Women 200lb+, Let's Be Magnificent This March!!!

Options

Replies

• Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    @speyerj What an ingenious way to get more steps!!! I'm always trying to be efficient when it comes to chores, but I just might have to think of it differently now... especially on my rest days. Thanks.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    @SammyKlingler You go girl!! You're kicking booty and taking names. Keep it up because it's working.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    Happy Friday!!

SW (Jan 2021): 219.6
    HT: 5'4

Friday Weigh-in
    Mar 5: 203 - Down 1.4lbs

Thoughts: I felt great this week. YouTube can be so inspiring when it comes to meal ideas. I was able to consume more fruits and veggies and ate a lot healthier... when time allowed. :# Breakfast/lunch were challenging this week with my schedule, and my goal is to work on that next week.
  • azalea4175
    azalea4175 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    sarah12277 wrote: »
    @goal06082021 Still trying to keep things easy and not doing too much as I know in the past I overdid it and eventually burnt out. The other friends that go would make me burn out so I'm trying not to always do the same with them.

that sounds like a smart approach, you have a good plan. Keep it up, consistency is more important at first than progress!!
  • Spotteddingo
    Spotteddingo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    @wanderinglight - I DM'd you a couple of weeks ago about menopause. ;)
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    @wanderinglight, when I was turning 50, I was also in the process of losing weight. Estrogen and other hormones are stored in fat cells (one reason why being obese is can put you at higher risk for breast cancer). As you lose fat you are also losing stored estrogen which, if you are going through menopause, amplifies the symptoms, at least temporarily.

I had pretty bad night sweats too. They stop eventually. I did find I needed to use an estrogen cream. I've since switched to an estrogen ring - less messy, and no need to remember to apply it. Anyway, I'm glad you are finding a way to cope.
  • tianneclements
    tianneclements Posts: 20 Member
    Options

Tianne
    Started February 1

CW 215 pounds
    GW 140

February was a big struggle

* Log food and calories daily
    * Get walking 4 x week
    * No sugar
    * One day per week have one treat for weight loss efforts

This is it for now, happy to be here!
  • mumof6sv
    mumof6sv Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day.

Age 33
    Height 167cm (5’5”)
    SW 107.5kg (236.9lbs)
    CW 98.5kg (217.2lbs)
    GW for Mar 97.5kg (214.9lbs)
    UGW 75kg (165lbs)
    Loss for the week -1.1kg (2.4lbs)

Happy with this weeks progress. Yesterday I had a bit of a setback and gave in to some extra food. I ended up with instant regret as it made me feel really yucky. I guess it shows that my body is adjusting to my new way of life. I didn’t go over maintenance calories but I guess the choice of foods I had left me feeling icky.
    I haven’t been doing to well with water intake this week so I need to pay more attention to that.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    @goal06082021 Congrats on the movement on the scale! I need to take my measurements (keep forgetting), and I definitely need to wake up earlier. I might try it next week. Maybe. :#

@girlinkaz Congrats! Hopefully, you will continue to lose without stalling.

@tianneclements March is going to be your month. You've got this!

@Tarzan37 Woohoo!! I'm celebrating your NSVs (non-scale victories). Sometimes the scale does not cooperate, but if your shirts are fitting loosely and YOU can notice changes in the mirror, you are definitely moving in the right direction. Keep up the good work.

@wanderinglight Glad you are noticing improvements with the flashes. I'm pre-menopausal and was having mini flashes, but they have since subsided at the moment. Insomnia is my latest problem. I can be sleeping soundly and wake up for no reason and can't get back to sleep. It's so frustrating. This morning I was wide awake at 2:40am. My alarm was set for 6:30am. 🙄😭😠 I'll have to see what natural remedies I can try.

Know that you're not alone... although that's probably not much comfort. Hang in there anyway!
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    @wanderinglight - I DM'd you a couple of weeks ago about menopause. ;)

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear that! I don't see anything in my messages -- could you please resend?
  • WasteNotWench
    WasteNotWench Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Woo new thread! Happy March everyone!

I've decided I'm attempting 10,000 steps a day this month. We're only 4 days in but so far so good. Yesterday I left it so late and I did the whole 10,000 steps in go hahah GOSH my feet burned! It took an hour and 29 minutes if anyone is curious and was 4.38 miles according to my watch! It's going to be a struggle challenge this month, but I'm going to give it my best :blush: (walking workouts on youtube come in so handy when the weather is vile!). I'm going to give myself one day off if Shark Week destroys me on the first day as it's wont to do (so, 300,000 steps in March)

Here's my stats :smiley:

Height: 5'7"
    Original SW: 242lb as of 01/02/2021
    February End weight: 233.5 lb

March Progress:
    1st: 232 (-1.5lb)
    8th:
    15th:
    22nd:
    29th:
    Weight lost so far this month (-1.5)
    GW for March: 226lb (-7.5lb)

Was curious what type of watch do you have. I have a Samsung and was trying to figure out how to link my watch to the fitnesspal. Wondering if you dont mind telling me how to do it?

@lindseydennison8 I have a Garmin Vivoactive 4s! I love it :) I'm not sure if they work differently but with mine on the Garmin app it allows you to link to MFP in settings (there's a calorie tracking bit and I go through there). You may also be able to do it through the MFP site - if you click on apps and scroll through maybe you will see your app there and just press connect? I have no idea how to do a Samsung specifically though - hope that somewhat helps :blush: