WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2021

barbiecat
barbiecat Posts: 16,902 Member
5lx74dp2ozpp.jpg
r92odxo7xvx0.jpg

:) I am ready for a new month and a new start. I have lots of good habits that I want to keep and lots of new things that I want to add to my life.

:) My journey to health and fitness has been helped so much by having a group of supportive women by my side.

:) I hope this will be a good month for all of us. Together we can continue the journey to a better life.

:) Be sure to bookmark this page so you can find it again.

:) Please sign your posts with your name or a nickname and a location (specific or general) so we can know each other better.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

My word for 2021 is "lighten up"--that applies both to the scale and to my behaviours and attitudes.

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,500 Member
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,809 Member
    Thank you Barbie!
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,352 Member
    Thanks, Barbie!
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Barbie - Thanks for giving us another clean slate.

Okie
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,500 Member
    Stats for the day-

Zwift bike trainer- 33.35min, 545elev, 15.4amph, 140ahr, 160mhr, 8.60mi= 326c
    Strava app = 200c
    Walk w/ family and to stores- 2hrs 6min, 47sec, 2.93ap, 92ahr, 105mhr, 6.45mi= 540c
    Strava app = 781c
    Walk to store n get my shot- 32.44min, .86mi= 111c

Total cal 977
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,809 Member
    exermom wrote: »
    Okie – I was hired due to the federal funds, you are right. However, I’m hoping that my work will makes them want to keep me on. I was marked “meets expectations” for almost everything when I had my review. What didn’t I get? Well, it was stated that I had to be reminded to tuck in my shirt. Really, I see managers and other workers who don’t do this. So I’m hoping that they’re just going to have me do something else perhaps in addition to taking care of the carts. Well...we shall see. On another hand, if they let someone go, wouldn’t they have to pay unemployment? I honestly don’t know how that works, it’s been a LOOOONNNGGG time since I’ve been on unemployment.

Michele NC

If you were hired on a funding program, then you'll be let go when that program finishes. Not fired ... just let go because the program has come to an end.

I imagine they'll only keep you on if there's a position available.

And you could check your unemployment eligibility with whatever government branch handles it. As I recall, it usually depends on the number of weeks you worked and whether you were full or part time. But look into it.

M in Oz

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,810 Member
    Thanks Barbie for starting us off in the new month. I got my vaccination today, just the one as it is J&J. Don't have to go back for a second one. So far no side effects.

Matchka- enjoy your time off.

Katla- hope you get out to see Arrow soon.

I am hoping to get back to the YM in a couple of weeks. Can't believe it will be Easter on Sunday. I really miss the brass and big music numbers. Also son and DGD are gone so just DD and me to celebrate.

If I had a day to spend any way I wanted I would go horseback riding in the Black Hills of SD. I love the trail around Hat Mountain.

Everyone take care Sue in WA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Thank you for the new month, Barbie. Happy April!!!
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    <3

Karen in Virginia
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Sue—I am hoping to visit Arrow soon. I haven’t been able to see him since December. I had an injury that kept me away. I hope to talk to his owner soon.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member

@trisH_7183 - Especially if I awaken with “monkey mind” in the middle of my usual sleeping time, I focus on a repeat phrase - my usual is “one, two, one, two, one, two…”. If I begin to get off track, I gently bring myself back to that phrase. I try to stay very still and not wiggle about. It seems to work for me most of the time. I think I just get bored and fall asleep. I like that phrase because I can visualize either the numbers or the words as I think them, which effectively keeps the chattering monkeys silent.

To fall asleep, daily exercise, avoiding late night eating, magnesium, all help. On the rare occasion that I have had a really stressful day and I am nerve-wracked, I take an antihistamine.

Karen in Virginia
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,600 Member
    <3