Fitbit exercise goals
    Weigh 😊 trend ↔️
  • sarah74_vt
    sarah74_vt Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    JFY 2/17/21
    1. Log ALL my food for the day :)
    2. Stay within my calorie range :)
    2. Drink 40 oz or more of water :) (50 oz)
    3. NO diet coke :)
    4. Don't snack after 8pm :)

Finally had a successful day...my knee was feeling better after whacking it on the ice last week during a walk, so I decided to try walking my road again. There were still a few icy spots, but not as bad as before...I just had to watch my footing. It felt good to get outside again!

JFT 2/18/21
    1. Log ALL my food for the day
    2. Stay within my calorie range
    2. Drink 40 oz or more of water
    3. NO diet coke
    4. Don't snack after 8pm
    5. Go for a walk
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday 2/18/21:

✅AM Yoga 45 min session
    Enjoy coffee time
    Self-care
    Attend class virtually
    Review recorded lecture ×2
    Finish Chem 3308 HW, 2.22-1
    Enjoy my children's personalities
    Be kind and patient
    Elliptical 30 min session
    Make Dinner (no plan yet, we'll see what unfolds)
    Relax in the evening
    Stay in green on calorie log!!!!!

Have a blessed day my friends!! 🌷
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,734 Member
    Options
    JFT - Wednesday Feb 17
    Scale 201.2
    1L of Water - >:)
    Log all Food - >:)

JFT - Thursday Feb 18
    Scale 201.6
    1L of Water
    Log all Food

I didn't do anything yesterday except get through the day. I was in so much pain again. I did my exercises and put ice on my hip and heat on my back, it didn't work. I finally last night had Rodger hook up the Dr. Ho I have to see if it would help and it did. I should have tried it earlier.

@wowisforstuds1238 - Welcome. I like your goal right now of just to lose. That's what I need to do.

@HEGoddard0928 - I'm glad that Matt is getting some help. Businesses that have websites should keep them up, they never know when someone is wanting information.

@mytime6630 - You mentioning hiding under a coat is how I was feeling this morning. I have absolutely decided I am not buying bigger clothes again and the ones I have are all uncomfortable. Nothing fits and it all looks bad.

@Thanis90 - Just read along when you can, no pressure. Also, a 3 HOUR walk! I don't know if I could walk a 1/2 hour right now. I used to walk 5K a day, my goal is to be well enough to start that again by mid March when hopefully the ice is cleared from the sidewalks.

@WellingTX - It's so nice to read about neighbours helping your parents. What a great thing to do.

@clicketykeys - That tax information for unemployment insurance sounds like it will be a headache for you to sort out. In my experience, anytime the government is involved it's a headache.

@sarah74_vt - Happy you were able to get out for a walk, I miss walking.

Off to work I go.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,477 Member
    Options
    @Thanis90 No need to comment to others here, if you don't have the time. Just keep reading & posting. I don't take time to comment often myself, sometimes I don't really know how to respond. But I always read all the posts, to keep up with my JFT family. Today I work from home so sneaking comment time in.

@wowisforstuds1238 Welcome! JFT is a wonderful group for support and accountability.

@WellingTX Wonderful that neighbors check on your parents so regularly. My parents (mid-80s) live 90 miles away from me, but my 3 brothers live in/near their small town and check in regularly. My parents still live in the house I grew up in, and they've become the old folks of the neighborhood. New-ish neighbors have kind of adopted my folks and several bring over food for no reason either. Although my dad is a great cook, it's nice of the neighbors.

@sarah74_vt So glad you can get out walking again, but be careful. Our neighborhood was visited yesterday by a snow grader & plow, so now the snow left on the roads is really compacted. I could see the shine of ice in sections, so I will not be walking outside just yet.

