WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2021

Options

Replies

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,483 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, 40 mins vacuuming, 40 mins cleaning bathrooms, email w/fire chief, gave R the gift of listening.
    Bonus: 2 loads laundry, car coffee klatsch/wave watching with T.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, call D re: sticky keyboard, Norton and windows updates, call S, fire district: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; FM Cu, watch STAS Day 20, make experimental almond paste, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. Reconcile Joe’s EOB’s Thrivent shows only 2263.48 so far, next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments, First week in April: call Wild Rivers (541 247 3514) for dog wash/nail trim appointments.
    Mindful March:
    19: Cultivate a feeling of lovingkindness to others today: R.
    20: Celebrate the international day of happiness: https://www.dayofhappiness.net/
    Happiness: Do something for your own happiness - make time to do something you really enjoy, get moving outside, learn something new or write down three things you’re grateful for.
    Kinder: Do something for someone else - donate to a food bank or charity, text or call someone to tell them what you appreciate about them, volunteer in your local community.
    Together: Share the International Day Of Happiness with others and help more people get involved in the day and thinking about ways to promote happiness and mental health. Reverting ;)

Welcome @cclark351! Would you let us know what you’d like to be called and your general locale? What is a “push bike”? Brava for 5 miles!
    Debby in VA Stunning bloom, surprising snow :noway:
    Lisa imho Poland is more appealing than anywhere in the middle east… what does he do in the service? Your meditations on contradictory thoughts/feelings gave me a gentle smile, especially about both missing your mini-Godzilla sounds and relishing the peace.
    Terri WOW! :love:
    Heather “delighted” and “exhausted” well said and well done. ((hugs)) for the sudden, sad reminder of your loss. Love the pic of Shirley at 9 or 10, what a beautiful, young, fashionista she was. “gilet” Heather you continue to expand my British vocabulary. I’d call that a vest ;)
    Carol, I’ve been watching the Monterey Bay’s sea otter cam for peace and calm before taking my blood pressure. This morning there were at least 4 adults, and it looked like a baby on mama’s breast, being groomed, fed, and taught to swirl in the water. Lowest blood pressure reading yet ;)
    Fae ya gonna patent and market that bandeau/bralette combo?
    Annie I hear ya’ about Teddie’s toes and mats. I’d slacked off grooming Tumble’s double coat, and it’s taken 2.5 hours to get her to a minimally matted stage, will take more hours to get her to where she should be. She does NOT look like this now! :laugh:
    c55fgk4f4cz6.jpg
    Does your father need you to support him with your mother, or can you withdraw to the sidelines? Steven’s loss :brokenheart::rage::heartbreak: You’re better off.
    Katla What Flea and Machka said. “…not actually aware of the emergency room visit” is so very worrisome. Hope you decide to discuss with your doctor soon. How about a pic of your Keeshond? I stopped taking Tumble to the groomer during the pandemic as we had to stand too close together. (Had some bad experiences in the past and will not leave her alone with any groomer.) To be honest, the groomer’s area was so chaotic and cluttered it made me anxious. Me, the clutter Queen?!? :laugh:. Sorry your Chinese takeout was disappointing. :sick:
    Vicki “… not letting the little things become big things…” wise words.
    Rebecca wish you’d had the second guy the first blood draw. What a difference competence makes. When the company’s done with the branches at yours, send them on down to us. ;)
    Tracey good on you for monitoring those accounts closely. That is why I prefer to use a credit card, not a debit card, for online purchases. Gives me more leverage in case of “glitches”. OMG that was quite an injury. Grateful her eye missed the bolt.
    Machka “New Zealand!” Bon voyage!
    Barbie “enjoy the snooze function”? Now that’s being in the moment for sure ;)

SuziQ has been on my mind lately, has anyone heard from her?

