Replies

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Katiebug -
    Hope all goes well with your husband.

Barbara -
    After some research, what I'm calling a gopher may actually be a groundhog. Apparently gophers only get to about two pounds, and groundhogs get as big as 12 pounds. The large rodent mama that lives under our workshop shed is bigger than the cat! Both will girdle a tree, though, especially a young one with tender bark. It may have also been bunnies. The only thing we're sure of (reasonably) is that it wasn't the deer. If the fruit trees ever get to the point where they bear fruit, the deer will probably be the first ones to take a nibble. As far as getting rid of the big rodents, the only option I know of is lethal, and I'm just not so fond of the fruit trees that I feel I must terminate their assailant with extreme prejudice.

My arm is still sore this morning from the vaccine, but Barbara, like you, it makes me feel that it's actually working. It's still just the muscle soreness, a little heat at the injection site. Slept ALL night. Heard Corey's alarm go off and then heard the snooze alarm 10 minutes later, too. Most unusual, but pleased.

Son-in-law and grandson supposed to be dragging their camper trailer down here today to store it with us, but I canNOT get a good answer out of my daughter as to how long they're going to stay. I'm really easy for zero, one or two night stays, but would like to know so I can make sure I have what we need for guests. Most unusual of her, she's usually planned out to the maximum.

Time to get some laundry going, sheets and towels to put out on the line once the sun is up.

Love y'all,
    Later,
    Lisa in AR
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,691 Member
    Options
    My friend Trudy last night asked if I had covid arm,so i showed her and she pushed right on the spot and i jumped. Everyone laughed ...it hurt a bit ,but had to laugh along with them..
    Trudy is leaving this morning for Alaska for a week ,she has never been ,and she is a world traveler.. she is 2 weeks out from having had her second shot.
    I broke down and ordered discovery + ,im trying to be frugal .but with being in the house alot ,there is a ton of content..so with tax 5.31 a month isnt horrible..you can get it without adds but thats 2 bucks more.
    Taking Dan back and forth to work today and taking Homer to vet for bloodwork. Elena had her 1st shot yesterday she took today off ,she is painting a wall in the living room...
    I didn't sleep well last night either.. and im not drinking anything with caffine ,
    Put the meal worms out for the birds,and the squirrel is out there ,thank goodness Alfie isnt here right now he would be flipping out barking..
    And you might remember he barks at the TV..
    crazy dog..
    We have windchill of 18-20 degrees yikes
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    Bananas – the reason I took this job was because I’m more of a people person and having to be home all the time drove me insane. At least this got me out with people. So I really didn’t do any type of formal work before this.

Michele NC
    Ok thanks michèle !`

Machka, i chime in to say i love the hats, boa and gloves and shoes too, all the dress up, and they look great on you and fun.
  • bananasandoranges
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Tiiiiiiiired today.
    not sure why. went to osteopath yesterday evening. it might be related to deep tissue work or something like that. who knows ?

or maybe cause i had 2 glasses of wine the day before yesterday in rare outdoor moment. (i have had a drink (a glass of wine) maybe 3 times in the past few months- including this time social occasions do not abound!) i am not a heavy weight.
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    Karen VA- Yes! That is the hat!
    Machka- You look beautiful in your hats!

As an adult, I have not worn any hats, except the occasional baseball hat to games, or in the yard to keep the sun out of my eyes. As a teenager, I had two hats that I wore quite a bit, as I had a lot of clothes to go with them. One was a red beret, which worked for casual and could be dressed up and my beloved black bolero hat. I wore that bolero A LOT. Wore it to the Prince Purple Rain concert, wore it to the bars, discos in Mexico, wore it on the beach a couple of times. It went missing at a Jefferson Starship concert. *sigh I love hats, but yeah, not much occasion to wear them in the U.S.. We are a very casual society, as a whole, I think.

Welcome newbies!
  • bananasandoranges
    edited April 2021
    Options
    cleaning; I've been doing four 15-minutes timer sessions of late. this works much better for me than one per day.
    it makes up for the days i inevitably sometimes miss, and gets me into the deep sorting (closets, shelves, paper-organization); moving forward.
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    Lisa- I was going to suggest groundhogs, or as we call them; woodchucks. So...I will leave you with this:
    How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? :D
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,374 Member
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Lisa- I was going to suggest groundhogs, or as we call them; woodchucks. So...I will leave you with this:
    How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? :D

Apparently... about 700 pounds.
    :wink:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,906 Member
    Options
    :o I got an email from my friend who teaches the intermediate line dance class in the same place I teach my beginner class. She has been in touch with the venue on and off since they closed last year. Her news was that when she is able to teach again, she'll have to change the class to another day of the week. Her email was just to see if we could adjust to the day change. There is no set date for reopening and no info about what protocols will be in place when they do. I told her that the day change would be OK for me. I'm not ready to go back. I still feel that I won't go into a building that doesn't require everyone to wear a mask and I won't dance with a mask, so I won't be dancing anytime soon. I was happy to see one class member reply that the day worked for her, but that she wouldn't be ready to go into a building with other people anytime soon.

