(Closed Group) Confidence for Christmas Challenge!

Options

Replies

• MrsBrosco
    Options
    WEEK FOUR: Melissa

Challenge Starting Weight: 172.6#
    Current Weight: 172.4#
    Difference: -.2
    Christmas Goal Weight: 149#
    Current Size: 14
    Goal Size: 10
    Aprox Minutes of Weekly Exercise: 0

Highs of last week: Keeping my goals in mind and getting back into the swing of eating right.

Lows of last week: Baking 150 Cupcakes and sampling them all. Not exercising.

How to Improve (the lows): I know damn well what my cupcakes taste like, no need to sample them all. I need to get my *kitten* to do some sort of exercising!

Tricks: No eating after 8:00pm- this seems to have really started to help me get back on track. It helps me start my next day feeling better.

Nothing tastes as good as SKINNY feels, Nothing tastes as good as SKINNY feels, NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS SKINNY FEELS!!!! Repeat, Repeat, Repeat!
  • berv0009
    berv0009 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    WEEK FOUR: Nat

Challenge Starting Weight: 149
    Current Weight: ?
    Difference: ?
    Christmas Goal Weight: 135

Aprox Minutes of Weekly Exercise: 160

Highs of last week: I did well with exercising 4 days last week! I started the 30 day shred!

Lows of last week: I had too much fun over the weekend and didn't stick to my guns on eating the way I should!

How to Improve (the lows): no more tailgating HAHA

FYI - I am not weighing myself until the end of the 30 day shred. I just feel annoyed with the scale and I want to take my measurements and see how that goes instead!!!!!!!!!! hoping for a big loss at the end of this? lol fingers crossed.
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
    :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: NO SCALE CHALLENGE:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

I have decided that stepping on the scale every morning is doing NOTHING for my motivation. In fact it is bringing me down on a regular basis. The weird part is that if I step on the scale and see a loss i'm still frustrated because "it's not enough."

I have challenged myself to only stepping on the scale on MONDAY MORNINGS from here on out. What does the number on the scale really mean anyway? Truthfully, there are days that I wake up feeling great about how I look and feel in the mirror and then I step on the scale and it's shattered by a gain. I'm sick of letting the scale set the tone for my day everyday.

Who's with me? :drinker:

I'm with you!! Except for this Friday, it's my birthday and I really wanted to hit my 75 pound mark by my birthday, so I will step on the scale on friday just to see if I reached my mini goal. Otherwise, I am in the rest of the way!!!
  • maygs
    maygs Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    WEEK Four: Mayra
    Challenge Starting Weight: 230.2
    Current Weight: 222.4
    Difference: +1 :sad:
    Christmas Goal Weight: 199
    Current Size: 18
    Goal Size: 16
    Aprox Minutes of Weekly Exercise: 220
    Highs of last week: Even though I was with family I worked out.
    Lows of last week: Not enough exercise, and I gained. Plus to top it off i accidently left my workout dvds at my moms house.
    How to Improve (the lows): Get more excersice in this week...have to work it out!
    Tricks: I have a pair of jeans and a dress on my closet door so every time I go into my room I see them and they make me want to keep at it
    Piece of Clothing I'm dying to get into: A pretty turquoise dress that is hanging on my closet door for insperation
  • smlamb33
    Options
    Hey everyone! Just wanted to write a quick note to let y'all know I'm changing my goals...originally I said I wanted to be under 200 by Christmas (for this challenge), but seeing as it's 9/11 and I'm 213, I think I can make it to 199 by Thanksgiving! So my new Christmas goal is 194 :) It's going to be tough, but I know I can do it, especially with a community like y'all here!

Anyone else here hoping to get to 199 before 2012?

I am so hoping to hit my 100 pound weight loss mini goal by Christmas but, I would love to be in One-derland by Halloween, now another mini goal! Thanks for the inspiration! Here's hoping!!
  • smlamb33
    Options
    WEEK 3 - Stephanie

Challenge Starting Weight: 220

Current Weight: 211

Difference: - 9 pounds

Christmas Goal Weight: 185

Pounds to go until my Christmas Goal Weight: 26

Aprox Minutes of Exercise: 45 min a day

Highes of last week: Had Chinese Food for dinner and stayed under my calories.

Lows of last week: Felt kind of sick after eating the Chinese food.

