• Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Happy Wednesday!
    Machka- Whoa! Looks like you are in the eye of it! Hang tight and I hope all goes well!
    Beth- Not sure if you are on and reading; but I agree with Margaret! Take your time, and know that you are in my thoughts and prayers daily! Sending love and hugs to you (((( <3 ))))
    Heather- I think that is the problem with electric cars and the hybrid cars; you really have to know what you are doing to work on them. Gone are the days where you see people working on their cars in the driveway.
    Terri- Tim and I went down to one car a few years ago. WE got rid of the mini van and kept the jeep. It didn't take us long to realize that we should have kept the mini van for the simple reason that it had more room to use for moving items, travel, family (when we are all together), etc. Other than that, because I work at home, one car has been an easy adjustment.
    Pip- Ugh! Sorry about the trailer mess. That is a big mistake for a company to make. Good idea on the tracking.
    REbecca- Your salads always look delish! If the downed branches are outside your lot, think of them as wildlife habitats. They might look messy; but they probably house a lot of animals and critters. I would def go out and roll some of those logs over to find some salamanders or other fun things. Also...remember not to clean up too quickly. Lots of bugs (mantis, walking sticks, butterflies, bees) winter in stick/leaf piles. They wake up/hatch once the temps are constant above 50.

Thinking of music; what is the strangest song/lyric that has stayed in your head? Like most people, tv commercials and tv show theme songs still occupy a corner of my mind. (Gilligan's Island theme song). However, the oddest song/lyric that has stayed in my head is from an episode of Gilligan's Island. When a band called the Mosquitos vacation on the island and to convince the band to take them all back with them, the girls form a group called The Honeybees and sing a song called "You Need Me". lol That song, for whatever reason, has embedded itself firmly in my brain. I had forgotten about it until a couple of years ago, when my weekend daycare kiddo discovered Gilligan and that episode came up. The girls started singing and the song ended and I said, "Hey! They skipped a whole verse!" lol

ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

"It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade. - Charles Dickens
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    I didn't go back to work last night, therefore woke up at 1 am, 2 am, 3 am , went to work at 4! Apparently I was anxious about things not done yet! Home to get ready for work now. Did have two mature deer run in front of me on way home. They were beautiful especially since I saw them before I hit them! I need to check out a program so I can log into my work computer from home.......
    Barrett Jackson starts today on tv. Other than Christmas, this is the week I am most glued to tv. I love the cars.
    Speaking of cars, we have two pickups, my flex, the Shelby, and a T-bird! I am the only driver. There are battery tenders on all but one pickup that is driven daily. I keep thinking I should get rid of my Flex, but other than insurance, it doesn't cost much to sit in garage. It comes in handy for road trips with the ladies. There is a car for every occasion😂

HUGS to ALL!
    Stay safe!
    Make the best decisions you can at the moment.
    😙
    Kylia in Ohio where it is cloudy today
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,967 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Machka- Whoa! Looks like you are in the eye of it! Hang tight and I hope all goes well!

It's been raining all day and heavy rain predicted all night long.

Rhody wants us to turn off the irrigation system so he can go outside!!

KJLaMore wrote: »
    Thinking of music; what is the strangest song/lyric that has stayed in your head? Like most people, tv commercials and tv show theme songs still occupy a corner of my mind. (Gilligan's Island theme song). However, the oddest song/lyric that has stayed in my head is from an episode of Gilligan's Island. When a band called the Mosquitos vacation on the island and to convince the band to take them all back with them, the girls form a group called The Honeybees and sing a song called "You Need Me". lol That song, for whatever reason, has embedded itself firmly in my brain. I had forgotten about it until a couple of years ago, when my weekend daycare kiddo discovered Gilligan and that episode came up. The girls started singing and the song ended and I said, "Hey! They skipped a whole verse!" lol

ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

One of the downsides of the lyrics "superpower" is that I remember many TV commercials and theme songs. Now that I think about it, maybe that's one of the up-sides of not having a TV until I was about 17!!

I find myself singing all the commercials ... the first few notes come on, and I'm off. Halfway through I stop myself. No ... I do not want to be singing commercials! I don't want to use up brain space on commercial lyrics. But there they are.

Incidentally, one of the ways I study is to convert my notes into a song and sing it to myself a few times. It sticks better that way.

Anyway, strange ones ... here you go!

https://youtu.be/UnO8HPCwOXc

https://youtu.be/Uw-l_LzcNLo

Machka in Oz
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,951 Member
    Options
    :) When I was working on some household bookkeeping, I took the time to see what we'd spent for fuel in 2020 when we stayed home so much. Our fuel cost in 2020 was half of what we spent in 2019 and a third of what we spent in 2018.

:) We go to the grocery store once a week for curbside grocery pickup. Jake goes to the chiropractor twice a month. There are occasional trips to the library, bank, post office, doctor, dentist, but nothing else. I think I go out by myself about once a month.

:) I went for my mammogram yesterday. I found the mask a bit of a problem, but otherwise it went well. They are so nice. While I was gone, Jake got out the hoses and the bird bath and cut the grass.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,272 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    KJ - It's just a normal petrol engine car. Not electric.
    Barbara - Guess what? He didn't sleep well last night because his bad back was playing up. ;):*;)

We don't need a car for anything. Everything is walkable or busable. My large grocery order is delivered. I haven't even been in a car since December 2019. I haven't driven for two and a half years. I hate cars. DH needs it for cricket, that's all. Cricket is unlikely to start for a while yet. I can’t see myself going on a long car journey ever again. :/

Spent a very frustrating morning trying to format my memoir. Grrr! But at least I've launched into it on the laptop. That's progress in itself. Felt panicky and annoyed the whole time.

