Relapsers getting Real Healthy Accountability group- 2020-2021

Replies

• ClearNotCloudyMind
    ClearNotCloudyMind Posts: 238 Member
    Came home from school with the raging hungers! I genuinely thought I was going to need to do a rummage in the kitchen to hold me till supper.

As a holding thing, I made myself a cup of white tea as I have vague memories about it working as an appetite suppressant. Whaddayaknow it worked! Hubby now cooking dinner and I think I’m gonna make it 💪
  • SuzanneC1l9zz
    SuzanneC1l9zz Posts: 451 Member
    I'm trying to shift my daily routine around a bit, and part of that is working out earlier in the mornings. I'm up, and I did it for years, but my chair seems to have some sort of gravitational field that's sucking me in. Work in progress....

On the nutrition front I was over my calorie budget a few times last week but it was because of my birthday. I don't expect any issues getting back on track this week. I've discovered that they're telling the truth when they say it's protein that trips the satiety switch, and when they say that ravenous hunger can also be thirst in disguise. Or at least both are true for me. The more you know!
  • ClearNotCloudyMind
    Celebrating hitting “healthy weight” today! So happy and slightly shocked. I was all reconciled to dropping weight slooooooooowly as I’ve put up my calorie goal. The body is a complete mystery!

I don’t even care if I plateau here, so happy to see this side of 70kg!!!
  • SwtHedgehog
    SwtHedgehog Posts: 172 Member
    Congratulations! What a great feeling. B)
  • Gold6767
    Gold6767 Posts: 145 Member
    Wooooooooo! Congratulations @ClearNotCloudyMind that's fantastic!
    @SuzanneC1l9zz I've been changing my workouts to the morning as of late also but my couch must be friends with your chair because it is difficult to stick to get going somedays. Keep at it and calories don't count on birthdays

All the work stress came to a head today and unfortunately I cry when I'm frustrated or mad so I'm sure I look like a lunatic but oh well. I'm hoping for some more progress on the scale tomorrow, workouts have been good if I can keep my sugar-stress-binges at bay I think I'll meet my goals.
  • ClearNotCloudyMind
    Sending you hugs and encouragement @Gold6767, hope the stressful stuff resolved itself too. I also have the SoAngryIAmCrying thing, and it drives me nuts!

Am coming to the ends of my first whole week back in schools since lockdown. It’s been a real confidence boost to be in front of the class and have them behave for me. As this is the first week anyone has really seen me, no one else knows about the weight loss. But I do, and it’s like my secret superpower 😂
  • SwtHedgehog
    Gold6767: I am also i. The crying club and have gone into hysterics (at work even). I then tend to get worse because I stress even more because I "let" my emotions get the best of me.

Clear: I'm glad the first week back went well. I can't timagibe how hard it is/was for kids (and teachers) to come back to the routine and sit/concentrate for so long. I don 't have any kids, so my point of reference is clearly my own speculation.
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    MyEvolvingJourney Posts: 369 Member
    Good morning!
    I took a walk with my husband and pup this morning, which was nice. I still want to get to a park maybe today.
  • Dukare
    Dukare Posts: 144 Member
    Hey all! I'm alive! ... super stoked about that weightloss!! ... congrats!!!

I get frustrated and my temper boils and tears come.... more often than Mad and cry... which is ironic because everyone just thinks I get mad and I'm actually just really frustrated ha. I've gotten much better than I used to be, not quite so volatile lol.

Hope the anxiety and stresses dealt you all will quiet down- persevere through!!! I KNOW YA CAN! 🦸‍♀️🦸‍♀️🦹‍♂️🦹‍♂️

As for me, we are still doing lots of daily walking and I'm still beating him at bball. Mwahahaha. (Mostly cause neither of can land the shots when handed to us ha). The babe is doing well too, last few nights been more of a routine. I'm also in the bandwagon of buying better food so I'll eat them instead of junk. Idk bout you guys, but I'll crave veggies. ...I don't really eat veggies much as snacks.... yet I'm just Craving healthy foods.