@TerriRichardson112 Good to know it's never too late. I started MFP in late 2015 but didn't get serious until early 2017. Finding JFT at that time was what really helped me. I haven't reached UGW (maybe never will) but I'm definitely better now than back then. You inspire me!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,477 Member
    Options
    Recap 2/17 Ash Wednesday
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks (3 floors) :smiley: 12/14 & 10k
    2) Net cals zero / 14c water :s Snacking was out of control! Net cals -566 & 13c
    3) Pack for work at home / drop off mail on way home = 2/2
    4) 7:00 church :smiley:
    5) X-train after church? Any chore in evening is good = 1/2
    6) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / RETAINERS / Voltaren / 7:00 alarm (treadmill before work) = 5/5

JFT 2/18 R
    1) Treadmill before work :mrgreen: 3.22 miles
    2) Move hourly
    3) Work at home: AJNH / webinar 2:00 (pace) / PRO s/s training comments
    4) Chores: boil eggs / laundry / fill/run dishwasher / at least 1 other thing on list
    5) Meditation app / unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / Voltaren / 7:15 alarm (treadmill before work)

Leaving work yesterday, I looked at temp gauge on car and was so happy to see two digits, and the first was a 2. I didn't even care that the 2nd digit was zero. at least temp was not a single digit or negative, like the past two weeks. Even my car knew it was warmer bc the "tire pressure system" light turned off halfway home. That light had been on for 10 days straight due to bitter cold. At work & church yesterday, people I talked with seemed a bit brighter. During Wisconsin winters, we learn to appreciate the small stuff. Even dog lingered longer in our backyard last night & this morning.

2021 Goals:
    1) Weight 150#
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I peek occasionally other days. My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP every month end ~ remember this year! ~ 1.31.21
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race or challenge events even if virtual ~ started MapMyWalk You Vs. Year 1021K on Jan. 1 / virtual 50 Mile Frenzy 11.27.20 - 1.15.21 (replaced Frenzy on the Fox for Jan. 2021) 50.37 miles 12.17.20 and continuing to log / Tour de Northeast WI virtual challenge: cover distance from Oshkosh to Gills Rock (139 miles) 1.1.21 - 3.31.21
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together ~ excellent goal last year that should be repeated
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states) ~ had this goal in 2020 and how ironic
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office and basement ~ made good progress in 2020 & want to keep it up
    Word for 2021: Gratitude ~ be mindful of & appreciate my many blessings
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,071 Member
    Options
    @HealthyTrent Hey not seen you post for a while! Hope we've not lost you!

It's hard to keep track of everyone sometimes lol

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,199 Member
    edited February 2021
    Options
    Thanis90 wrote: »

Hope you're all well. I struggle to find time to do this check in at the best of times, so I feel like I'm not part of the conversation cause I don't have time to catch up 😬🙈sorry!

Many of us do not have the time to respond to the posts .. myself including. I work from home, so I get on in the evenings, but by then, I am so tired. So we all understand ... but to me, even just briefly reading others posts and goals helps me with my own. You don't have to respond to be a part of this wonderful group! You don't know when your post will help someone else succeed their goals. We are all struggling, and we encourage each other just by showing up and posting... and not giving up! You are doing great!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Just starting to follow you’re thread. Looking for daily motivation and support. 38 male from Texas currently 218 after 2 weeks of strict diet and exercise down 13 pounds from 234 when I started. Disabled Vet/ Severe PTSD survivor. Biggest was 254. And my long term goal is 180. Short term is just to lose weight and feel better about myself so any support and motivation is welcome. I truly want to succeed this time around and turn my life around. Thanks everyone!!!

Welcome to a great group of supporters! We are all here for each other ... and hope to see you posting often! YOU can do this!
  • mytime6630
    Options
    sarah74_vt wrote: »
    JFY 2/17/21

Finally had a successful day...my knee was feeling better after whacking it on the ice last week during a walk, so I decided to try walking my road again. There were still a few icy spots, but not as bad as before...I just had to watch my footing. It felt good to get outside again!

I miss walking so much ... hoping to get out soon! Our roads are still pretty icy, so I may have to wait a day... but ... next week highs in the 50s!! Great you are getting out walking again ... but avoid the icy spots and stay safe!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Thanis90 wrote: »

Hope you're all well. I struggle to find time to do this check in at the best of times, so I feel like I'm not part of the conversation cause I don't have time to catch up 😬🙈sorry!

You don't have to apologise! Sometimes there's numerous different conversations going on at once lol!
    Just comment whenever you can if you want to but don't feel left out if you don't have the time :) it's nice seeing you post goals and achieve them

Im just one of them who has too much time on my hands and pretty much on here most the day because I use the phone app lol so I comment quite a lot lol
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    - dishwasher✅
    - finish laundry❌
    - fold clothes❌
    - clean kitchen floor❌
    - clean off counters(bc I still haven't done that...)❌🤣😭
    - weigh in✅187.8
    - clean bathroom floor✅
    - cook dinner✅Does cooking a frozen pizza count? Lol
    - bank❌
    - look at paystubs✅
    - read❌
    - edit 1 page✅More like5 which I am incredibly proud of!

So other than the update that I posted last night not much has changed. We're in the middle of a really heavy snow storm. Matt was supposed to have an allergy skin prick test done today but when I called the office to see whether it was still on or not I got the answering machine that said the office was closed. So I guess I have to call back tomorrow and reschedule it. Le sigh. But at least now we don't have to go anywhere.

I'm going to spend the rest of the day editing, reading, and cleaning. It's going to be a nice quiet day.

My manager called me this morning and said that I don't have to be in until 7 tomorrow, which is an hour later then usual. Bc we're opening an hour later. Probably to let the roads melt and make the travel to the store less treacherous.

So here are my goals for the day. Some are a repeat from yesterday though. Lol

02/18/21
    - JFT✅
    - finish laundry
    - fold clothes(will listen to a book while doing this)
    - clean kitchen floor
    - clean off counters
    - unload/load/run dishwasher✅
    - read some kind of fiction
    - edit 1 page
    - shower
    - cook dinner
    - log all my food
    - bed by 9:30
  • mytime6630
    Options
    2je5mnt2q1lm.jpeg

It is more than a number on the scale .. it is about feeling better, eating healthy, all those things that do not show up as just a number on the scale. Healthy eating will eventually lead to a healthy weight. I have to keep telling myself this everyday.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

JFT Thurs

- Take meds ✔️
    - Pots. ❌
    - Finish the washing and drying and start getting stuff away.✔️
    - Go to my eye appointment this afternoon.❌
    - General House clean. And tidy up.✔️

- Don't pig out like I did last night... This is yet to be completed, but it's reminded me to not get loads of snacks tonight

So today didn't go to plan, the washing and general house cleaning was done by Ash because I slept most the afternoon!
    I was just having a day, where I felt completely incapable of anything. I couldn't get to my eye appt, talked myself out of that and then after govi g the kids lunch that was it, couldn't do a thing more. So I just went and slept
    Ash came in the room a few hours later with coffee and dinner! I love him :)

Im glad he realised I was having and off day and just left me to it and did things round the house, and he did dinner for everyone :)
    So that cheered me up.

I just feel strange today. Its a side affect of new meds so I'll be okay in a few days once I adjust.

*Memo for morning* Must ring doctor or I'll run out of my other meds on the weekend.

Night everyone!
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Solid day on Thursday

For Thursday, build on the good day Wednesday.

-I'm grateful for the many family and friends in my life. Today it's for the couple that live across the street from my parents. They check at least once a day and genuinely care about my parents. They feed them two to three times a week, just because.
    -1900 calories. This goal means something: 1850. My commitment kept me from going over
    -Work out for 90 minutes: 97 minutes including an easy paced 58 minute, 2.48 mile treadmill walk
    -Invest 15 minutes in personal development: Done with a YouTube video: The Elite 2% Andy Frisella. Vulgar but impactful. The presentation was focused on professional success but drew parallels to health and all areas of personal development. At heart the case is made that when there's a significant goal or objective at stake, 70% give up immediately as there's not a true driver to make the change. See gyms in January versus April as an example. From there, 20% give up when they encounter a crisis or hurdle. They let life derail them, using the event as an excuse to set aside the mission. From there 8% lose focus once they've achieved some level of success. The mundane nature of the new norm, losing the spark causes them to backslide. The final 2% are those that remain committed through it all and neve lose their fire. Are focused every day. For my personal wellness journey I've fallen short at all stages but the most frustrating are at that 8% level. Hitting some level of success and then feeling like I have made it, no longer need to put forth the effort or focus, causes me to slide backwards.
    -Invest 15 minutes on professional development: First half of HBR Ideacast #717 with Horst Schulze, cofounder of the Ritz Carlton hotel chain.
    -Invest 30 minutes on household duties: More than done with keeping up with my stuff and snow shoveling
    -Eat dinner at the table and don't snack on the couch: Meh but kept my calories in line
    -Eat between 8 and 6: Done
    -Revisit my commitments in the late afternoon: Nope but they were on my mind

For Friday, keep building on my good days. The scale is improving.