How to Improve (the lows): Go back to ordering my steamed chicken and broccoli when eating Chinese food.

Tips or Tricks:
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    WEEK FOUR: Nat

Challenge Starting Weight: 152
    Current Weight: ? I hope it is still 151 lol.. I forgot to weigh in
    Difference: ?
    Christmas Goal Weight: 140

Aprox Minutes of Weekly Exercise: this week it is MY GOAL to do 120

High - I did alot of non exercising fun ( VEGAS )
    Lows - Ate badly

How to Improve (the lows): Think of going out to eat/bar as a reward, If I didnt put the work in that day I have no business going over my calories

Goals for this week: EAT Healthy. I am thinkibng about starting a no/low card diet. hmm. I FREAKIN LOVE BREAD
  • officernorton
    officernorton Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Week 3 - OfficerNorton

Challenge Starting Weight: 240

Current Weight: 230

Difference: -10

Christmas Goal Weight: 200

Aprox Minutes of Exercise: 3 hrs of misc.

Highs: Although I am working night shift I am still abl to get in all my calories and workouts :)

Lows: Nothing to report. Life is good and I am very happy with my slow but steady weight loss.
  • NurseLocke
    NurseLocke Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Amanda - Week 4
    SW: 200
    CW: 199.1
    GW:150

So, I didn't weigh in last week because I was frustrated. I went back up to the dreaded 200's (205.0 to be exact!) BUT I dropped almost 6# in a week.

Highs: Increased my water intake =)
    Lows: Vending machine food. =(

Goal for next week: 195#
  • mrspenton2009
    mrspenton2009 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Week 4: Sheila

Challenge starting weight: 322
    Last weeks weight: 315.7
    Current weight: 314.2
    Difference: 1.5
    Total loss: 7.8

amount of exercise last week maybe 2 hours....:grumble:
    Highs of last week: NSV brought a dress in my size that was huge on me, purchased a scale and a jump rope!!!!
    Lows of last week: Didn't get out much at all to exercise :cry: ..but I started my week out great :bigsmile:

How to improve the lows: Work out no matter what. 30 minutes per day at least!!
    Goals for this week: MORE WATER.....will not skip a day of exercise.
  • xjlishey1
    Options
    Week 4 - Jlishey

Challenge starting weight: 226
    Current Weight: 223.8
    Difference: - 2.2
    Christmas Goal Weight: 175
    Aprox. minutes of Exercise: 325 minutes
    Highs of last week.. NONE
    Lows of last week: EVRYTHING
    How to improve: CUT BACK ON THE CARBS AND FOCUS MORE ON MY EATING THAN EXERCISE. LAST WEEK SUCKED..O'WELL THIS IS A NEW DAY....MOVING FORWARD!
  • hperowl
    hperowl Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Week 3: Heather

Challenge Starting Weight: 200

Current Weight: 197

Difference: -3

Christmas Goal Weight: 169

Aprox Minutes of Exercise: 30 - 60 minutes a day x 6

Highs of last week: I didn't gain any weight

Lows of last week: DIDN'T LOOSE ANY WEIGHT! Knee still bothering me and I had two trips out of town because of daughters surgery

How to Improve (the lows): exercise more and eat at home more.

Tips or Tricks: VEGGIES! VEGGIES! VEGGIES! WATER! WATER! WATER!

Ultimate Goal: To wear a size 8 Current size: 16

9682602.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Sweetpeagrl
    Sweetpeagrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    WEEK FOUR: Ashley

CHALLENGE STARTING WEIGHT: 204
    LAST WEEKS WEIGHT: 197
    CURRENT WEIGHT: 196
    DIFFERENCE: -8 (overall)
    CHRISTMAS GOAL WEIGHT: 150
    CURRENT SIZE: 14
    GOAL: 7-9
    APROX MINUTES OF WEEKLY EXERCISE: 120
    HIGHS OF LAST WEEK: Being stuck in bed after surgery longer than expected but not eating everything just cause I was bored. Being able to still lose 1 pound.
    LOWS OF LAST WEEK: Being one ovary lighter than the week before (looking at the pictures from the doctor today, my ovary itself looks like it weight a pound. That's probably where my loss came in cause I sure didn't exercise any. ha)
    HOW TO IMPROVE (THE LOWS): Nothing really. Surgery is done and recovery is going great. I am planning to start 30 day shred next week after I give myself another week to heal a little more.
  • lookpretty
    lookpretty Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Having a fight with the scale, didnt post last week becausde at one point then ite before I 2 poiunds down then the next morning back to 158.2, this week 3 pounds down then this morning 157.6, Im not sure what to do about the scale being accurate, I am progressing though not as fast as Id like, am going to start logging food relgiously again and maybe my energy is back up enough to excercise, been pretty ill
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm late y'all! I don't have internet at home and can't post on message boards on my phone, so I'm a day late reporting at work :)

