Women 200lb+, Let's Be Magnificent This March!!!

Replies

• finngirl61
    finngirl61 Posts: 122 Member
    @goal06082021 - You are so right about using the word 'coexist' with food. It made me stop and think. We have to make peace with ourselves, our food, etc.
    @speyerj - You are such an inspiration for me. When I look way down the road, it seems overwhelming. But you did it and you did it the right way!!!
  • sarah12277
    sarah12277 Posts: 210 Member
    @goal06082021 I'm with ya. I have to log for the rest of my life if I want to maintain whatever weight I end up at. I've proven to myself already I will gain if I don't or I have to keep to the same packaged items that are the same calories. Also I've seen what happens if I don't do things that I can't sustain so that's very important for me as well.

MFP weigh in today. Weight is up a bit but bloating too. Ate late yesterday and also am trying an intolerance so after having it a few days I might have reached my limit.

One last day on Sunday with my gym reluctant friend. I'm going to upgrade the new gym to go to more clubs so she can come and try those. We're still going so that's been a good thing for both of us.
  • Arralethe
    Arralethe Posts: 222 Member
    @girlinkaz & @goal06082021, fabulous losses, congratulations!
  • girlinkaz
    girlinkaz Posts: 90 Member
    @Tarzan37 hang in there!!! I remind myself all the time that the difference is the mirror is MORE valuable than the scale! You got this 💪🏻
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    KeriA wrote: »
    I check in the 1st and last of month and when I make progress.
    Keri
    67 years old, Height: 5'6"
    SW: 266 lbs (Dec 2019)
    2/1: 263.6
    3/1: 261.8
    4/1: 258
    5/1:254
    7 /1:250.4
    8/1: 249.2
    10/1: 247
    10/19: 245.4
    1/1: 251.2
    2/3: 250.4
    2/6: 256.6 adjusted according to my new scale.
    2/7: 255 -1.6 lbs lost of extra new scale weight
    2/27: 254.8 -.2 but I went up to 257 so this is a loss of 2.2 lbs
    2/28: 253.4
    3/6: 255.4
    C.W: 254.4 Not bad for a birthday. I lost a pound.

I had a nice breakfast and wonderful dinner yesterday but skipped lunch so I didn't go over my calorie goal yesterday. I had chocolate mousse for desert and my husband gave me dark chocolates. This instead of birthday cake. I don't seem to overdo dark chocolates. So they are a safer bet for me than other treats. I even made myself a cappuccino to go with my desert last night. That was what I got myself when I got my 1st paycheck with my new job an espresso machine. Next big purchase will be a bike.

I missed your birthday! Hope you had a wonderful day!
    And I love that you spent your first paycheck on a espresso machine...which one did you end up getting? We bought the Rocket Apartamento but ended up returning it. It was just too fancy and a finicky.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Just realized I forgot to do my checkin so I'm adding it here.

Height: 5'11"

SW (April 2020): 225
    January 2021 end weight: 219.6
    February 2021 end weight: 218.4

March GW: 215
    Ultimate GW: 175

March 1 : 218.0
    March 8: 218.5
    March 15:
    March 22:
    March 28:

This is a weird month and I'm not super happy with my progress but I know what I need to do. I've been training someone at work (my very first employee who's not a family member...yay!) and haven't had much time to exercise. I have been doing Yoga With Adriene daily though and it feels wonderful. I do want to add in some more vigorous exercise for the rest of the month.

Next week we're taking a road trip to New Mexico (Ruidoso) for my birthday. I've never been and I'm so excited! Weather looks perfect for some great hiking.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Happy Friday!!

SW (Jan 2021): 219.6
    HT: 5'4

Friday Weigh-in
    Mar 12: 200.4 - Down 2.6lbs

Thoughts: It was a successful week. Why, you ask? One, I was able to eat/drink something for every meal this week. My smoothies (fruit & spinach included) for breakfast came in handy when I was rushed for time, and because I prepared some pasta early in the week, I was able to grab lunch quickly, which has been a challenge. Second, I was able to get in plenty of fruits and veggies (smoothies helped with that). Finally, as I mentioned earlier in a post this week, I can fit an XL blouse. Woohoo! None of these things might seem like a real reason to celebrate, but I am over the moon. In addition to all of this, the scale was generous this week. I'm winning!

Hoping you all have a reason to celebrate even if it's not related to the scale. Never discount the joy of a NSV.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited March 2021
    @wanderinglight Congrats on the new employee! Training anyone can be exhausting, and it is my least favorite task. I try to avoid it at all cost. Ha, ha, ha. I try hard to keep my team happy so no one leaves. 🤣🤣🤣 Have fun in New Mexico celebrating your birthday!