:) Jake likes having me home so he's in no hurry for me to start dancing again. We are both concerned about being indoors with a group of people so I don't know when I'll be comfortable going back to class.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,530 Member
    Options
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    🖐️🌞😊💛
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Lisa--Love the duck pictures and adventure. What a fun thing to share.

Machka--Like the hats, looks very classy.

Heather--Sorry to hear DH is becoming more worried about things outside of your home. I think this lockdown has done that to a lot of people.

Well I am only working until noon today, Have the bug man coming to the house this afternoon as going to take of the tiny ant problem before it becomes a big ant problem. Then have the weekend off. Going to church tonight and Sunday and to DS's tomorrow for an early Easter dinner. Other than that only plan to do little things around the house. DH got me a led frog bird bath I want to get set out.

Enjoy your weekend and Happy Easter!!
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND NE <3
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: yesterday: take BP, dogs to powerline, 1 hr grooming Tumble, Tumble to dog group. Today: BP, bank, WalMart.
    Bonus: today: two more firehall email followups, a little grant research and 2nd Pfizer.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, call D re: sticky keyboard, Norton and windows updates, call S, Fri: Joe’s followup, ongoing: fire district: bake cookies for firehall, input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; FM Cu, watch STAS Day 20, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers), 2nd week in April: call Wild Rivers (541 247 3514) for dog wash/nail trim appointments, bank to turn in pennies,
    Active April:
    1: Commit to being more active this month, starting today. Steps and dog training today. Some kind of strength training tomorrow.

Was feeling angry/sad/disgusted because weight went up 2.9 lbs, narrowly missed step goal by pooping out last night, and yuck waist measurement bigger by a half an inch. Then I thought of our Better Bones and Balance coach who recently lost his wife to metastatic cancer. She was a bright little sparkler and would have been so happy to be here today, at whatever weight/waist. Thankful now.

Lisa I had no idea that gophers chewed bark, just that they left nasty earth piles where they burrow. How do y’all encourage them to move on? :love: your son’s “my rubber ducky was here” pics.
    Oh Kay, so sorry to hear about your DH’s troubles. Healing prayers.
    Rebecca sweetly sleeping “snookums” aww. Count on you to notice Machka’s boa… ;)
    Welcome @Just_Gran Kim from Brisbane and @Christory !
    Katla you are so much more gracious than I. I would never allow anyone else to order food for me. :noway: :sick: :noway:
    Allie, loved your “Tom’s first wife’s first huband” story. He IS a gem. And so are you!
    Karen and Machka those hats really lifted my spirits.
    Margaret what you said about being “more careful about only buying what I need and when I need it.” Words I needed to hear.
    Pat C your DH is right about past generations’ family treasures. Somehow a little sad, think the pendulum will wait till it’s too late to swing back.

Got our 2nd jabs. Joe asked if my arm was a little sore, his was. He never complains so it must really ache. His hurts where he got the shot, mine just aches a little but in that whole shoulder/shoulder blade/upper arm quadrant. Taking it to mean it’s working, hooray!

March Summary and April Plan
    Improved steps, dogs.
    Weight and waist increased.
    Want to really be present with Joe at least once a day.

March results:
    daily: sit with Joe: 84%/90%, steps=average: 5582 vs 4814 step days:61%/36%, vits= 100%/97% log=100%/100% CI<CO= 87%/82% CI<250<CO= 61%64% Tumble 5/10= 77%/71% Shadow 5/10= 71%/90% mfp=100%/100% AF= 52%/54% outside= 77%/64%, up hill=71%/61% cleaning 88%/41%
    wkly: BBBorTC x3= 13% /0%, dance=0%/0% walk with T or Joe and the dogs or pack walk x2=78%/50%, rx=100%/80% review progress on 21 goals: bupkes/.
    monthly: board mtg=100%/100% grant=3/1
    Mar 31 145.3 Feb 28:142.4 Jan 31: 141.3 Jan 1: 145.3 Dec 1:143.3 Jan 1 2020: 142.3 Back to exactly what I was Jan 1 2020.
    Waist: 43 up from Jan 1 42.5

April resolve- Need to improve sitting with Joe, strength options, dancing. Alternate 12-15 mins T’ai Chi and BB&B with wii balance games.
    Daily: sit next to Joe for at least a little while, weigh, more steps than Jan average, vits, log, CI<CO, CI <250 CO, 5 mins training or grooming Tumble or Shadow, check in mfp, get outside, walk up hill.
    Weekly cleaning 2x half hour, BB&B, TC or SWSY x 3, dance x 2, rX and review 21 plan.
    Monthly: board and council meetings, grant progress.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    April: leaner/stronger/kinder than March.
    daily: sit with Joe: 1, weigh/wii: 1/0/0; steps>5627 6291 vits=1, log=1, CI<CO=1, CI<250<CO=1, Tumble=1 Shadow=1 mfp=1 outside= up hill=
    wkly: BB&B,T’ai Chi or SWSY x3= rx= dance= clean 60 mins= packwalk=, wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3
    mnthly: board mtg=, grant=1, 21 plan= bonus: AF=1 play= sew= waist=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

