Third: HOW.
  • Hotelsma
    Hotelsma Posts: 404 Member
    edited April 2021
    Shuri2018 wrote: »
    First of all, how.
    Second: how.
    Third: HOW.

😂😂😂 mad isn’t it. Also I had crisps or potato chips if your American.

Keto works on the basis of eating between 20-30 grams of carbs minus the fibre. I made sure I didn’t go over that. KFC chicken and wings don’t contain as high carbs as you think. However I was exercising daily for an hour so i believe it kept my Keto going. I did daily tests to make sure I was in Keto.
  • Hotelsma
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    You’ve almost (but not quite) talked me into keto.
  • Hotelsma

What’s your concern? I’ve done it for many years and I can swear by it
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    I am a keto'er but I can't eat KFC chicken (it makes me sick) but I do make my own fried chicken at home :)
  • foreverslim1111
    foreverslim1111 Posts: 2,602 Member
    I agree, low carb, high (for me, this means 80 gms) protein eating keeps me from feeling as hungry. For me, I would choose baked chicken as I can't handle the breading if it has wheat. And I would want a variety of of protein sources. But good for you!! Congrats on your success. Looks like you have lost 20-30 lbs.

Also do you track you calories or just eat as much chicken as you want?
  • Hotelsma
    I am a keto'er but I can't eat KFC chicken (it makes me sick) but I do make my own fried chicken at home :)

How you getting on?
  • Hotelsma
    I agree, low carb, high (for me, this means 80 gms) protein eating keeps me from feeling as hungry. For me, I would choose baked chicken as I can't handle the breading if it has wheat. And I would want a variety of of protein sources. But good for you!! Congrats on your success. Looks like you have lost 20-30 lbs.

Also do you track you calories or just eat as much chicken as you want?

Yeah I did mix it up. Didn’t eat kfc all time. It was just quick and easy for me to order them cook myself lol. Yes I am lazy.

When doing Keto I never count calories. I just make sure taht I get enough fat in as too much protein and not enough fat slows weightloss down.
  • Hotelsma
    @foreverslim1111 also another plus with Keto is naturally your hunger levels drop so you don’t eat as much as before.
  • Hotelsma
    edited April 2021
    Hotelsma wrote: »

How you getting on?

I am doing well on keto .... I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes back in 2019 and on several medications...I am happy to report that I am now considered pre diabetic and off all medication and I have lost 45 lbs :)

Megan that is amazing, proud and very inspiring. Keep it up. Keep us posted on your progress
  • foreverslim1111
    foreverslim1111 Posts: 2,602 Member
    Yep protein, plenty of non starchy veggies for fiber and nutrition, plenty of fat to keep you feeling full. And you naturally eat less because you are satiated with the fat. I get to eating like that when ever I need to get back to my goal weight, about 2-3 times a year. I never let myself get more then 10 lbs above that. But I do track calories to be sure I'm not eating over. It just makes it so much easier when you're not starving all the time.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member

How does my fried pie fit? And my pancakes? And ——
  • Hotelsma
    Yep protein, plenty of non starchy veggies for fiber and nutrition, plenty of fat to keep you feeling full. And you naturally eat less because you are satiated with the fat. I get to eating like that when ever I need to get back to my goal weight, about 2-3 times a year. I never let myself get more then 10 lbs above that. But I do track calories to be sure I'm not eating over. It just makes it so much easier when you're not starving all the time.

Looks like you got it figured out. The hardest part for me is maintaining my weight. I’m trying to work out how to transition from low carb to reintroduce carbs without compromising my weight
  • Hotelsma

How does my fried pie fit? And my pancakes? And ——

Fried pie?? That’s a new one for me. Replace flour without almond flour for pancakes and your good lol
  • Breaboop
    Breaboop Posts: 1 Member
    Plenty of Keto desserts, pancakes,waffles, even fried pie! ..the crust is easy..just have to find a low carb filling like blueberries...I just made a Keto Pecan pie for Easter..lots of recipes online and on Pinterest.
  • Hotelsma
    Breaboop wrote: »
    Plenty of Keto desserts, pancakes,waffles, even fried pie! ..the crust is easy..just have to find a low carb filling like blueberries...I just made a Keto Pecan pie for Easter..lots of recipes online and on Pinterest.

Omg Pecan Pie one of my faves. But seriously what’s fried pie I’m a Brit lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!