March 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,988 Member
    Options
    Thanks @kgirlhart . It's funny that you talked about doing short runs for a "rest day," because I was trying to decide if I should do that. Thank for making that decision much easier. :lol:

@Faebert Glad to hear you are doing better. Sounds like you have a great plan in place.

Congratulations on your 7k PR @Tramboman !
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,986 Member
    Options
    March Goal: 100 Miles

3/1: 1.32 miles
    3/2: 5.32 miles
    3/3: 5.32 miles
    3/4: 5.52 miles
    3/5: 1.40 miles
    3/6: 1.20 miles
    3/7: 10.02 miles
    3/8: 1.43 miles
    3/9: 6.02 miles
    3/10: 6.09 miles
    3/11: 5.41 miles
    3/12: 1.51 miles
    3/13: 1.42 miles

51.98/100  miles completed for March

I just realized that when I posted my run a little while ago I didn't update my chart at the top. I thought I'd better do that now or I would forget and then not be able to figure out why my mileage was off.

Way to go on your 5K @skippygirlsmom! And great job listening to the PT.

@vs_shine That redbud is beautiful.  Ours are blooming here too (also in Texas) but I haven't seen any that pretty. 

@katharmonic That ice along the lake looks really pretty.

@avidkeo Nice new watch!

exercise.png

2021 Races:
    4/24/21: Run For The Children 10K
    11/6/21: Run For 57th AHC Half Marathon
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom and @quilteryoyo You guys are doing great with your recovery!

@rheddmobile You and your husband's commitment to this race series is so great! I love how much thought you guys put into these races.

@Avidkeo Pretty watch!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,988 Member
    Options
    @eric13296 You are doing great! Congrats on finishing your couch to 5k! This is a pretty awesome group of people.

@Avidkeo Great run and you deserved the new watch! It looks so pretty. I have a Garmin, so can't help you out. Sounds like you had a nice hike too. Glad miss 4 made it 30 minutes!

@katharmonic Good job on getting your run in. The picture is beautiful and interesting.

Thanks @Scott6255 ! Tippy love going on those walks. She's pretty special to me.

@martaindale Glad your family is still working on their C25k. The park is very pretty. Enjoy the rest of your week away!

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo thanks, it is a garmin, the Fenix 6s Pro. I changed the watch face. Had this watch face for years now lol, since I got my first Garmin.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    @skippygirlsmom yay on the 5k and good for listening to PT! Glad you are making progress!

I did my 16k yesterday and it was great. I tried a new path which had a long slow climb, it was a challenge but really good. Got to the top no real issues at all. I am finding at around the 16k mark I'm starting to get tightness in the outsides of my hips? Suggestions? I'm going to do a lot of stretching for the next few weeks to hopefully loosen that area.

Then in the avo I did something a bit silly.
    I've worked a LOT of call hours over the last 2 weeks, meaning I got a reasonably good pay. Soooo my patience gave out and I bought myself a new watch! I got the Fenix 6s.so far I love it. Its taking a little getting used to - buttons instead of touchscreen is definitely a bit of a change. But a bit of playing around last night and I got it in my head.
    qubo6v2xc6pl.jpg
    hie7nrc7p9uz.jpg

I really want to take it for a run, but rest day. So I'm going to try out the hike function instead.

Anyone have one? Any tips?

Ooh, nice! Looking at the second pic, my only suggestion is that if you want heart rate accuracy, you’ll need to have the strap nice and tight - I had a few tracking issues and according to my coach if light can get behind the watch it’ll mess with the heart rate. I have mine tight when I start my run, the go up to super tight (leave a mark can’t be any tighter tight) after about 5 minutes.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    @skippygirlsmom yay on the 5k and good for listening to PT! Glad you are making progress!

I did my 16k yesterday and it was great. I tried a new path which had a long slow climb, it was a challenge but really good. Got to the top no real issues at all. I am finding at around the 16k mark I'm starting to get tightness in the outsides of my hips? Suggestions? I'm going to do a lot of stretching for the next few weeks to hopefully loosen that area.

Then in the avo I did something a bit silly.
    I've worked a LOT of call hours over the last 2 weeks, meaning I got a reasonably good pay. Soooo my patience gave out and I bought myself a new watch! I got the Fenix 6s.so far I love it. Its taking a little getting used to - buttons instead of touchscreen is definitely a bit of a change. But a bit of playing around last night and I got it in my head.
    qubo6v2xc6pl.jpg
    hie7nrc7p9uz.jpg

I really want to take it for a run, but rest day. So I'm going to try out the hike function instead.

Anyone have one? Any tips?

Ooh, nice! Looking at the second pic, my only suggestion is that if you want heart rate accuracy, you’ll need to have the strap nice and tight - I had a few tracking issues and according to my coach if light can get behind the watch it’ll mess with the heart rate. I have mine tight when I start my run, the go up to super tight (leave a mark can’t be any tighter tight) after about 5 minutes.

I'll remember that. I used to do that with my old watch too. I like it tight for run but looser for daily wear

Now hanging out for your race report! The weather looked perfect, since no America's Cup racing!
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,717 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    March 1 – Exercise Bike (6.33 miles) + Strength training
    March 2 – 5.07 miles
    March 3 – Exercise Bike (7 miles) + strength
    March 4 – 5.35 miles (morning) + 3.05 miles (evening – hill repeats)
    March 5 – rest
    March 6 – 12.01 miles
    March 7 – Hiking – 2.27 miles – 1340 elevation gain
    March 8 – 5.18 miles
    March 9 – 3.34 miles
    March 10 – 5.18 miles
    March 11 – 5.21 miles
    March 12 – Hiking – 4.5 miles
    March 13 – 13.13 miles

Thanks for commiserating with me over my failed weekend plans. On Friday, me and three friends headed to Dupont Forest near Hendersonville, NC and hiked the trails there. They were not technical but I got to practice with my big backpack and we saw some beautiful waterfalls. Had lunch in downtown Hendersonville and did a little shopping there. Yesterday, I got my monthly half marathon completed. I had not really planned on it but a friend needed 13 miles so I just kept going with her.

@katharmonic, @quilteryoyo and @scott6255 – it is funny about being so close to others on the RTW Challenge. I had no clue because I don’t think I’ve been to the site since we started the challenge. I always get an email from Challenge Hound after I complete a run so I know my run counts.
    Congrats on your ambassadorship @Camaramandy648!
    Love your progress @skippygirlsmom! Nice race swag!
    Wow! Estonia is beautiful @HonuNui. I’ve only watch the first 15 minutes so far but I plan to watch it all later. Curious, do you know have a new bucket list of places that you would like to go?
    @kgirlhart – Hope you can get the vaccine today. I’m on a wait list at a couple of places for if they have extra doses at the end of the day. One pharmacy called me on Friday when I was out of town. I’m bummed that I missed it but they said I would stay at the top of the wait list of extras on another day.
    @Tramboman – sounds like you’re making progress on your weight loss – congrats!
    Good luck with the job application @marisap2010!