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    March: leaner/stronger/kinder than January and February.
    daily: sit with Joe: 19, weigh: 19; steps>5627=3543 vits=19, log=19, CI<CO=16, CI<250<CO=10, Tumble=17 Shadow=15 mfp=19 outside=11 up hill=10
    wkly: BB&B, T’ai Chi=4 or SWSY or wii=6 x5= rx=2 dance= clean 60 mins=3.25 packwalk=2, wt=2/28:142.4, 3/7:144.4 waah! :sad:, 3/14:140.7 :bigsmile:, 3/21 , 3/28 , 3/31 .
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=1 , 21 plan= bonus: AF=8 play=7 sew= waist=42.5
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    Barbara: I am less skilled than most at posting photos. My "face" today is Schooner. He is getting up there in years, but is doing well. He is now 14 years old and he still looks great. Last fall he had cancer surgery on his behind. He is now cancer free, happy and energetic. <3

Katla in NW Oregon
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    Happy Spring!
    Machka your post about silence was the first thing I saw just now. The funny thing is I just had told my husband that I am going in to SIT for a few! No radio, no tv, just the sounds of my small wind chimes chiming from the ceiling fan and the sounds of the laundry going. Peaceful.....
    Lisa I loved your statement about two contradictions at the same time. It is so true!
    Annie Hugs!

We are back to spring like days and winter nights in Ohio. Layering is the only way to go. No change for my husband's eyes. We made it there and back safely in spite of icy rain. Was at work early on Tuesday to try to get some things done-haha. After work took husband to his massage, waited for him at work doing stuffs, drove him home, and went back to work until midnight. I love the ability to email folks with both estimates and to let them know their equipment is ready for pick up. That was a time saver on Wednesday. Those who's email I didn't have finally got called late Wednesday afternoon. I cooked easy dinner Wednesday night and hit the bed early. Overslept Thursday-oops. Still to work on time, just not much get done time in the morning. Thursday night made white chicken chili and cleaned kitchen. Friday, again tried to get things done early at work, but husband had other ideas-grumble. I did throw a tantrum or two Friday at work. They were minor, but included some foot stomping. I can only do so many things at the same time, just saying......and your stuff isn't always more important than what I am currently doing-huff. Last night we went to the local burger place for supper after work. I brought husband home and went back to work. I only worked until 10. Most of the folks I emailed last night picked up their mowers today-yay! I worked for about 90 minutes this morning on project for work. Then I made my SIL call the deliveries and other repairs this morning. We were slow then slammed. Kind of like traveling in rush hour traffic, breeze along then slam on the brakes. Maybe I need to realize that I really am the boss and act accordingly. Most of our customers think I am :p Got laundry going this morning and sheets changed. As crazy as last weekend was I never got that done-no judging-lol! More laundry to do, need to do bills, deposits, more work paperwork, pick up a trailer (borrowing from friend)for taking things to farmhouse tomorrow. Tomorrow is cleaning farmhouse and putting away stuffs we took out. We are taking some furniture we have back down. Have to measure for replacement furniture for living room. My oldest daughter is meeting us there to help. Would love to be home at a decent time but about 2 hour drive away. It will be interesting to see if SIL makes it down.....supposedly her ex is bringing her down. :/ While I stay out of other's relationships, that one is just strange to me.

I reckon I have sat long enough. Love you ladies!
    😙
    Kylia still crazy in Ohio
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Michele-you can plat amaryllis outside,but I love to have it in the house.I cut it back when the blooms are dead and it continues to grow.That same plant has two flowers today.
    It brings a little brightness to my day.I have other plants in the house,most waiting for truly warm days to go outside and stay out.
    Debby in Va
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,531 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 22min 37sec, 3.41ap, 175elev, 91ahr, 113mhr, 8.11mi= 729c
    Strava app = 962c

Sold my winter bike!!!!
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Kylia ~ You are one busy lady! I really admire your energy.

Annie ~ Sorry about the break up with Stephen.

Carol in GA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Did a Lunar Flow Yoga DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Firm Cardio Overdrive DVD

Anne DE – I’m so very sorry

Tina – I think giving the vaccination sites those dot bandaids is a great idea – especially if they have a pattern on them and not just those boring old beige ones they have.

