Machka9 Posts: 24,898 Member
    Options
    :p:smiley:

r0debu7vx1uh.png
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, J1t Interpath permissions, 6.5 hrs decluttering office prepping donation.
    Bonus: setup “neverlost” keyfinder app/device onto car keys, tested, decided to donate, updated god daughter’s contact with children’s bday info.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, deliver donation, Post Office, bank, recycling, call D re: sticky keyboard, Norton and windows updates, call S, fire district: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; FM Cu, watch STAS Day 20, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers), First week in April: call Wild Rivers (541 247 3514) for dog wash/nail trim appointments.
    Mindful March:
    24: Appreciate your hands and the things they are able to do for you: good reminder. Have been feeling negative about my peeling, flaking, splitting nails when I should be grateful for being able to type, prep food, wash dishes and stroke the dogs without pain. Lucky me!

Spent almost all day tackling the pile of clutter in the office. Ended up with 4 boxes to donate, bigger pile of papers on the keyboard, two more boxes and a pile of pictures/art to go through. This is why I hate decluttering. :cry: Waah! Releasing my favorite HomeGardener™ lavender leather garden gloves back to the universe. Fingertips worn through and they’re falling apart. Can’t find replacements Googling. Here’s a video of them in a happier day. Breeeeeaaaaathe

Machka the milk commercial had me singing “K-k-k-aaatie, beautiful Katie, you’re the only g-g-girl that I adore….” That “things you don’t need to feel guilty about” was just what I needed to see. Thank you.
    Heather wish I could come help you format your memoir. You’d have to leave me alone with it to concentrate, but then after we could walk to all the lovely places you’ve shown us and end up tasting that AF red wine… ;)
    Rebecca which arias? Yes, I can definitely see you in a duet with Sting ;)
    Pip :love: Minnie the Meerkat! Bette 2.0? hmm, I like Minnie the Meerkat better, humming ”Minnie the Moocher…a lowdown, hoochie coocher… Hi dee hi dee hi dee hay…” Awesome quilts!
    Carol, good question to pip and spot on what you said to Michele. So sad.
    Tina, exploding percolators, yikes! Hope you didn’t get scalded.
    Lisa 45 minutes chainsawing that’s a lot, especially considering how long you’ve been under the weather. Patience, grasshopper, patience… ;) You really don’t want a setback.
    Barbie will add your dog petting to my list of things I miss, but most is hugging.
    Tracey from your mouth to God’s ear. Joe can drop pounds in days, just changing one thing, and keep them off despite doughnuts. Sheesh.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    March: leaner/stronger/kinder than January and February.
    daily: sit with Joe: 21, weigh: 24, steps>5627=4372 vits=24, log=24, CI<CO=21, CI<250<CO=14, Tumble=19 Shadow=16 mfp=24 outside=14 up hill=13
    wkly: BB&B, T’ai Chi=4 or SWSY or wii=6 x5= rx=3 dance= clean 60 mins=6.25 packwalk=4, wt=2/28:142.4, 3/7:144.4 waah! :sad:, 3/14:140.7 :bigsmile:, 3/21 143.3 :rage:, 3/28 , 3/31 .
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=1 , 21 plan= bonus: AF=11 play=7 sew= waist=42.5
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,610 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday, Barbie!
    Machka- that is so funny and true!
    <3
    Kylia
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Barbie 🎂🎂

Kate UK ❤️
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Barbie!

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,709 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Barbie !!! Many happy returns of the day...
    Didnt sleep well but thats nothing unusual..going to be in the low 70s today and its warm enough to have my windows and slider open.. its wonderful... its still cloudy but will burn off..
    Moved stuff around so the guy putting a.c. in today has room to get around.
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    Barbie -
    Happy birthday!

To all who commented: Thank you for the reminders that I am not super woman, and your counseling to patience.

In my defense, it was a very small chainsaw...
    :blush:
    But yes, I want to physically regain where I was two springs ago, and need reminding that, if I can make that happen at all, it will take time and small steps. I may have noted I'm not terribly patient. Understatement of the highest caliber, that.

I slept longer and better last night than I have in a long time, and was actually woken by Corey's alarm, so I obviously need that strenuous outdoor work obviously. I just need to sneak up on it a little better. Nothing new there. All or nothing, zero to 60 (or vice versa).

The weight is also beginning to inch downward, I'm three pounds lighter than last week, though still four pounds heavier than I was at the beginning of the month.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,221 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Barbie - I add my voice to the chorus of birthday wishes! <3

It was so beautiful and sunny first thing this morning that I decided to get out early for my 5k run. Gorgeous. B) It was relatively busy for the time of day. People catching the rays. I counted 30 people swimming! :o:o:o
    I came home and rowed for 25 minutes to make up my usual morning 600.

While I was out I listened to my Soul Music podcasts again. This time it was Feeling Good and Ravel's Pavane. Fascinating learning about them both and what they mean to people.
    Tracey - I think you would really enjoy this series. If you download the Sounds app you have access to all the BBC radio. Search for Soul Music and there all the series can be found.

Singing Zoom today. I've made a soup for lunch from left over asparagus stalks and the outside celery stalks, and onions. A chunk of sourdough and some tasty cheddar and we're good to go.
    Then it's my food delivery.
    Having chorizo and lentil stew for dinner.

Barbara - How I would love that! You would be a lifesaver. Plus excellent company. I might be tempted to open a bottle of real wine though. We have some excellent south Italian. B)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Lisa- girl I feel ya ,I want to get my stamina and myself back on track yes i have been through the mill but will keep working at it...
    Once the weather is nicer ill be able to get Alfie back and he will keep me busy...
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Barbie!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,898 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) Wow, thank you all for the Happy Birthday wishes. This is one of those milestone birthdays. I remember when my mother had this birthday, she had been lying about her age for decades and had told people that she wasn't having any more birthdays so when this birthday came, everyone ignored it and she got sad and angry. I am grateful to still be alive, walking, dancing, speaking in complete sentences, taking care of important things.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

P.S. I couldn't run a chain saw for 45 minutes or even 5.

Happy birthday!
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Well i found touched by an angel on tv.. my parents favorite show...when my mom was on her last legs i told her mom the kids and I will be ok if Andrew comes to see you go ahead ,and we will see each other again.. that was 21 yrs ago.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,745 Member
    Options
    Heather - thank you for the suggestion of the Soul Music podcasts. I have made note and will have a listen.

Barbie - Happy Birthday.

Allie - I loved all of the shows that you watch. I haven't seen them in years, but wish there was some that came back.

Off to work,
    Tracey in Edmonton
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,556 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    My t-shirt quilt was here waiting for me. It’s hanging by Kirbys quilt. It has shirts from my Amazon days, riding and running days and volunteer days for MS

8cpyfnen6sfd.jpeg
    a0b4nm8kisnn.jpeg
    6mwutdkw15a6.jpeg

Did you get someone to make that for you?

Yes. I left the T-shirts’ with her in Washington before we moved here. Told her to take her time and give to me when she was ready
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    My sister recommended that I listen to Disturbed singing The Sound of Silence this morning on Youtube and I must say that he has a wonderful voice! :)

Barbie
    Add my voice to all the Happy Birthday wishers! <3

I must say that lately I have been receiving friend requests from some of those risque posters and I just delete them.

It's a rainy day in Georgia! I have one tulip that may bloom and I saw one flower on one of my azalea bushes. Guess Spring has finally arrived! ;)

Carol in GA
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,566 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    My t-shirt quilt was here waiting for me. It’s hanging by Kirbys quilt. It has shirts from my Amazon days, riding and running days and volunteer days for MS

Did you get someone to make that for you?

Yes. I left the T-shirts’ with her in Washington before we moved here. Told her to take her time and give to me when she was ready

She did a lovely job. Those are beautiful quilts.

I am hanging in there. Up at my mom's this week for a mask free visit! Hooray. It hasn't been super relaxing, but my son and I have gone kayaking each day, and plan to do so again today and one more time tomorrow before we leave. We have taken Harley (the puppy) with us. She is adorable in her life jacket, but she is a little suspicious of the activity. Her personality can be described as: "This is new. I hate it!" Insert anything she's never seen before for "this." Kind of drives me crazy.

Happy birthday, Barbie!!

Flea
    Temporarily on the Olympic Peninsula, WA State
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbie: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Kylia: Thanks for the advice. I was an only child and when mom passed, everything became mine. Our kids are not “only” children, and we need a proper will to make sure all is fair and goes where we want it to go. Taxes first, and ours aren’t done yet. :ohwell:

Michele: I am sorry you are hurting. :cry:

Machka: “textual ambiguity” is hilarious! Thank you!!! :bigsmile:

Barbara: Thanks for the link!!! I’ve been a Vitamin D3 fan for many years. I live above the 45th parallel and have a summer birthday. Milk in our area has vitamin D3 added, although I’m not much of a milk drinker I love cottage cheese and it also has D3. Vitamin supplements are on my daily list. :star:

Flea: I hope your visit in Washington is happy. :star:

I am still battling tiny ants in our shower. I am planning to take up my electric tea kettle and see what good boiling water will do. I am also still using Raid. :grumble: NEVER GIVE UP!

Katla in NW Oregon

• sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    sh0tzz99 wrote: »
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    K

Tina--WOW!! So glad you were not hurt any worse. What happened? Does not sound like a fun way to start the day.

Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND NE <3

I suspect the tube that perc's the water up through the grounds was clogged and it just built up too much pressure. I had enough grounds in my hair to make a bit of coffee in the shower, but otherwise I seem unscathed.

Tina in CA

No glass shattering? I had the image that the coffee pot exploded!

It just blew the lid open. But the "pot" is plastic...still would have hurt if it hit me.
  • sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 946 Member
    Options

Tina - I bet you are grateful it wasn’t a worse injury for you or DH.

Tracey in Edmonton

Yes, very happy. The mister was not in the kitchen at the time, thankfully.