Once I become a happier, healthy me, it’s over for you b*tches..

koda_102
koda_102 Posts: 21 Member
edited February 2021 in Health and Weight Loss
What are your reasons for losing weight? Ten year high school reunion? Proving an ex-spouse wrong? Someone told you you can’t? Never been fit? Trying something new? Missing the skinny days? Struggling to put your socks on? Want to feel sexy?

Tell me what made it just click for you.

Replies

• jenpettipas
    jenpettipas Posts: 37 Member
    How about all of the above!? Ugh!!
  • 7rainbow
    7rainbow Posts: 161 Member
    For me...
    -To fit in my clothes again
    -To feel confident again
    -To love my myself again
    -To hear "omg you could be a model!" again
    -To leave the house in whatever I want without being self conscious again
  • nookicky
    nookicky Posts: 16 Member
    I want to feel more at ease in my body. I miss what I could do when I was more fit. I felt like I could do anything! I want that back.
    I've also noticed that since I gained weight, I've stopped being treated as capable, I no longer have people expressing interest in me, and I don't get cast in as many roles as I used to in plays, shorts, etc. So it's also that. But mostly for myself and how I feel in my body.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    I just wanted to shop comfortably again. I felt like nothing ever fit right or looked halfway decent. And I wanted to feel comfortable in my own skin without feeling the paranoia that everyone must be looking because I felt so huge. And yeh, of course to feel healthier, be able to breathe again going upstairs or for walks.
  • bubus05
    bubus05 Posts: 121 Member
    H.e.l.l. sex got definitely better, I feel like an acrobat again, LOL.
  • Jennliftsandspins
    Jennliftsandspins Posts: 150 Member
    I want to live not just a long life but a vital, healthy life. I want to be able to stay active with my husband well into our retirement years.

I look at my parents and husband’s mom who never exercised and didn’t know much about nutrition and how they struggle with physical mobility and I won’t let that be me.

I also want to look and feel my best.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    This thread title! 🤣 Really it's an internalized thing for me: conquering demons 'n all that.

What someone (other than people on my healthcare team) thinks about my body is not much of my concern.

• Poobah1972
    Poobah1972 Posts: 943 Member
    edited February 2021
    I was suppose to get married last September.. Unfortunately Covid made that impossible. Well impossible cause my fiance and I want to do it right, and have a proper party afterward. We've never been married before and if you combine our ages this marriage has literally been over 100 years in the making. So yeah it's worth a celebration.

In 2019 we were pretty successfully losing weight together (low carbing again)... But between Christmas 2019 and then Covid we definately fell off the tracks through 2020. I must say my habits were better then in the past, so my starting point this January was better then last. But were both back to being focused and concentrating on life long changes, and it would also be big bonus to rock a suit at the wedding and fit in that beautiful wedding dress. Lol

However if my fiance keeps doing as well as she is now, she may need a complete new dress, or a very talented seamstress. :D

For the real Low-Carb bread that cooks, smells and tastes like bread... Click.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10825652/best-low-carb-bread-no-flour-was-used
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    The quicker I learned to do it for me and use internal motivation vs. some external factor like looking good for a certain event, to get revenge, etc., is when weight loss became much easier for me. Yeah, there was some external motivation like looking better in a swimsuit, but when I focused on doing it for myself and my health, that external pressure was off.
  • jennacole12
    jennacole12 Posts: 1,167 Member
    I was always hiding behind my children in pictures.... I was so sick of trying to scrunch up behind them. I wanted to be in pictures with them happy, not scared and worried of what the picture would look like. I wanted them to look back at the pics one day and remember the moments where mommy was 100% focused on them and not busy trying to hide her belly with shame in her eyes.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    i dont feel the need to prove anything or do anything for others. I simply don't care what people think of me.

The choices I made were based on my own personal health goals and not wanting to have a heart attack and stroke as my ex did, all by the time he was 40.
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    For me, it’s about making sure that as I age I do so as independently and healthily as possible.

I don’t want to be limited in what I can do and live for years as a burden on my children by developing life limiting disease or health conditions.

I’ve never been more than half way into the overweight BMI category, but still, now approaching 60 I’m really determined that I’ll remain towards the bottom of a healthy BMI range to give my heart, lungs and joints every chance to age well. 👵🏻