I now eat tomatoes in burgers and sandwiches as of last week. PRETTY STOKED 🤣🤣🤣 I'm a child guys. Sorry 🤣🤣🤣

The husband's birthday is next Friday, babes baptism the following day and then Easter comes and we can start getting her off the medicine! 🤯🥳🥳🥳

We are also now working on saving for a house in the coming years, so that's only slightly stressing me out but now that we both have fancy jobs we can really make headway clearing our debt and saving, and it is just incredible feeling. I mean, I can eat balogne sandwiches cause I want to, not have to anymore hah. 😆😬👍

Also, I found awesome clothes at Walmart I could afford to spend money on which, hopefully even after I lose the pregnant pudge will fit perfectly for when we go to Ethiopia in the NY/Christmas window. I'm seeing myself in the mirror and it just makes me sick. I hate it so much, but I'm really thankful that the husband still finds me attractive (he knows I'm workin on it ha, and he just wants me to be healthy). Really boosts my mental health up a notch, which helps me keep in mind that I'm only Just reaching 6 months post pregnancy and thus I'm allowed to be taking it easy.

Needless to say, I'm stoked I'm still seeing the scale tip towards the down side of 225 vs up, and my body is killin for Zumba but I'm just not able to always fit it in with work and life. At least we are doing outside stuff.

Happy Weekend!! Be stellar!!💃💃💃💃🍻

• ClearNotCloudyMind
    @Dukare your posts always cheer me up, you’re so positive and happy! Let’s celebrate the tomato in the sandwiches and burgers, the clothes, the house and the meds! So glad life is going well for you.

Things are really good here too. Landed my first proper teaching job, the interview was the same day I reached normal BMI. The kids are healthy and happy and even being nice to each other! Covid seems to be slowly going away and spring is starting. So much to celebrate and enjoy at the moment.

Thinking of a few regular posters here who have gone quiet. Hope life is so fabulous you have no time for posting. Hugs if it has got hard x
  • Dukare
    @ClearNotCloudyMind CONGRATS!!!!🥳🥳
    What a day indeed! Haha. I hope you celebrated, much deserved awesome news!!

We had our own mini celebration last night- his birthday is the 19th and we were able to afford to finally pay his one credit card he hated (as his gift lol), so we had a cutting party with popcorn n a movie lol.

Three words: Girl Scout Cookies.

It's a struggle but hey. I didn't get ice cream out so I enjoyed them instead lol.

I've got the workout bug but it's daylight savings week so I'm running behind n can't workout the way I want. That being said, already midMarch. I've decided that I'll try what I can but then in May, when she's off a scheduled med life, I'll really focus on getting my morning workout in. Irregardless of whether we walk or not.

I've beaten my husband at bball 4 times now 🤣🍻, but we played some football (soccer) and he got me there.... the two games plus walking got me a good workout and my calves felt it haha.

Here's to a proactive and productive week m'friends!🥳💃😁👍
  • Dukare
    Everyone, my sister shared this with me and you all might benefit. I like generally what it has to offer!

https://www.drnorthrup.com/train-your-mind-to-lose-weight/
  • ClearNotCloudyMind
    We're lucky enough that Girl Scout Cookies aren't a thing over here. Are they a particular type of cookie, or just cute kids guilting you into buying them? Am fortunate that I live with 3 biscuit hoovers, so I don't need to eat them to make them go away!

Loving the fact that you can beat your husband at basketball. Mine has been joining me for yoga in the evenings, which is nice. He's so quick on the bike I have to kill myself to keep up or he freezes waiting for me (so it's no fun). Walks are nice but don't feel so much like exercise, even if they really really are. Hoping I'll get back within shouting distance of him on the bike as I've got the perfect commute from July...

It's going to be so good when your little one is off the meds. Sounds like you're getting a fair bit of exercise in, but agree it's hard to really cut food intake down when you're still breastfeeding. That link looks really interesting... have it in my browser but need to get supper on the table now :)
  • SwtHedgehog
    I'm in the midwest and they come about once a year. There's five or six(?) Different kinds. Growinb up, we'd sell them through friends, family, and coworkers of parents. These days (preppandemic) they set up tables at store entrances. I used to buy some and stick them in the break room when I could no longer control myself.

Things are going better again. I had two weeks where my exercise/movement dropped, but t I'm back at it and have started entering food in the diary again to be more aware of what I'm eating. We got our first dose of Moderna last Wednezdsy. I didn't realize how four weeks can feel so long when the last year has been such a blur. I feel like these days I'm a living example of Einstein's Theory of Inertia.