Truth be told I have been known to wear a boa or two. Of course it was at the clothing optional resort dance, so I had a waist wrap on, a great necklace, and not much else, oh and a smile!😁😋
    💖 Rebecca
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Sue: I love broccoli. I’ll bet you enjoyed every bite. :star:

Machka: Your photography is wonderful. I like Hadspen Hoops very much. :bigsmile:

Barbara: This was a party of three longtime friends on an outdoor patio with no one nearby. It was a celebration for our dear friend who is retiring from the school district. I hired her years ago as a secretary. Our hostess ordered everything in advance. She ordered sushi. It tasted wonderful but was much richer than I am used to eating. The companionship was excellent. I was then, & am still, running on my second vaccination headache. Luckily, our house has three bathrooms and only two people. My morning coffee today is helping deal with the headache. :wink:

Lisa: It sounds like you need a rocking chair on the porch and a shotgun to deal with the unwelcome critter. Putting out poison might harm your kitty. :flowerforyou:

Allie: I would not appreciate anyone touching my sore arm after the vaccination. :noway: You are more forgiving than me. :star:

Our current outside temp is 46F, at 8:30 am. There is no visible wind just now. It looks like the beginnings of a nice day. I hope to put some fun into it. :smiley:

Katla in sunny NW Oregon
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    Options
    So today is grocery shopping day! Ok society needs to open up, because getting excited about groceries is plain pathetic! Today I am planning on sushi, and a couple crab ragoons, and a nice vinegar tomato & cucumber salad. Making lasagna for husband, and lumpia with some pot stickers for son, ( he's not a fan of lasagna). I will portion out some lasagna for me tomorrow. You ask, why don't you just have it today? Well the truth of the matter is I like eating between 12 noon and 2 or 3 pm. Its my sweet spot, and not having food on my belly when I sleep makes a world of difference. If I eat at 5 or 6 pm, I am guaranteed to be taking Tums and not sleeping well. Its interesting to kinda figure out what works and what doesn't when it cones to myself. All thru caring for the boys, I just ate whatever. Its like looking at a car and just turning the key, not looking at gauges, just throwing gas into it. Now, I have opened the hood, check oil, oh what's this thingy, oh what does THIS do??? Lol, its fascinating!

Had boob squish yesterday, went well. The surgery center up at Anacortes, WA called and my colonoscopy is scheduled for April 29th. And the fun just keeps a going!

Husband let me go hog wild at the post office. Bought $87 worth of stamps! I know, but it keeps me happy! I bought dinosaur stamps that when you move them they show bones then their outsides. I am easily amused.....Well husband bought a board game he had as a teen. Yesterday he was clipping the edges off the counters with nailclippers! So we all need to have our happy places.👍😁
    Hugs my friends!
    💖Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    Rebecca- what sweet pictures of Athena.

Karen - I would love to be with you going through that stuff. I love old stuff.

Lisa - I often worry over things that I don’t realize I’m worrying about. Usually my kids.
    The generation that our children are in learned to text on old flip phones they used old T9 technology that they used all codes for, I don’t even think it had punctuation. My eldest uses punctuation religiously now though, she is adamant about punctuation, my youngest not as much.

Michele - wouldn’t you like Jess to do her residency in NC, wouldn’t that make her closer to you.

Katla - I have never allowed anyone to order for me. I am way too fussy to trust others.

Allie - how wonderful that someone is thinking of you. I don’t know that o would want a 13 year old and a newborn either. How old is Tracy?

Pat - we have never had a big freezer since being married, we have always lived within a 5 minute drive to a grocery store it never made sense to me.

I have never worn a hat, I suffered through a toque a few times as a preteen/teen. I never saw the sense in doing my hair and then putting a hat on. My eldest loves hats though.

Heather - how old is Johnny? Maybe his disturbances at night are forcing him to face some things he doesn’t want to face. It’s a tough position for both of you.

I am at home today, I do need to log in and do some education and test scenarios on our new payroll system. I can’t find time at work to do it.

I think I’ll go out tomorrow and get some Easter goodies for the Grands to drop at their house on Sunday.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,036 Member
    Options
    The dating sites are teasing me with great matches hundreds of miles away. I couldn't leave my parents enough to do that, even for Mr. Perfect. Delaware just seems to be a dating desert for me. Discouraging.

One cup of green tea at 11:00 am yesterday and I was up until 5:00 am. Lesson learned for awhile at least. I slept most of this morning.

My ribs are sore from exercise. Probably a good thing.

Annie in Delaware