September Weight Loss Challenge (CLOSED)

Options

Replies

• brenott
    brenott Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    My Starting Weight as of August 28 was 211.5

This week's weigh in 210.0

Goal for September: 200

Total Loss so far in September was 1.5 lbs

Not where I wanted to be, but at least the scale went DOWN!!!

Goal's the same, to include more strength training, about 2-3 times a week. Still have Jillian Michael's 30 day shred and this cheesy DVD called Sexy arms. It's a womens workout for arms and it's obnoxious. I don't want it anymore, I have it memorized. A descent arm workout.

My eating has been off this weekend, so I need to get back on track. I did run a 5k today, so I needed a little extra protein. Forcing myself off the scale, so hope I'm on track.
  • rure13
    Options
    Starting weight for September: 168
    This week's weigh in: 167
    Your goal for September: 160
    Total Loss so far in September: 1
    How you are doing on your personal goal: I'm doing ok on my goal I just need to watch out for whenever I eat out
  • kdet07
    kdet07 Posts: 117
    Options
    Starting weight for September 243.9
    This week's weigh in 240.6
    Your goal for September 239
    Total Loss so far in September (-3.3)
    How you are doing on your personal goal- whatever I changed is WORKING. these are the lowest numbers I've seen. EVER. (since I can remember, which with probably like freshman year of high school.)
    Any comments you'd like to make ....
    239 is so close I can taste it. I'm excited. I'm also working on a new blog post about my black bean chili that is oh-so-yummy-yummy in my tummy :):)

xoxo
  • DiabeticAlien
    DiabeticAlien Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    SW 280
    CW 278.2
    GW for September 270
    Total loss 1.8
    I've not been doing so well on my personal goal which was to workout for an hour 4 to 5 times a week. I have been having major issues with shin splints every time I go for a walk/jog.
  • mandimoore617
    mandimoore617 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Starting weight for September: 214.6 (8/26)

This week's weigh in: 210 (9/9) :happy:

Your goal for September: 206

Total Loss so far in September: 4.6

How you are doing on your personal goal: OK, I deviated once, but that's a lot better than I did last month!

Any comments you'd like to make : There are progress photos on my blog on here! :drinker:
  • chaoticlove
    chaoticlove Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Starting weight for September: 138

This week's weigh in: 136.8

Goal weight for September: 133

Total Lost for September: 1.2

How are you doing on your personal goal: Doing great, eating healthy and moving more! I'm adding drinking more water to my goals. Didn't think the scale was going to budge this week, but it did just a little. I'll take it!:smile:
  • Kany
    Kany Posts: 336
    Options
    Starting weight for September : 135lbs
    This week's weigh in 134lbs
    Your goal for September 125lbs
    Total Loss so far in September 1lb
    How you are doing on your personal goal : I'm actually eat a lot better and before I reach for a beer I'd stop and think about going over my calories intake goal. I'm also more actives and getting better on the mountain bike. The guys are getting worried that I will pass them uphill so I'm going to switch to my heavier full suspension bike.

Whoot! :happy:
  • suzanneec
    suzanneec Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Starting weight for September: 199.6
    This week's weigh in: 203
    Your goal for September: 195
    Total Loss so far in September: -3.4
    How you are doing on your personal goal: Not great. I wanted to do 4 hours walking/biking, but only got in 2.5
    Any comments you'd like to make: I have been in a lot of pain this week, ended up in the ER yesterday and was pumped full of saline solution and then diagnosed with shingles. I'm attributing my weight gain to yesterday's IV fluids because I did well with my calorie intake all week. Once I can shake this illness, I look forward to getting back on track.
  • sbs61181
    sbs61181 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Starting weight for September: 259 (8/28)
    This week's weigh in: 256 (9/11)
    Your goal for September: 250
    Total Loss so far in September: 3 lb.
    How you are doing on your personal goal: No good at all.... the first week I only made it to the gym 3 times and then ended up with a horrible head cold. Haven't done well since. Hopefully this week (week 3) will be better.
  • afitchpatrick
    afitchpatrick Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    ok 2nd week in a row i have had no loss, but i haven't gained either so i'm still sitting at 159. to the women do u weigh urself when it's ur time of month. i usually gain 4 or 5 pounds during that week of just water. trying to decfide what to do about it this week with my weigh in.
  • jppizana
    jppizana Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Starting weight for September :146.6
    This week's weigh in :145.6
    Your goal for September : 140
    Total Loss so far in September : 1.0
    How you are doing on your personal goal : not that great with weight loss but I have been doing very well with the amount of walking/exercise during the week and weekend. I walked 17.9 miles last week (9/4-10/11) and plan on hopefully doing 20miles this coming week.
    Any comments you'd like to make: I found that if I exercise during any mood, I inevitably will be happy or at least content when I am done walking. Walking also allows me to either focus and talk things through with myself or just let me faze out and enjoy some good music. I recommend walking to anybody who wants to get outdoors and enjoy the last bit of summer.
  • gailduncan
    gailduncan Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Starting weight for September : 151lbs
    This week's weigh in : 151lbs
    Your goal for September : 143lbs
    Total Loss so far in September 0
    How you are doing on your personal goal : No weightloss yet nut have stuck to cycling to work at least once a week and continuing with C25K
  • gdneff
    gdneff Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Starting weight for September - 247.6
    This week's weigh in - 244.6
    Your goal for September - 242.6
    Total Loss so far in September - (-3)
    How you are doing on your personal goal - not so well. do just fine loggin in during the week, but not so welll on weekends. Also just finally got clearance to start working out, so hopefully can get back on track with that as well.
    Any comments you'd like to make - Never give up! Never Surrender!
  • skinnyjeans1224
    skinnyjeans1224 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    SW 169
    this week 170.8 ugh
    GW 160