Might trim DH'S hair this afternoon before the Zoom with my girlfriends. My difficult friend was called in at very short notice this morning for her second vaccination. She's the only one I know who's had both. Our government is asking us to wait 12 weeks between doses.. I expect they had extra Pfizer defrosted and needed arms.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,215 Member
    Options
    Weekly shopping done.
    Groceries decontaminated.
    Outdoor walk done.

Time for lunch
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,967 Member
    Options
    Beautiful botanical gardens ... in less rainy times ...

I walk here from time to time at lunch. :)

d4eo7kemce5i.png
    s2vd4anjn5pk.png
    9fw9yvi6fqjl.png

Machka in Oz
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    ☀️🌹🌷
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,068 Member
    Options
    M Hoping you are not getting the flood I have seen on the news. We are getting rain here too. Nothing like what you have.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Pip: I’m sorry for the trailer problems with the manufacturer.
    I hope it is straightened out by them ASAP. :grumble: You deserve better! :star:

Machka: It looks like a good time to put your bikes on trainers and ride in the living room. I hope your area does not get flooding. :star:

Lisa: I would not sing at Karaoke night, but I might lip-sinc. I have a tin ear and can’t sing well at all. I’m pretty good at off-key. :ohwell:

KJ: The song that sticks in my head was recorded by Herman’s Hermits—“I’m ‘enery the eighth, I am . . . :wink:

We did a thorough shopping trip yesterday and went to three stores. We’re well stocked at this point. DH & I have six days until our second vaccinations. I look forward to getting them done. I want to go to the stable, and to yoga classes at the fitness club. These are things that make me happy and improve my health. It has been a very long time since I have been able to go to either place. The next vaccination near the end of the month will be a blessing.

Katla in rainy NW Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,592 Member
    Options
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I’ve really enjoyed reading everyone’s responses to this, so here are mine.

What would you sing at Karaoke night? Or what types of songs do you know all/most of the lyrics of?

I would just sing my two Italian arias I know.

What two radio stations (genres) do you listen to in the car (or at home or at work) the most?

Its normally classic rock, or if its long drive we listen to classic country.

If you could join any past or current music group which would you want to join?

I personally think STING and I could sing perfectly together!

Do you play any musical instruments? Even just a little bit?

I can play piano but its mostly by ear (turning to the side...bang, bang). Nah, my songs are like music you'd hear at a trendy cafe' or art gallery opening. Husband calls it upscale elevator music!

Do you take music lessons right now? If not, have you in the past and what type?

I don't, but would love to take voice lessons. I took them in high school, and then in college. I took piano lessons to learn the basics in grade school, but my sister was always hogging the piano so I kind of lost interest. She had to learn so many pieces being an accompanist for girls glee, boys glee, and choir. Plus all the pieces she was learning from her piano teacher.

💖 Rebecca
    Whidbey island
    Washington
  • Whidislander
    Options
    KJ (Kelly), ok you typed the words bugs, and critters, and my brain heard ahhhhhheeeeeekkkk! 😜😁😂
    Ok I need to paint you a funny picture. Picture a nice sunny day, the birds are chirping, the bees buzzing. Perfect. Now insert Rebecca into the picture. She's about 8 yrs old. She peeks out, and stands on the porch, then sees a spider on a plant, she runs down the steps to the backyard! She then notices a spider on the wood pile! She then runs to the play house, (my dad had extra wood so it was a house with a floor, and roof but no electricity), anywhooo she sees the flies on the floor and screams! As she catches her breath a bee spies her, buzzing around her lazily. She screams and dramatically runs back into the house! The End.😋😂😂😂😂

Silly right? I still run in terror if I hear a bee. I can deal with spiders, but if they're big, I yell for Lee in a tone that implies that I'm dying.😜. As a child I ended my day every single night, by looking in every corner of my bedroom, and checking my pillow. For spiders.
    😳😁 Rebecca
    A loon on an island!
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Yes I declare myself a salad queen, along with self appointing myself as a soup queen.😋👑
    💖 Rebecca
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Rebecca - I am fond of honey bees and welcome them in my garden but yellow jackets are aggressively mean. They cause me to get out the bug traps & Raid. 🤨🐝 They seem to get aggressive toward the end of summer.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,985 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    I didn't go back to work last night, therefore woke up at 1 am, 2 am, 3 am , went to work at 4! Apparently I was anxious about things not done yet! Home to get ready for work now. Did have two mature deer run in front of me on way home. They were beautiful especially since I saw them before I hit them! I need to check out a program so I can log into my work computer from home.......
    Barrett Jackson starts today on tv. Other than Christmas, this is the week I am most glued to tv. I love the cars.
    Speaking of cars, we have two pickups, my flex, the Shelby, and a T-bird! I am the only driver. There are battery tenders on all but one pickup that is driven daily. I keep thinking I should get rid of my Flex, but other than insurance, it doesn't cost much to sit in garage. It comes in handy for road trips with the ladies. There is a car for every occasion😂

HUGS to ALL!
    Stay safe!
    Make the best decisions you can at the moment.
    😙
    Kylia in Ohio where it is cloudy today

we just watched the shows about The Green Hornet(I think it was) and Little Red by Barrett Jackson- I had never heard of him but one of the guys that is on the show is a really close friend of my husbands. Friends for 44 yrs. He even helped Paul with some of the pictures in his book.Paul wrote a few books about Mustangs- he was a big part in them in the research for the two cars.

We too have too many cars. Can't even fit them all here. We have to keep his pickup at his mom's and if our son gets a car(along with his truck), I think the Quest will have to go over to his mom's too. We also have my new car- the Sentra and husbands Milan. I work from home and he works 5 min from home. The van is great on road trips or hauling stuff when the weather is bad and we don't want to use the truck. We could easily get rid of the van and his truck and be fine.
    Debbie