I hope everyone is continuing to move forward and things are going well
  • Gold6767
    Gold6767 Posts: 145 Member
    I buy girlscout cookies and immediately give them away, I have no self-control. Did you know that you can buy them online? Yeah, it's a problem. My boyfriend made me a nice lunch to bring to work today (Mediterranean chicken with rice and a tzatziki-style sauce. He's the chef in our house and I love when he cooks, but his shift was changed recently so we don't get to have many meals together these days. Had a pretty good HIIT workout this morning, but I am reminded that I've lost some progress because some things I was able to do a month ago were difficult today but I was sweaty so it's still a win.
  • Dukare
    They are indeed a dangerous bundle of goodness... but while I'm enjoying them too much, I'm also still mindful of food and exercise so whatever. Lol.

I'm waiting for the referral for a Therapist to call me (I've been dealing with PPD), and in the meantime I'm just living each day enjoying and trying.

I successfully pulled off lunch (Indian Jalfrezi which I mispelled, with meat n potaters), and dinner (lamb roast with potatoes and asparagus). She had Pumpkin for lunch. ...just ignore the laundry sitting in dryer and hamper for 3 weeks 🤣😪

Havin shorter hair makes shower time Way easier, and I'm giving myself till May (when she is off med) to just sputter and work on starting my engines. ... then in May I'm really hoping take off flying!

Time change means I'm at work right out of bed though, vs before I had at least 2 hrs from wake to work that I could workout or sleep in.... it'll get better. Always does.

Stay healthy, stay strong, stay happy!! 💃💃💃💃🤗
  • ClearNotCloudyMind
    Hi all, bit of a rollercoaster week. My classes have been angels some lessons, demons in others. Am learning but with only 9 more weeks of training before I’m a Real Teacher it’s starting to get a bit scarier.

Am happy with the weight thing, which somehow keeps ticking down. Not complaining but at a slight loss to understand how having upped my calories and started stretching can have worked so well!

Given the lack of effort and a “goal”, am hoping not to regain this weight. Will keep doing what feels good and see where it takes me.

Loving hearing about the HIIT and vaccines and lovely grub. Have never to my knowledge done a HIIT workout. They sound fierce! That chicken and tzatziki sounds fabulous, may have to dig out a recipe...

One more lesson to teach till the weekend!
  • cantaloupe432
    cantaloupe432 Posts: 6 Member
    I had lost about 15lbs prior to the pandemic. But with the pandemic, losing my job, and starting a graduate degree I haven't taken the best care of myself (physically and mentally). But after some recent personal events I've decided to get back to where I was! I miss long runs and not being self conscious about my clothes. I'm in it this time for good!! I'd love to support, motivate, and set goals with others in the same situation.
  • SuzanneC1l9zz
    SuzanneC1l9zz Posts: 451 Member
    Welcome @cantaloupe432

After keeping to my calorie goal for 2 months I took a break and ate at maintenance for 2 weeks. I didn't change my exercise. I've been back in my deficit for a week now and I weighed myself this morning, and my loss is still right on track. It's slow, but I'm already at a healthy BMI with only about 10-15 lbs to go to hit a healthy weight for my frame, so I'm fine with that.

Things otherwise are pretty boring. I'm not sure if it's real spring or fake spring but the weather's been gorgeous. I'm off the treadmill and walking in the river valley again 😀
  • ClearNotCloudyMind
    Hi @cantaloupe432 and welcome! Wish I could do long runs, just finished reading Born to Run and feeling inspired, however I've always been a DREADFUL runner. Maybe this is the year...

@SuzanneC1l9zz I definitely see you on the slow weight loss. After a bit of a whoosh over the last fortnight, I'm now pretty much resigned to a few weeks of sticky scale syndrome. On the other hand, Spring!!! We were out walking earlier and the catkins and the blossom and the birds and the smell, it's just so wonderful. For the first time this year I'm actually itching to get out on my bike. That's going to be a sobering experience.

With only 3 lessons to go (two of them already planned) before I've finished at my twin placement school, I'm starting to get a bit demob-happy! Looking forwards to my Easter break already #teacherlife