Had a bad week, felt sick so ate horribly and only worked out 2x. feel alot better now, so back at it strong. This week goal workout 6x, eat clean, water, water,water.
  • nalia08
    nalia08 Posts: 252
    Options
    SW 153.4 (9/5)
    CW 151.4 (9/12)

Weightloss to date (9/1 - 9/12): 2 lbs

I weighed everyday except Saturday.....couldn't stay away from the treadmill. I stayed within my calorie range since I didn't workout. I did eat 2 donuts last night cause I really wanted some sugar, but they were still in my calorie range. As I opted for those instead of a meal. Wasn't a good (healthy) choice, but hit my craving. This time, I will try really hard not to weigh until next Monday.
  • bubblesburst80
    bubblesburst80 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Starting weight for September: 218
    This week's weigh in: 216
    Your goal for September: 210
    Total Loss so far in September: 2
    How you are doing on your personal goal:haven't managed to get as much done this week as i hoped, running my little girl to school for just 2 hrs in the afternoon leaves me with nothing, next week she starts full time so i'll really have time then
    Any comments you'd like to make: great group, hope everyone has a great september!
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    so I've had a bad start to this month with TOM and getting back from vacation, so....I'll just jump in here:

Starting weight for September: 196.6
    This week's weigh in: 198.2
    Your goal for September: 186
    Total Loss so far in September: gained
    How you are doing on your personal goal: Still working on getting my workouts in.
    Any comments you'd like to make:

I would love to chime in more and be more supportive. We can do this guys, each day, one step at a time.
  • myiceisonfire
    myiceisonfire Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Starting weight for September: 200.4 
    This week's weigh in: 201.0 lbs 
    Your goal for September: 190 lbs 
    Total Loss so far in September: 0 lbs 

How are you doing on you personal goal? 
    Doing pretty good, but had to take 1 1/2 rest days because my body was so sore & then I had church & a wedding all in the same day the day after that.

Any comments you'd like to make: 
    Pretty upset. I got down to 197.6lbs & went back up to 201. So instead of losing 2.8lbs and staying there, I gained 1lbs from when i started this challenge.
  • peanut228
    Options
    Starting weight for September: 143
    This week's weigh in: Sept 12th 137
    Your goal for September: 134
    Total Loss so far in September: 6
    How you are doing on your personal goal: still exercising a lot.....but oh my struggling to drink water, never thought it would be so hard to drink it regularly!
    2lbs off this week will be happy with one pound next week, horrendous weekend eating complete rubbish!

Keep up the hard work everyone :)
  • tanyaMax
    tanyaMax Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Starting weight for September 197.5
    This week's weigh in 189.5
    Your goal for September 189
    Total Loss so far in September 8 pounds :0)
    How you are doing on your personal goal? my personal goal is to be accountable for EVERYTHING that goes in my mouth. and I have been doing great at it...usually if i take a bite of something HORRIBLE i quick add 100 cals...it defitnately has been working
    Any comments you'd like to make.... I dropped another 4 pounds and i was on vacation. i'm super excited that there is only 10 days left of summer and i kept this life style up...last year i quit during summer with all the camping and vacationing and gained 30 pounds back.....I finally get it :0) now to conquer the holidays...hehehe