Suits

Replies

• twitchandshout
    twitchandshout Posts: 1,591 Member
    5ofseven wrote: »
    j18953wmhwlf.jpg

It's been fun to visit with you all again, but it's time to meander on down the road. If I suit up, I die, so consider this my parting gift for @Kashmir_314_ - think of me fondly, @kinetixtrainer2 and @Deadman_Diggingup, may you always be the best and worst couple in mfp history. Bye again, @CacoEther, smell ya later.

A niece and her fiancee died together unexpectedly in a car crash a couple of weeks ago - they were to be married in March. I put on a suit for their memorials, despite it being live streamed - thanks to covid we sent only one person back home. I tried to smile and take a picture, but even that kind of failed. So nobody saw, but it was the right thing to do, I think. Sometimes suits are old fashioned, sometimes they are things just older guys wear. Sometimes you're the old guy wearing a suit that (almost) nobody will see. Whether it's age or respect or just looking good, there's a million reasons it might be appropriate, and maybe after all of this is over it'll somehow come into fashion again.

I’m sorry for your loss
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,062 Member
    j18953wmhwlf.jpg

It's been fun to visit with you all again, but it's time to meander on down the road. If I suit up, I die, so consider this my parting gift for @Kashmir_314_ - think of me fondly, @kinetixtrainer2 and @Deadman_Diggingup, may you always be the best and worst couple in mfp history. Bye again, @CacoEther, smell ya later.

A niece and her fiancee died together unexpectedly in a car crash a couple of weeks ago - they were to be married in March. I put on a suit for their memorials, despite it being live streamed - thanks to covid we sent only one person back home. I tried to smile and take a picture, but even that kind of failed. So nobody saw, but it was the right thing to do, I think. Sometimes suits are old fashioned, sometimes they are things just older guys wear. Sometimes you're the old guy wearing a suit that (almost) nobody will see. Whether it's age or respect or just looking good, there's a million reasons it might be appropriate, and maybe after all of this is over it'll somehow come into fashion again.

Great respect my friend. I hate your family had to experience that loss.
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    j18953wmhwlf.jpg

I’m so very sorry for the tragedy that led to you wearing the suit 🙏🏻

I do appreciate the insight on the fashion though and find it an interesting point that likely applies to many things these days 🖤
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Glad we got to "see" you again @5ofseven. My how you've sartorially blessed this thread so many times (I may have counted 'em all). But this pic posting is a sad one. Hope we see you again soon when you're readdy and that you and your family continue loving on one another in the meantime.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Glad we got to "see" you again @5ofseven. My how you've sartorially blessed this thread so many times (I may have counted 'em all). But this pic posting is a sad one. Hope we see you again soon when you're readdy and that you and your family continue loving on one another in the meantime.

He’s definitely a man who delivers. 🤩
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    @Danw586 great to see you with the mask off. You and @shawnfxp made great contributions. Thanks to @MelG7777 for her bumps. May she be sainted one fine day 🙏🏾
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    j18953wmhwlf.jpg

A niece and her fiancee died together unexpectedly in a car crash a couple of weeks ago - they were to be married in March. I put on a suit for their memorials, despite it being live streamed - thanks to covid we sent only one person back home. I tried to smile and take a picture, but even that kind of failed. So nobody saw, but it was the right thing to do, I think. Sometimes suits are old fashioned, sometimes they are things just older guys wear. Sometimes you're the old guy wearing a suit that (almost) nobody will see. Whether it's age or respect for others or just looking good, there's a million reasons it might be appropriate, and maybe after all of this is over it'll somehow come into fashion again.

Aww dude... I didn’t even know it was you and you’re leaving. That legitimately makes me unhappy. Also, I am so very sorry for the loss to you and your family.

Not to worry, we're linked on instagram, and I'm more active there. Sorry I had to keep things quiet, they don't like me doing things like deleting accounts and posting as a ghost. :bigsmile:

Thank you all for the condolences.

I'm so sorry for your loss, such a tragedy. :( Take care of yourself.
  • 5ofseven
    5ofseven Posts: 791 Member
    edited February 2021
    Furthermore, NO ONE wears a suit or knows a suit like my man @5ofseven !

Dude, now everyone knows I am a man. Way to let that news out. Shush now. <3
  • Danw586
    Danw586 Posts: 237 Member
    Danw586 wrote: »
    tdrpb872m17n.png

I haven’t had to travel at all for work since Covid started so I haven’t even thought about how a mask would mess up my look 🤣 I’m sure you rock it though ♥️

Lucky! Although working from home gets old fast too.

You could pull off the mask look.
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member

Dude, now everyone knows I am a man. Way to let that news out. Shush now. <3

Oh my gawd :o What have I done???
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member

+1

But my scrubs are kinda hot 😂

Agreed.
  • 5ofseven
    5ofseven Posts: 791 Member
    edited February 2021
    4ae7rzazw7qj.jpg
    A much better cut and fit for him.

Same thing happening here. Lovely suit, nice big pattern on a big guy, massive lapels on a muscular frame. That's all very good. Jacket just a couple of inches too long and the break of fabric at the ankles is a bit too heavy.