What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Replies

• acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,553 Member
    Simple skillet 🍳 breakfast.
    (Photo taken pre coffee half asleep lol)

My husband really likes hash browns ... so I made these ;) ~ hash and eggs with Cajun spice.

🍴 Root vegetable hash - rutabega, yam, parsnip, carrots. (I have a lot of leftover carrots!) πŸ₯•πŸ°

If you have more carrots than you know what to do with, pickling is an option. I use a spiralizer or the rough grating attachment of my food processor instead of the scary mandolin in recipe below. Keeps a few weeks in the fridge and can be used in any asian recipe calling for pickled turnip such as pad thai. Nice for adding a sweet/acidic crunch to sandwiches filled with salty charcuterie, similar in spirit of adding pickled carrot to bahn mi.

https://mykoreankitchen.com/pickled-carrots-and-daikon-radish/
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    acpgee wrote: Β»
    Simple skillet 🍳 breakfast.
    (Photo taken pre coffee half asleep lol)

My husband really likes hash browns ... so I made these ;) ~ hash and eggs with Cajun spice.

🍴 Root vegetable hash - rutabega, yam, parsnip, carrots. (I have a lot of leftover carrots!) πŸ₯•πŸ°

If you have more carrots than you know what to do with, pickling is an option. I use a spiralizer or the rough grating attachment of my food processor instead of the scary mandolin in recipe below. Keeps a few weeks in the fridge and can be used in any asian recipe calling for pickled turnip such as pad thai. Nice for adding a sweet/acidic crunch to sandwiches filled with salty charcuterie, similar in spirit of adding pickled carrot to bahn mi.

https://mykoreankitchen.com/pickled-carrots-and-daikon-radish/

@acpgee - this is awesome!!! πŸ™ thank you!! Going to do this!! I was just reading a recipe with pickled carrots!! Kismet! πŸ˜‰
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Quick dinner - fish and veg - same breakfast skillet πŸ˜‰

It’s been a day!

Broiled salmon with chickpeas, broccoli, farro, carrots .. blended with some sea salt and garam masala. πŸ˜‹

8vin1ohok9m2.jpeg

Lookin' good! I like this and your pic is lovely.
  • kcmcbee
    kcmcbee Posts: 177 Member
    More blackened Amberjack with cajun rice and steamed veggies
    z6qaiuee0wu7.jpeg
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited March 2021
    Black bean chili & salad of spring mix, tomatoes, olives and a spritz of olive oil.

x4bj8lft3cpt.jpg

fl7vvpm32e0v.jpg