1818283848587»

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    csofled: Three Cheers! ❤️⭐️❤️⭐️
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    exermom wrote: »
    Worked today so no formal exercise. So far today, tho, I have over 8,000 steps. Work tomorrow so no formal exercise.

I asked one of the managers if my job has changed since it seems they’re having me do different things in addition to the carts. Today she asked me to go on a register. I really don’t have a problem with that, not that I really want to do it, tho. I couldn’t remember my old password so I couldn’t change it. Evidently, you have to change it something like every 30 days. Anyway, she was saying that the store manager and corporate are going to have a zoom meeting tomorrow. She seemed pretty sure that I would be fired. I honestly think what should be done is give me other things to do in addition to the carts like getting them from the parking lot, loading groceries into customer’s carts, that sort of thing. Well, I guess we shall see. If they want to cut costs (and I understand that), I would think what they should do is cut hours. Have people only work 4 hours or maybe 5. Instead of someone working 7 or 8. But who am I????

Rained today. Fortunately, it wasn’t real cold. It would rain heavily, then let up. Tomorrow is not supposed to be rain but is supposed to be colder (oh joy)

CSSJ - prayers

For me, there was even less pain in my arm with the second vaccine than with the first. Now Vince was just the opposite. Go figure!

Ceramics tonight

Michele NC

I thought I remembered you saying you were hired out of part of the federal COVID grant money that was given for specific reasons in the stores. If those funds are drying up, it would make sense that that would be the people that would be let go.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Weather is perfect- 78 with a very slight breeze- worked in the garden pulling weeds, want to get the raised beds ready for planting soon. An hour of pulling weeds was a nice workout.
    I used to sit with one foot under my butt while sitting anywhere,even my computer chair. It was automatic. I would have to tell myself NOT to do it. Now, with my new computer chair, do it and my hip and knee are killing me instantly and for a long time after. Not sure what it is about this chair that is different. I have a hard time sitting up normal in it.

With my sisters, I am the peace keeper I guess. I am not close to either BUT will always have time to listen when the text or call. The two do not get along, will not speak to each other and mom is already really worried about the two of them together at dad's service in May. She should not be worrying about that. I have told her I will make sure to keep the two of them apart. Both speak first and maybe, possible, think later-usually just speak up, what ever they are thinking. When we flew to Colorado Springs a few yrs ago, we drove the three hours to go have lunch with my older sister. It meant the world to her-she hasn't been back home in 6 yrs. My younger sister wouldn't go in the next room to see the older one. Both have made choices that I don't agree with but that is their choice, not mine. I am sure they feel the same about me(would feel it more if they actually took time to listen when I need to talk). My younger sister actually called one night , said, saw I was on FB and she needed to vent to someone so lucky me, I got to listen to her. I was just getting ready to turn my computer off but when she called, I sat and listened to her for well over an hour. BUT, when we were at mom's, she was talking about cooking, I started to say something and she actually put her hand up and said, I need to get this done(searching for recipes), I don't have time for this. I just walked out of the house and didn't say anything. She is younger but talks down to me all the time. She is the one that said there is no way that I could have had covid because when I did finally get tested well over 3 weeks after getting sick and well over a month after being exposed, my test was negative. If I had had it I would test positive for three months- I don't believe her but not going to argue. I don't argue with anyone, even when I know I am right- not worth it(same with husband- if I don't agree with him, I am wrong)
    Older sister and I do chat very occasionally on FB but most of the time she just shares stuff she has already posted.
    Neither ever message to just check in on me- I do check on them but not as often as I should. Older one didn't even bother to say happy birthday on FB even though she was on there- same last year. I always say it to them first thing in the morning. This year, younger one finally said it at 11PM(after I had gone to bed).

It is so amazing to find you ladies that, even though we don't really know each other, are so much more supportive than those who really should be.
    THANK YOU

Debbie
    Napa Valley,Ca
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,901 Member
    <3
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    B)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,901 Member
    :) I am headed out the door for my evening walk and figured that this was a good time to post the new thread for April. I hope to see you all there and to make some new friends, as well.

Here is the link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10828957/women-ages-50-for-april-2021/p1?new=1
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    I’m trying to pick some tips for when I can’t sleep.Went to bed at 9 pm,the longer I was in bed,the more awake I became. Now Tv is on & a book to read. None of which interests me. Oh,yes.......made my grocery list. Of course,I’d trade it all for a good nights sleep! Oh,well.....it will happen or it won’t.I appreciate hearing what helps you. Pat C Ohio
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    exermom wrote: »
    Worked today so no formal exercise. So far today, tho, I have over 8,000 steps. Work tomorrow so no formal exercise.

I asked one of the managers if my job has changed since it seems they’re having me do different things in addition to the carts. Today she asked me to go on a register. I really don’t have a problem with that, not that I really want to do it, tho. I couldn’t remember my old password so I couldn’t change it. Evidently, you have to change it something like every 30 days. Anyway, she was saying that the store manager and corporate are going to have a zoom meeting tomorrow. She seemed pretty sure that I would be fired. I honestly think what should be done is give me other things to do in addition to the carts like getting them from the parking lot, loading groceries into customer’s carts, that sort of thing. Well, I guess we shall see. If they want to cut costs (and I understand that), I would think what they should do is cut hours. Have people only work 4 hours or maybe 5. Instead of someone working 7 or 8. But who am I????

Rained today. Fortunately, it wasn’t real cold. It would rain heavily, then let up. Tomorrow is not supposed to be rain but is supposed to be colder (oh joy)

CSSJ - prayers

For me, there was even less pain in my arm with the second vaccine than with the first. Now Vince was just the opposite. Go figure!

Ceramics tonight

Michele NC

Do you think you'll be able to go back soon to work you did pre-covid?
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    🖐️🌞😊💛
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,674 Member
    Pat C - welcome to my world its not easy is it? Ugh
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,022 Member
    What do you think the government (or hackers) are reading or listening to randomly in your life ?
    I just assume someone can be ‘listening’ to anything you put on the web.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,022 Member
    Short on time currently, so skim reading when I can.