WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2021

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Did Cardio Core and More DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Lunar Flow Yoga DVD

Pip – did you have to sell your winter bikes to someone out of state since CA doesn’t have winters?

Debbie – what a beautiful flower. Is that amaryllis something that you plant outside? Does it bloom early in the season? You can tell what a great gardener I am…lol. If God means for it to live, it’ll live. That’s my motto!

Cclark – welcome

Fae – very innovative!

Heather – so sad about your friend

Michele NC
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    Options
    Heather I am sorry about your friend.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,814 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    B)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Well slept for an hour went to bed at 11 pm ,ugh this has got to stop.. playing circle words on my phone,,at least im sorta beibg productive
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,196 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your good wishes about my friend. <3
    She appears in both volumes of my memoir.
    When I was a child I adored her. She was the one who sparked my interest in German, as both her parents were German. Her father was a Jewish refugee.
    We lost touch when our children were young. I'm not sure why. It hurt at the time.
    I decided a couple of years ago to find her again, but there was no trace of her anywhere, quite unusual these days. I did know her husband's name and that he had been in the church, so it wasn't hard to find him and I emailed him through his organisation.
    It was then I found out from him about this terrible disease. He let me know a few months later that she had died.
    So, it was strange when his face popped up as a Friend suggestion on Facebook (I only have a few Friends) Must be from the email contacts. Out of interest I decided to see what he was up to. Then I saw the photos. Strangely, she hadn't changed much from when I knew her. The disease began to claim her in her 50s. She died in her late 60s. But, of course, you can see it in her eyes.
    She was one of the most vibrant and beautiful people I have ever known. I was envious of her, (a theme here?) because the boys all flocked round her. But I truly loved her. When we moved to different counties at 8 years old we continued to go to stay with each other, all through our teenage years. We would get on the London train at age 9.

So, my friends, seize the day! Make the most of your every minute. Life is not a rehearsal. <3:love:

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,838 Member
    Options
    c4egjlqhxrvc.png
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,372 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Morning, afternoon and evening, all...

Quiet house, laundry whooshing, cat asleep on my lap, husband asleep in the bedroom, just a faint snore coming from that quarter occasionally. I can hear the ticking of the clock on the wall and the chuffle of the heater kicking in on this still dark morning, nearly freezing outside.

For the last five early mornings, I could hear a 14-month-old baby snuffling and burbling, tiny whimpers in his sleep as he turned and tossed in sleep in his portable crib just on the other side of my office wall... Levi was in motion 24-7, even in his sleep. He scattered destruction in his wake like a tiny little Godzilla...

>:)<3

I miss that already, while still being completely glad to have my own silence and solitude back! It's possible that this is the definition of adulthood--that two contradictory thoughts and feelings can both be true at the same moment.

Speaking of contradictory thoughts - I watched the scale go up scandalously over the last couple weeks, and it's definitely time to get my diet back into health-mode instead of whatever I want mode... My overall symptom set is as under control as I've gotten it in quite some time, so I'm really hoping that last set of antibiotics worked.

Considering one of the main symptoms at this time last year was an unexpected ten-pound weight loss in one month, gaining weight is actually reassuring. It means the bacterial overgrowth isn't vampiring the nutrition I put in my body and starving me again. Fingers crossed it worked. I'm OK with being chunky if it means I'm not sick. Contradictory thoughts again...

Anyway - I gave a bunch of advice here, and then deleted it again. It was just annoying and not useful. My friend called me twice yesterday, and while she wants me there, told me not to come--and I'm grateful for that. I will try to get up there this summer when they have the memorial for Peg, once I'm fully vaccinated.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Well i got another maybe 2 hrs sleep so i know there will be a nap in my future.. it was sooo nice to have one night of decent sleep..
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,838 Member
    Options
    On our bicycle ride today ...

1zqst5qg35va.png
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    :)
  • cclark351
    cclark351 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well finally braved getting back on my push bike after 4years did 5 Miles feeling accomplished 😊
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,196 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry Annie. It always hurts. :'(

Today seems to have been busy, busy. DDIL sent me a link to a present she wanted and a code to get it 20% off. I went to buy it, but the code didn't work, so I bought it anyway. Just pleased to have a suggestion from her. Afterwards I emailed the company to see if they would apply it in retrospect. No harm in asking. It's a bright red gilet.
    Then she asked if we wanted to meet up tomorrow morning. 8.30. The venue is 45 mins walk away, but I said yes because DH was very keen. We'll get our morning exercise! :o I will have to set the alarm.
    Then I found the old photo of my friend Shirley and spent some time fiddling with it. Uploading it. Downloading it.
    Then I texted my son about the meet up next weekend for DDIL'S birthday. It's complicated.

All this meant I didn't get my floor exercises done! Oh well. :#

I've made a Spinach and Feta pie for tonight and done my Duolingo. Now to row and watch Spiral.
    I think we are going to watch Mamma Mia tonight and have a singalong. We so enjoyed Oliver last weekend. :p

Good day, but busy, busy.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Tracey - That was some shiner! :o
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    Morning!
    🙂🖐️🌞
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did Cardio Core and More DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Lunar Flow Yoga DVD

Pip – did you have to sell your winter bikes to someone out of state since CA doesn’t have winters?

Debbie – what a beautiful flower. Is that amaryllis something that you plant outside? Does it bloom early in the season? You can tell what a great gardener I am…lol. If God means for it to live, it’ll live. That’s my motto!

Cclark – welcome

Fae – very innovative!

Heather – so sad about your friend

Michele NC

For me, I used that one as a winter bike for snow wind, etc. because it is more sturdy, heavy, put fenders on it and a back rack for panniers. Here people would just use it for riding all year round. I will have my road bike for that.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Allie: It sounds like your inner clock is confused. It seems like being in a hospital for weeks where people come in and out of your room night & day might get your inner clock mixed up. Do you have a bed time ritual? I’ve seen you mention drinking tea many times. Is this caffeinated tea? Perhaps you could switch to decaffeinated tea or herbal tea after breakfast or lunch. I like Peppermint tea and Sleepy Time tea from Celestial Seasonings. They also have a vanilla tea. We rarely have coffee after dinner and sleeping is not a problem. :flowerforyou:

Heather: Your friend Shirley was a beautiful girl. I remember those clothing styles from the past. :heart:

Annie: So sorry. Steven was not good enough for you. :noway:

I was so frustrated with the ants that I shifted from organic strategies to Raid Ant spray. I sprayed it outside on the siding and inside wherever I saw an ant. It worked. There are no ants in my house today.

Katla in cloudy NW Oregon
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Katla- after surgery I no longer have a taste for tea.. i know weird.. i have boxes and boxes of herbal tea.. have a cup or 2 but just not my bag right now.. i did take a nap this morning because i needed it.I use 10 mg of melatonin at night,it helps me fall asleep but to stay asleep.is another story...
    Tom made it through his hernia surgery ,the meds have worn off so in a bit of pain. He has to get up and walk ,but also rest.. both the dogs know he isnt feeling well so they are laying low and just keeping him company
    Did some dishes and gathered the garbage together..