Women 200lb+, Let's Be Magnificent This March!!!

Options

Replies

• Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    alymc2 wrote: »
    Happy Friday! I am so inspired by you all. The positive thoughts and the sharing of success and struggle has opened my mind so much.

No longer ashamed of filling out my food log. Yep that is correct. I felt ashamed and would not log portions of my day or the entire day. Logging is just one tool in my toolbox to help me reach my health goal. No longer ashamed but driven.

What do you find to be the most helpful tool in your "getting healthy" toolbox?

I have a few so I'm listing them all. 😁
    Tools for Healthy Toolbox:
    1. The MFP app - The MFP community is wonderful.
    2. My food scale - I weigh everything and can't eat without it.
    3. My food diary - Glad you're no longer ashamed. It's the key to our success.
    4. My air fryer - I just LOVE it and had to include it! 😆

You're going to do great!!!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    @girlinkaz You're on a roll!!!! Congrats!
  • alymc2
    alymc2 Posts: 9 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    @goal06082021
    The lunchable idea gives me a possible plan. I get snacky mid afternoon and a lunchable type set up might help with a healthier snacky afternoon.
    I might try the planner as a way of easing/validating needed adjustments to Healthy Me Project. LOL This might help when communicating with my wellness coach too...BONUS.

Goal for the next 7 days:
    Log, honestly, everyday.
    Workout--more than counting steps-- 4 days
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I love the DIY Lunchable in concept, but in practice it's really just not enough food for a lunch unless I load it up with high-fat/high-protein stuff like multiple hard boiled eggs, peanut butter and something to dip it in/spread it on, a frankly disturbing amount of cheese, etc. Also, pro-tip: nuts do not do well in the fridge, if you're going to include nuts in your Lunchable, pack them separately and store them at room temperature. I have a bunch of little 4-oz tupperwares I use for things like nuts, fruit/veggie snacks, cold toppings like salad dressing or salsa/sour cream, and homemade yogurt cups. I buy plain Greek yogurt in the big quart-size tubs and mix in my own flavoring, like honey or fruit (either fresh fruit diced small, storebought jam, or compote/syrup I made myself). It's cheaper and less wasteful than the prepackaged single-serve cups.
  • sarah12277
    sarah12277 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    My good/bad is more of within calories or way off track/binge territory. I've been having these same discussions with my friend too. I stopped demonizing foods a long time ago, excluding my intolerances. If something fits in my calories I'll plan for it. If I'm over a bit but within a range that I'm comfortable on I feel good about that too. I'd rather be slightly over than under for me. I've been working on trying to break my friend's habit of saying her day was bad as she had 1 candy bar or whatever. I'll even answer her with - so? what's wrong with that? plan it within your day. If you'll end up having 5 if you don't have the 1, then eat the 1. It's not sinking in yet.

I've really liked the MFP communities just for that reason actually. In the past, a diet site had this one group that felt they needed to be as "clean" as possible for whatever that meant to them. I couldn't mention a treat, etc even if I had planned for it. I've really appreciated seeing those at goal that acknowledge how they're still eating whatever. For me that's sustainable

@alymc2 I'm still struggling logging on the really over days. I have no shame in the planned treats but if I'm getting into the really off track days I haven't gone back to include those yet. Logging is definitely the first step. I pretty much think of it as pre-planning so I can make sure what I'm thinking of having for the day is within range or gives me an opportunity to switch. That's my biggest tool right now - MFP diary (app or website). I guess my Apple watch would be too. I go back and check my avg energy so I can confirm what my TDEE is; just so I can confirm MFP numbers are in line.
  • alymc2
    alymc2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @Sarah122701
    You are a great friend and support! The reality of an entire day is not bad over simple things is great! I have found myself in that trap MANY times.

I would cherish the ability to pre-plan the day but life gets in the way A LOT. My hubby is not in the greatest health. Many times we plan for him to help with playing taxi to the kids or doing the shopping and by the end of the day his body has changed the plan and I am on the total crazy train. These are the worst moments. I end up grabbing something from which ever fast food place has the shortest line and keep on going. I need to look into food ideas that are always car ready and healthier but no idea where to start.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    alymc2 wrote: »
    @Sarah122701
    You are a great friend and support! The reality of an entire day is not bad over simple things is great! I have found myself in that trap MANY times.

I would cherish the ability to pre-plan the day but life gets in the way A LOT. My hubby is not in the greatest health. Many times we plan for him to help with playing taxi to the kids or doing the shopping and by the end of the day his body has changed the plan and I am on the total crazy train. These are the worst moments. I end up grabbing something from which ever fast food place has the shortest line and keep on going. I need to look into food ideas that are always car ready and healthier but no idea where to start.

An Egg McMuffin with bacon is actually not a terrible fast-food choice - it's under 300 calories, with a decent macro split (if you care about that). Sausage is a little heavier, closer to 400 cal, still likely not day-ruining if you're replacing a planned meal. Since you know that hitting the drive-thru on short notice is a thing that happens fairly often, it may be worth figuring out a standard go-to order for those places that you know is going to be X number of calories.

Take a look at the nutrition info for your local fast food places; they all make that info publicly available on their websites. Always pull directly from the restaurant's website to make sure you have the most up-to-date info, Google sometimes pulls super old documents that are still floating around the web. By the same token, double-check the MFP entry you use to make sure it is also up to date.
  • Kaken21
    Kaken21 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Stepped on the scale and I was up 2 and a half pounds since Wednesday. I know I didnt eat that much it's probably from the salt from St. Patrick's Day food but it really hurt to see. I know that if I keep doing what I'm doing I'll see the number go back down. Ugh!!
  • pearsonlinda30
    pearsonlinda30 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    @hap2go that sounds rough, its good you where their for the family and stayed mostly on track

@goal06082021 thanks for the encouragement ,
  • sarah12277
    sarah12277 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    @alymc2 As the others mentioned, when you have a moment check out the fast food menus online. They’re very helpful. Some even have builders so you can remove things as necessary. I’m always looking at them just for checking ingredients. When I’m traveling I know I’ll usually have my go to things. Long time ago I also made a list of the items that fell within a certain calorie range I wanted. Sure it may change but you’ll have some examples to stick to after a while. When my family goes out to restaurants for dinner we’ve kept to the same places that I can do the same thing. Or at the very least I know I have 600-700 etc calories for dinner as I’ve already logged breakfast & lunch. Many places seem to have the calories on the menu as a guide if they’re a chain. If they’re not, there’s usually a chain that is similar that MFP has. Many times it’s planning for the next visit to be more prepared of the likely options you would want to choose. Even on a regular week, I like to have some easy prepared meals that fit within my numbers. For me that’s breakfast cookies, chicken or tuna salad kits, and for a dinner starter – mac & cheese. Just finding things you like to see if they can be kept in the car so they’re ready if you really need to stay away from the fast food that day.

My husband informed me he needs to go to urgent care after work tonight. Something happened to his finger but he has no clue. Dinner is a bit up in the air but I’ll be using my guidelines. I’ve already logged one place so we’ll have to see if that’s reality or if we’ll go elsewhere.
  • Spotteddingo
    Spotteddingo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    @Kaken21 I am up 1.5# since Sunday and frustrated too. Hopefully it is water weight and will come back off!
  • Kaken21
    Kaken21 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    @Spotteddingo I sure hope so! I definitely ate different the last few days but definitely not enough to gain weight especially multiple pounds! Let me know if yours comes back down in the next few days.
  • Spotteddingo
    Spotteddingo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    @mumof6sv
    I am so sorry to hear about your losses. Be kind to yourself and take good care.
  • girlinkaz
    girlinkaz Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    @mumof6sv I’m so sorry for your losses. Hang in there.
  • finngirl61
    finngirl61 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    @mumof6sv - sorry also for your losses. It's good to refocus for April and listen- overall, you're still 28 lbs down!! That's great. Don't be too hard on yourself. ❤