-I'm grateful for the many advances in technology but today it's for the miracle of cell phones and no charge long distance. I'm old enough to remember having to think twice about making that call. The ability to stay connected with family and friends without concern for cost is something I take for granted.
    -1900 calories. Dangerous day ahead, stay focused:
    -Work out for 50 minutes:
    -Invest 15 minutes on professional development:
    -Invest 30 minutes on household duties:
    -Eat dinner at the table and don't snack on the couch:
    -Eat between 8 and 6:
    -Revisit my commitments late in the afternoon:

• clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Friday
    1. 1 set of lifts. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Post class plan right away on screen AND on site.
    2. Pit Crew: God only knows. Maybe a mental health check in?
    3. Classes: NRI Unit 3. Challenge book. Research essay
    4. Planning: FANFIC? Lunges. Chapters 4-5 P&P. Review video 1 to create transcript. Call dentist to check on meds; set up appointments. GRADE LATE WORK.
    5. Lunch: Saag. Write postcards. Run after school?
    6. Afternoon: Philosophy of ed.
    7. Evening: S&F 4. Dinner: Soup. Breathe. Set 2 of lifts. Address postcards.
    8. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water! Chop celery and pack lunch. Set out clothes for tomorrow. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Shower. Review papers by desk. File or trash.
    10. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: crunches, push-ups, squats, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Wed book group. MH Monday check-in; Tough Question Tuesday; Whatever Wednesday AMA; Thankful Thursday. Indochino suit fitting - Atlanta or Nashville?

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of 2020: 187.4
    Today: 193.2

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie), Hood Feminism (Mikki Kendall).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri. Unit plan for research (Idea for regular: comparing same story on sites with different biases).
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals.
    6. Medical: Dentist call to schedule cleaning – March? ObG schedule for April. Schedule PCP for May.
    7. Theater: Little Princess.
    8. House: Siding. Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Book group. Dinners?
    12. Writing: Blog post: Running, Racism and Rum: Learning to Handle Discomfort. Fanfic: Create a scene list for the Batgirl story. Finish the cafe scene for the Titans story. Open Wordpress in Safari.
    13. Lifting: 15 squats, 15 deadlifts, 10 shoulder presses, 15 arm raises, 15 pushups, 30 crunches, 15 side lifts, 15 back kicks, horse stance for 5 breaths.
    14. Other: Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Update standards on board. When to change bulletin board?

WFTY: Persistence. No delay. Gonna pick up munchkin tonight.
    Reminder: Last year's WFTY was progress, and I am ... actually, I was going to say content, but it's more than that. I'm proud of myself, and I'm pleased with the progress that I made. Even without the challenges throughout the year, I accomplished things that I should be proud of; and given those challenges, I'm even happier about what I was able to do.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »

JFT, THurs
    1. log all food :)
    2. concentrate on water :) I am getting a little better with water since I cut down on the diet coke. Drinking more water instead
    3. only 1 diet coke :)
    4. mindful eating :) And mindful grocery shopping!! I had to go and pick up hubby prescriptions, so while there, figured I would get some groceries. I walked out of the store .. buying NO ice cream, NO chips, nothing that I knew I would overeat on. I did get a bag of pretzels though
    5. 5 fruits & veggies :)
    6. remember long term goals. ... 15 pounds to get back to my 1st goal weight of 178. I can do this ... I did it before. Consistency, and not giving up. :)

JFT, Friday - weigh in day
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. only 1 diet coke
    4. mindful eating
    5. 5 fruits & veggies
    6. remember the feeling of having my clothes fit, being able to walk and do physical garden work, and not get out of breath, having more confidence .. so many reasons to eat healthy.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    JFT Friday

- Meds ✔️
    - POTS (Do this before 12!)
    - Ring Dr at 12 for afternoon appt.
    - Tidy girls room
    - Make a start on putting the washing away (pretty sure Ash is helping with this too)
    - Clean inside of fridge
    - Reorganise freezer (and make shopping list for things we need)

- Try the FitOn app I've got

For those interested it's an app with looooads of free workouts, there is in-app purchases so I think you could unlock more features but they have so much that is free :) I haven't used it properly myself, just browsed the app, so i can let you all know if it's good :)