Week 3 - Emily

Challenge Starting Weight: 219.9
    Current Weight: 213.2
    Difference from last week: 1.9
    Total lost during challenge: 6.7
    Christmas Goal Weight: 194 (new goal! dropped from 199 to 194 - hoping to make 199 by Thanksgiving!)
    Aprox Minutes of Exercise: 386
    Highs of last week: getting a new phone yesterday which will making logging even easier now :)
    Lows of last week: working a random night shift on the weekend which completely threw off my routine. I don't see how people do that regularly!!!
    How to Improve (the lows): I hopefully won't have to work night shift again :)
    Tips or Tricks: Plan out exercise at the beginning of the week and stick to the plan
  • emmabeckemeyer1
    emmabeckemeyer1 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Sorry I am late!
    Week 4: Emma

Challenge Starting Weight: 150
    Current Weight: 145.2
    Difference: -0.2
    Aprox Minutes of Exercise: this week I exercised 778 minutes!
    Highes of last week: I reached my mini-goal of 700 minutes exercised last week!
    Lows of last week: My Sunday eating was pathetic!
    How to Improve (the lows): cut back on the carbs
    Tips or Tricks: make a mini goals you can attain while working for an overall big goal
    Ultimate Goal: My goal is to complete my Olympic distance triathlon September 18! My BIG goal is to get in shape and feel good about myself
  • serendipitydoda
    serendipitydoda Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Week 3: Julie
    Challenge Starting Weight : 174.2
    Current Weight: 172.8
    Difference from last week: +1.2
    Mission Sexy Boots (piece of clothing I'm dying to get into): 2.5 inches too small around calves
    Aprox. Minutes of Exercise: 45
    Highs of last week: Hmmm....I can't think of one.... I kinda fell off the wagon, but not all the way?
    Lows of last week: Didn't log in for quite a few days....which means I wasn't as accountable
    How to Improve (the lows): Do it no matter what!!
    Tips or Tricks: It's okay to have a few bad days as long as it doesn't turn into a few bad weeks (or months)!
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    WEEK FOUR

Challenge Starting Weight: 286

Current Weight: 278.6

Weight Last Week: 282

Difference: - 3.4 lbs!

Christmas Goal Weight: 260

Pounds to go until my Christmas Goal Weight: 18.6!

Aprox Minutes of Exercise: 60 minutes of exercise, 5 times a week...so 300 minutes.

Highes of last week: portion control! i struggled to finish meals.

Lows of last week: there weren't any that i could find, actually. it was a good week.

How to Improve (the lows): N/A.

Tips or Tricks: N/A
  • jllipson
    Options
    WEEK 3: Jennifer

Challenge Starting Weight: 218.0
    Current Weight: 210.0
    Difference: 8.0
    Christmas Goal Weight: 175
    Approx Minutes of Exercise: 400 minutes, lots of walking - 2 boot camps.
    Highs of last week: Lost despite numerous times eating out....
    Lows of last week: Ate out way too much!
    How to Improve (the lows): Tell myself no!
    Tips or Tricks: Clean eating would make this weight go away faster!

Sorry I'm late... busy and too tired last night to come to forums - just stopping in quick tonight to update, then off to beddy bye!
  • MrsBrosco
    Options
    :devil: :devil: :devil: Halloween Challenge:devil: :devil: :devil:

1. What is your goal weight for Halloween?
    2. What will you gain by getting to this goal?
    3. What is your Halloween tradition?
    4. What are you planning to dress up as this year?
    5. What is your favorite thing about the Fall Season?

Good luck everyone! We can totally rock some costumes this year!

Keep up the good work Ladies. I'm struggling right now but promise to be back on track ASAP!