Debbie – that is so very sad about your friend. That’s why every time I’d leave my father’s (when he was older) I always said “I love you”. Then one time I couldn’t but I was so glad that the time before I had.

Went to church twice while we were in FL. Today I think I’ll go to church here. First time in a year. But now that I’ve had the vaccine, I feel a LITTLE bit better. I guess we shall see…..

Now I’m thinking about Easter, not sure what we’re going to do. Just got an email saying that they’re having a bilingual mass (I don’t like them) at 10 unless there’s inclement weather, then it’ll be at 9. What do they call inclement weather? Probably any precipitation. Now to me, inclement weather would include cold temps or high winds because I have no desire to sit in either. And what happens if they meet the max. number of people allowed in the church? I have a feeling that our pastor wouldn’t bother, but I don’t know about the pastor at the only other Catholic church around here. So what to do? Well….I guess time will just have to tell.

Michele NC
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Happy Saturday! Whew! What a week! Because my work week began on Tuesday, my "brain calendar" has been a day off all week. I have been sleeping great this week, though; so tired and trying to catch up on sleep lost during my time in Texas. I always have a hard time sleeping in "strange" places. The bed at my daughter's was comfortable enough, but I always wake up a few times just because I am not in my own bed/house. Anyway, I woke up this morning with a sinus headache. I was also out of coffee. SO...I showered and headed out to do my shopping. I made it through two of my stops, but ended up coming home before I could do my last two shops; because I felt sick. Once I got the groceries put away, I went back to sleep and slept for three more hours. I feel a bit better, but have taken some meds and had my coffee and a bit of soup. I had planned to do nothing this weekend, fully aware that I needed time to just do nothing. Funny how our bodies tend to force us into doing nothing if we don't take action quickly enough. :/
    My daughter just vibered me. As soon as I answered she held up the phone to Miguel. <3 Biggest smile and wave; his whole body excited to see "Gaga". He was my constant companion in Texas. Up early with me, walking with me, on my hip or lap during outings. Joaquin was never like this with me. He is now and probably always will be firmly attached to mama. But it was equally nice to hear that Joaquin was upset to see that "Grandma and Uncle Colin" went back to Michigan. After arriving home from daycare on Monday, walking through the house and finding we were gone; he then woke up Tuesday and went around the house looking for us again and was extremely upset that we weren't there. I got to chat a bit with Joaquin during our viber call. He got bit a few times by some fire ants while playing in the front yard. Poor guy! He said, "the ants are angry!" lol Someone is coming on Monday to treat their yard. They had an appointment scheduled for a few weeks ago, but then the snowstorm hit.
    Lisa-I totally understand where you are coming from in regards to missing the "chaos" that little ones bring; but really cherishing the quiet. It is a mixed bag, for sure! I don't remember how old Levi is...is he about Miguel's age? Maybe a little older? (1 1/2 year old) Because yes, Miguel is like a one man demolition crew. That age is exhausting!
    Katla- glad you are feeling better! Schooner is adorable!
    Machka- Your shoreline pics are fantastic! I hope you are able to visit NZ and still remain in a bubble. Also, thanks for the article on busy people needing quiet. That is definitely me.
    Carol- I bet you will enjoy the Spanish on Duolingo! There are so many words in English that the Spanish and French equivalents are very similar.
    Tracey- Your daughter is lovely; devil's horn and all! lol I have a bump in the middle of my forehead. It doesn't hurt, but it has been there for many years. Doctor's always ask about it. I don't remember ever banging my head hard enough to produce a bump, but I wonder if it could have been a result of my son's kickboard coming up from under my jaw (causing some major jaw pain and a cracked molar). Anyway, I tell my kids that it is my unicorn horn growing in. lol
    Heather- Brava! On the finishing up of this installment of your memoirs and your web page! Loved the birthday pics of Bea and love the relationship you have with your DDIL! <3
    Terri- Love the garden pics! LOoks like growing things activates your poetry, as well! Sweet little verse!
    Debby VA- Good to see you posting again!
    Allie- So good to see you up and around; remember to put yourself FIRST!!
    Tina- (((hugs))) Forgive me if I giggle a bit about your statement regarding your body being against you. lol Come Wednesday this past week, I was whining and thinking the same. I over did it, physically, on this trip and my body is definitely calling me out on it. I am now, making a plan of baby steps to get me where I want to be physically. I absolutely HATE the fact that I can't walk more than five miles in a day without my ankles and knees objecting LOUDLY!
    Annie ((((hugs)))) to you! Sorry about the end of the relationship. I have always compared "trying on men" to trying on jeans; you can wear any pair you want, but sooner or later, it will rub, chafe, pinch and be altogether uncomfortable. Best to find the best fit possible than waste your time in something that you really just want to be rid of.
    Fae - Love your bra work around! Great show of ingenuity.
    Barbie- Glad you got to use that snooze button! Enjoy your time with your friends!

I think that's all I have in my fuzzy brain for now. ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    Kylia- Are you near Hocking Hills Park?
  • yensidtoon
    yensidtoon Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Just starting my journey. Since coming back I have gone from 224 to 118 but making my goal to be at 216 by March 30 may not happen.

I am not on the forums very much. Please, everyone friend me and we can all cheer each other on! I have 100 pounds to lose so will be here for a good long time! I accept all friend requests.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Rori: Congratulations on your first vaccination!!!! Our son and DDIL also had Moderna. :bigsmile: Happy Spring!!!

Katla
  • Faetta
    Faetta Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Has anyone used the Cubii JR1 Elliptical Machine? My bestie is interested in getting one since she has a replaced knee and walking is slow and boring for her. With this machine, she envisions getting her exercise while watching TV or reading. It has good reviews so she asked my opinion and I know nothing about exercise machines so thought I would get a shout-out to you ladies that might know.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    We'll see Barbara, when that company that's coming Sunday, will quote. I know we don't want to pay an arm and a leg! I think I was a wee bit dehydrated the first jab. I drank water all night when I had to get up to pee. "my life is water in, water out" is what my brains thinking during the night....🙃😜😋😂
    Rebecca
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,940 Member
    edited March 2021
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did a Lunar Flow Yoga DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Firm Cardio Overdrive DVD

Anne DE – I’m so very sorry

Tina – I think giving the vaccination sites those dot bandaids is a great idea – especially if they have a pattern on them and not just those boring old beige ones they have.

Debbie – that is so very sad about your friend. That’s why every time I’d leave my father’s (when he was older) I always said “I love you”. Then one time I couldn’t but I was so glad that the time before I had.

Went to church twice while we were in FL. Today I think I’ll go to church here. First time in a year. But now that I’ve had the vaccine, I feel a LITTLE bit better. I guess we shall see…..

Now I’m thinking about Easter, not sure what we’re going to do. Just got an email saying that they’re having a bilingual mass (I don’t like them) at 10 unless there’s inclement weather, then it’ll be at 9. What do they call inclement weather? Probably any precipitation. Now to me, inclement weather would include cold temps or high winds because I have no desire to sit in either. And what happens if they meet the max. number of people allowed in the church? I have a feeling that our pastor wouldn’t bother, but I don’t know about the pastor at the only other Catholic church around here. So what to do? Well….I guess time will just have to tell.

Michele NC

The last thing my dad said to me- on Christmas day, when I was leaving. We were hugging, I told him I loved him-He said" I love you bunches"- That was the last time I saw him.

I am planning on going to church for the first time in months on Easter Sunday. I am getting my second shot on Thursday. I will still wear my mask and I will be skipping the fried chicken potluck. I used to love them but not this time.

Debbie
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    :)
    Betsy in NW WA
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,066 Member
    Options
    ☘️