn't go as planned, today is a new day.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    JFT 2/15 M ~ Federal holiday & hubby will be home when I get off work. Yay!
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors)
    2) Net cal zero / 14c water
    3) Work in office: AJNH / Facebook Live 12:00 / keep emails current
    4) Wish niece happy bday / prep lunch, snack, water bottle & overnight oats / presses / meditation app
    5) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / early alarm (workout before work)

Struggling to walk treadmill or x-train in chilly basement during this frigid spell. I'm tired of continuous wind chill warnings. Walking across parking lot this morning to work was harsh. Temps are finally supposed to reach near normal (30F for high) later this week. Will be such a relief. Thanks for putting up with my morning whine.

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and continuing to log / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings