Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Women 200lb+, Let's Be Magnificent This March!!!

Replies

• Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    @misplacedmama Welcome! With your attitude, you are going to be up and playing with your youngest in no time.
  • misplacedmama
    misplacedmama Posts: 78 Member
    @Laughter_Girl Thank you! And I gotta say, I love your username!
  • Laughter_Girl
    @misplacedmama Thanks. I laugh a lot. I should have a six pack from all the laughing I've done throughout my life, but if I do, it's hidden to me. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Laughter_Girl
    @KeriA Happy Birthday!!! 🥳🥳🎊🎊🎉
  • Laughter_Girl
    @Spotteddingo That could not have been easy to share, and I consider it a privilege to be one of the ones you shared it with. Having unhealthy relationships with food can very much lead to a real illness, and we must continue to talk about it to bring more awareness of it. I'm sure your mom was a real gem (most moms are), and she would be proud of you for committing to eating healthier and being healthier.

• MuttiNM
    MuttiNM Posts: 240 Member
    @KeriA Happy birthday!!! Hope you had a wonderful day!

For chair yoga, I started with a book called Sit n Fit Chair Yoga. It's very basic and actually a very thin book. I know some of the reviews of the book criticized it for being so short. I bought it anyway since it still sounded like a good place to start and for me, it was. I've since seen some of the exercises in the book in youtube videos and articles on yoga. I then watched a few youtube videos to add more exercises and I have a 2nd book that's much more comprehensive and includes a section on chair yoga routines based on goals you want to achieve through the practice. I can't recall the name of that one right now. I'll try to remember to look it up. I haven't yet found a youtube video that I love. I know I read about some here on MFP that people really liked but I didn't check into them at the time. If anyone has any chair yoga videos they like, please share. Thanks!
  • Laughter_Girl
    @carrie_anne_r Welcome. The important thing is you're caring about YOU now. You're on fire!

@RavenStCloud Love that image/reminder. You've got this!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,321 Member
    Thanks @MuttiNM for the information on chair yoga. You are serious. Very cool!

@carrie_anne_r Wow you are making such progress. Welcome.

@RavenStCloud I agree consistency gets you a long way.