JUST FOR TODAY -- Daily Commitment Thread for 2021

Replies

• jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    edited February 2021
    So great to hear everyone talking about the wonderful weather they're having! I ended up getting sick of winter two weeks ago and put out all of my spring decorations. I needed it! Nice to see the weather starting to catch up. Tomorrow will mark 1 week of healthy habits for me. I'm going to do an intentional treat meal, and hopefully stay within my goals. Happy weekend everyone! Nice to see all the amazing successes :)

JFT Friday:
    Red Cup Challenge! 80 oz water ✅
    stay in the green ✅
    meet all serving recommendations for 5 food groups ✅
    30 minutes exercise ✅
    screens off 8:30 ✅
    track food, exercise, water and post on JFT ✅

JFT Saturday:
    80 oz water
    stay in the green
    meet all serving recommendations for 5 food groups
    30 minutes exercise
    screens off 8:30
    track food, exercise, water and post on JFT

@MLHC1 Nice successes yesterday! look at all those checks!
    @Snowflake1968 Nice work with all those smileys!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,689 Member
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Birthday girl for all the honorary aunts!
    e3kvgvch50yt.jpg

Happy Birthday! She’s 3 now?
  • Thanis90
    Thanis90 Posts: 63 Member
    Thanis90 wrote: »
    If I make it to the end of the day without binging on junk food, I think I'll give myself a medal. I've had the worst day. My daughter is teething and she's screaming bloody murder. My head is bursting. She won't nap because of it so I've had no break from it all day. I'm so ready for bed. 😟 Food has always been my comfort, so on days like today I just want to resort to eating to numb how I'm feeling. It's so hard to break old habits...

Hey have you tried dentinox? You can buy it from the supermarket I'm sure or pharmacy. Or even the bonjela teething gel?
    Ash used to rub the girls gums for them (washed hands first of course lol)

It's so hard to know they're in pain with it too! I hope it eases for her. You can get teething toys too and some of them go in the freezer so it's cooling too when they chew it (I'm sure you probably know about it all)
    But I always used dentinox gel and it definitely eased it for my girls and im sure it's one you can apply endlessly. (but check the leaflet first)

Thanks dear! I had never heard of Dentinox, I'll look for it when I'm out later. I've been using chamomila teething granules up til now and I have her gel keys in the freezer but she never seems to like them. She would rather chew on our hands and my hands are really sore between that and all the scrubbing and alcohol gel we are using these days when out and about 😥
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Friday 26 February

Log 😊
    Stay in the green 😊
    5 fruit and veg 😊
    Water 😊
    Fitbit exercise goals 😊
    Weigh 😊 trend ⬇️

Yesterday, I decided to make some space in the freezer by using a brioche loaf, that we didn’t like but didn’t want to throw away, to make bread pudding. The end result was so tasty that my husband asked me to freeze two thirds of it so that he didn’t eat it all at once. I now have even less space in my freezer!
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Saturday 27 February

Log 😊 have pre-logged
    Stay in the green - pizza and wine for dinner will make this challenging.
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals plus extra
    Weigh 😊 trend ↔️
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,048 Member
    If I make it to the end of the day without binging on junk food, I think I'll give myself a medal. I've had the worst day. My daughter is teething and she's screaming bloody murder. My head is bursting. She won't nap because of it so I've had no break from it all day. I'm so ready for bed. 😟 Food has always been my comfort, so on days like today I just want to resort to eating to numb how I'm feeling. It's so hard to break old habits...

Hey have you tried dentinox? You can buy it from the supermarket I'm sure or pharmacy. Or even the bonjela teething gel?

It's so hard to know they're in pain with it too! I hope it eases for her. You can get teething toys too and some of them go in the freezer so it's cooling too when they chew it (I'm sure you probably know about it all)
    But I always used dentinox gel and it definitely eased it for my girls and im sure it's one you can apply endlessly. (but check the leaflet first)

Thanks dear! I had never heard of Dentinox, I'll look for it when I'm out later. I've been using chamomila teething granules up til now and I have her gel keys in the freezer but she never seems to like them. She would rather chew on our hands and my hands are really sore between that and all the scrubbing and alcohol gel we are using these days when out and about 😥

You know what I never even thought of that with all the sanitizer!
    I always found the gels were better than the granulesbecause you can get it right on the gum. If your shop doesn't have the dentinox then go for bonjela teething gel x
  • Bex953172
    Birthday girl for all the honorary aunts!
    e3kvgvch50yt.jpg

Happy Birthday! She’s 3 now?

Yeah crazy how time flies. I can't believe how big she is lol.
    She's an absolute nightmare atm though she really is. Shes so bossy and if she doesn't get her way she screams at the top of her lungs lol just waiting for this phase to be over.
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    [/b]Mixed day[/b]

For Friday, new day.

-I'm grateful for the many improvements that technology has brought into my life. Today it's the adidas app that tracks my outdoor walks. For decades I enjoyed tracking my running/walking progress but had to outline the mileage in my car and use a stop watch left in the garage to track time. The app makes everything seamless, keeps my history and even gives me maps of where I walked. Sooooo much easier.
    -1900 calories: 1721
    -Work out for 40 minutes:Got busy and didn't make the time. Was a little sore but that's just an excuse
    -Invest 15 minutes on professional development: Nope
    -Invest 13 minutes on home duties: Shoveled and grocery store run. Kept up with my stuff
    -Eat dinner at the table and don't snack on the couch: Nope but kept under my calories
    -Eat between 8 and 6: Done

For Saturday, get active

-Grateful for my progress. Shoveling/chipping snow and ice I slipped and went down Thursday morning. Neighbor walking her dog was present as I let out a significant curse. Good side is that I wasn't injured and was able to get on firmer footing and get up. No question a year ago I would have, at best, not been able to get up and at worst would have hurt myself.
    -2100 calories. Saturday night:
    -Work out for 90 minutes:
    -Invest 15 minutes in professional development:
    -Invest 15 minutes in personal development:
    -Invest 30 minutes in home duties:
    -Eat dinner at the table. Get back in the habit:
    -Already broke my 8:00 commitment but can still stay on track for the day:

• MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited February 2021

Not to make this thread about kids but anyone going through teething questions their personal mental state, Lol!!!!

I wanted to share this because it is the best teething invention ever!!! I used Nuby all natural soothing gum gel and the Nuby teething mitten!! I have four kiddos and the teething mitten is magnificent!!!!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071S8PPKN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_12R7S4BJQQC1TS70K7Y7

I hope it is available in the UK.

Best of luck my friend!!!!🌻🤗🌻
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    MLHC1 wrote: »

JFT Friday 2/26/2021

✅Enjoy coffee-time
    ✅Self-care
    ✅Manage a few household items
    ✅Elliptical 30 min session
    ✅Yoga 45 min session
    ✅BBL DVD 20 min session
    ❌Finish Chem 4314 Exam Prep, Note Cards :star:
    Not finished➡️Chem 3308 Online HW.1 & HW.2
    ✅Enjoy my children's personalities
    ✅Be kind and patient
    ✅(Leftover Dinner Night!! - No cooking time 🤗 )
    ✅Stay in the green on calories!!!! (When anxiety hits, drink stress tea before grabbing a snack!!)

I blew it yesterday with the caloric intake. My new plan, make some tea and take a break when anxiety and stress show up. Hopefully this will help with the emotional eating.

The weekend is upon us!! Happy Friday Y'all!! 🤠👍

JFT Saturday 2/27/2021

Enjoy coffee-time
    Self-care
    Manage Saturday Chore Day
    Elliptical 30 min session
    Yoga 45 min session
    BBL DVD 20 min session
    Finish Chem 4314 Exam Prep, Note Cards :star:
    Finish Chem 3308 Online HW.1 & HW.2
    Enjoy my children's personalities
    Be kind and patient
    Make Salmon and Steamed Artichokes 🤗
    Stay in the green on calories!!!!
    (When anxiety hits, drink stress tea before grabbing a snack!!)

Emotions tried to rule my day yesterday, I gave in to the Cinnamon toast crunch but my kiddos helped me stay on track with my exercises. I started and made progress on my homework but did not complete everything. And so here we are on Saturday; it needs to be productive!!

Y'all have a beautiful day and take time to enjoy something for yourself!! 🌻 🤠👍
  • Snowflake1968

My girls are grown and I’m in the grandparent stage, but we used to use cold wet facecloths. The little baby ones worked best. Ran under cold water and wrung out well. It is softer for them to chew on. It might work since she likes your hand.
  • Snowflake1968
    JFT - Fri Feb 26
    1L of Water - 👿
    Log all Food - 🙂

JFT - Sat Feb 27
    1L of Water
    Log all Food

@WellingTX - I used Map My Walk app when I was walking it would tell me how far I had walked at each km, more often than not hearing that would make me want to add another km. I soon learned what routes would get me to 5K and then I focussed on speed.
    I am hoping that by the time the ice melts and it’s safe to walk here I will be cleared from physio to start again.
    Currently I don’t have the strength to even do 10 reps of the exercises, I can only do about 7-8.

@PackerFanInGB - What is one small change I can make today to help with my weight loss? I will wear jeans vs. leggings or sweatpants, which will help me pay attention to whether I'm eating too much by the way the waistband feels.
    ☝️ I wore my dress pants that are too tight this week. I was so uncomfortable all day, but it made me eat better and think of my choices.
    I didn’t eat chips or French fries since last Sunday and the highest number of calories in the red was 458, it has been much more than that a lot lately.

@ZizzyBumble - 😂 I can see that being the issue at my house too. Try to do something to make it better and it makes it worse. Fortunately it’s just freezer space.

@Bex953172 - that’s a terrible stage, hope she outgrows it soon.
    I had 5 people to wish a Happy Birthday to yesterday. One of them was my Godson. He turned 35! He was the first baby I ever loved. I was 17 when he was born. I thought I felt old when he turned 17. I don’t even want to think of it now. 😂
    I use him as the standard to decide if someone is “a kid” in my world. So I guess the kids now are 35 or younger.

We are going to the Restore to be there when they open. Then I have physio. She is talking about blading today. I googled it and it doesn’t sound as terrible as I was envisioning thankfully.
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 919 Member
    @Snowflake1968 I think I would be more inclined to snack if my kitchen was in an uproar! Well done for not succumbing :)

JFT Friday 26th

Eat sensibly yes, though did snack a bit
    collect medication yes
    Back exercises yes!!!
    Admin yes, some
    Do something, anything, just keep busy yes
    Walk yes

I didn't get on to post this morning, it's almost 5pm now. I was babysitting (and dog sitting!) from early on. Didn't have time to snack lol. It has been a lovely day, a bit sunny and not windy. So lovely to get outside for a while, I've been planning what I want to do to the garden this year.

Word for 2021 Strength

Lose 21lbs in 2021

• littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 919 Member
    WellingTX wrote: »

-Grateful for my progress. Shoveling/chipping snow and ice I slipped and went down Thursday morning. Neighbor walking her dog was present as I let out a significant curse. Good side is that I wasn't injured and was able to get on firmer footing and get up. No question a year ago I would have, at best, not been able to get up and at worst would have hurt myself.

@WellingTX this is really great (not you falling over!) ....being able to get up from the floor and not being injured is such a good reason for sticking to what you're doing. We all need to look after ourselves as best we can.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member

JFT, Saturday, 2/26
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water .. 8+ glasses water RED CUP CHALLENGE FOR THE REST OF FEBRUARY AND MARCH
    3. only 1 diet coke
    4. mindful eating
    5. 5 fruits and veggies
    6. remember my why .... to look better in my clothes, to have more confidence .. to wear nice clothes WHEN covid restrictions are lifted and we go see our son, to have more energy.
    7. go for a walk
    8. Plan the entire days food in the morning ... that helps me, because if I know what I am going to eat for dinner, I can plan my lunch better
    9. Personal Challenge: 5 minute rule for nitetime snacking .. when I have the urge to grab a snack, set a timer, WAIT 5 MINUTES. Distract myself, but I have to wait 5 minutes before eating anything.

Really busy day today.. but I didn't post my goals last nite. Its going to be 60 out .. so hoping to clean up flower beds, go for a walk, and just be outside!
  • Bex953172
    Well I guess someone has finally figured out how to get me back in the gym... My youngest daughter has joined the swim team and has decided she needs to strength train. She wants me to take her to the gym and teach her how to lift. This can be a great bonding time, but my anxiety about going to the gym is through the roof. I don't want to go there and be seen the way I am. Luckily for her, my love for her totally out weighs my personal loathing. Even in this state she sees me as someone who can hang the moon and do anything. Now to put my personal fears aside and spend some healthy quality time with my 15 yo daughter. It's hard to find bonding moments when they are this age. I shan't let this one pass me by because of a little anxiety, besides I was a kick *kitten* fitness instructor / trainer in my day. Ughhhh...

JFT Saturday
    - Take V to swim :smiley:
    - Go home and make a lifting plan, core & upper body focus :smiley:
    - Cry :smiley:
    - Pick up V and take her to the gym
    - Workout with my girl
    - Watch local gal (that used to compete with my oldest) in her first senior elite gymnastics meet.
    - Figure out dinner
    - Hubby is working nights right now so figure out how to occupy myself without eating everything in sight.

Hey don't you worry about going to the gym! You might find that not only are you helping your daughter, but it might also help you with you anxiety in the gym having her there which will support you and you might find it's not so bad!
    It sounds like a wonderful time to bond and both help each other :)