@Tarzan37 Bummer you may have to work, but it's great you have a job and can burn calories while doing it. Stay safe out there! I have a kettlebell, and I used to use it before I stopped working out. I plan to incorporate back in my exercise rotation once I build up my strength a little. That 15lbs feels a lot heavier when you're out of shape. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

@sarah12277 Kudos to you for continuing to go to the gym!! Your consistency will pay off.

@goal06082021 Congrats on your loss. You rock!!!!
  • @uyister: Always happy to share recipes! If I mention a dish that sounds good, just message me for the recipe. And I will trade for some Nigerian ones!

Next week's menu:
    Monday: Chicken and jalapeno quesadillas
    Chicken piccata, rice pilaf/cauliflower rice pilaf, pan-seared asparagus.

Tuesday: Hot Italian Beef sandwiches
    Sweet and Sour Shrimp, steamed broccoli, white rice, homemade pork egg roll.

Wednesday: Hamburgers and chips
    Roast chicken, cranberry-cornbread dressing, chicken gravy, green beans.

Thursday: Pulled pork on bun/in wraps, chips.
    Baked pasta (spinach-mozzarella ravioli with alfredo sauce and diced grilled chicken, or beef and mozzarella ravioli with marinara sauce) and the man who can't have pasta will have alfredo sauce and grilled chicken on pan-seared zucchini chunks.

Friday: Toasted sandwiches. He will probably have a Reuben; I like roast beef and mozzarella with red sauce, and Girlfriend is on a kick of ham and Gouda cheese with yellow mustard.
    Carnitas, served in small flour tortillas with roasted peppers and onions, pico de gallo, cilantro, and a lime wedge.

Saturday: Chicken fingers with dipping sauce and chips. (Sometimes we are six years old, and it's okay.)
    Chicken tikka, tandoori shrimp, jasmine rice, saag, naan, and kheer made with almond milk, rosewater, and cashews.

Sunday: Walking burrito (everything's inside and you can pick it up)
    Pork chops grilled with polish sausage seasoning, rice pilaf/mashed cauliflower, brussel sprouts steamed and tossed in bacon grease with cracked black pepper.

As always, message me for any recipes you want.

• AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    edited March 2021
    Also offered to help a friend out in her busy season by doing some private chef stuff for her. First set of meals are chicken a la king on white rice, beef and noodles with mushrooms and veggies, and pork chops with mashed potatoes and gravy and green beans. Also making her some banana bread, but that is chiefly because I have some old bananas that need to be used or tossed. (grin) She said her big constraint is not spicy. Like, not even black pepper. I can work with this. It's a 180 from what I do for my partners because they adore spice, but I grew up with an autistic father who didn't do spice so I know how to do this.
  • Tarzan37
    Tarzan37 Posts: 158 Member
    girlinkaz wrote: »
    @Tarzan37 hang in there!!! I remind myself all the time that the difference is the mirror is MORE valuable than the scale! You got this 💪🏻

Thank you, I will! My clothes are fitting a bit loosely so that makes me happy!

• Tarzan37
    Tarzan37 Posts: 158 Member
    edited March 2021

@Tarzan37 Bummer you may have to work, but it's great you have a job and can burn calories while doing it. Stay safe out there! I have a kettlebell, and I used to use it before I stopped working out. I plan to incorporate back in my exercise rotation once I build up my strength a little. That 15lbs feels a lot heavier when you're out of shape. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yes, I count my blessings for sure in having a job and it shouldn't be too bad tomorrow... knock on wood!! I definitely need to get some strength training underway here. I think that will make a big difference!

@AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Maybe you can start a meal delivery service and I can be your first customer! :)
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    @AlexandraFindsHerself1971 - you are making me so hungry! And I already closed my dairy for the day! :D

You are an impressive cook. Your family is very lucky you take such good care of them
  • changeforeverlj
    changeforeverlj Posts: 222 Member
    @wanderinglight OMW your post resonated with exactly how I felt about celebrities during lock-down!! I got seriously sick of seeing them on the internet posting out of their mansions!!! UGH! Stretchy tight jegging pants are huge here, and I bought quite a few in the sales last year, they are all different kind of florals and you wear them quite tight, this morning a friend of mine made a few pairs smaller as they are still quite new. I haven't bought much either, but am enjoying just going into a normal shop and taking off the shelf, been 17 years of shopping in shops for larger ladies...much more expensive!!