Keto success with KFC!!!

2»

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,868 Member
    I love making chaffles ....savory or sweet ...Chocolate chip cannoli chaffles anyone ...or oreo chaffles ? :) How about pepperoni pizza chaffle?
  • Hotelsma
    Hotelsma Posts: 404 Member
    I love making chaffles ....savory or sweet ...Chocolate chip cannoli chaffles anyone ...or oreo chaffles ? :) How about pepperoni pizza chaffle?

Marry me 😂
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,868 Member
    Hotelsma wrote: »

Marry me 😂

LOL :p
  • Hotelsma

Marry me 😂

LOL :p

They say the way too a man’s heart is thru his stomach, never a truer words said 😄
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Breaboop wrote: »
    Plenty of Keto desserts, pancakes,waffles, even fried pie! ..the crust is easy..just have to find a low carb filling like blueberries...I just made a Keto Pecan pie for Easter..lots of recipes online and on Pinterest.

Yum!
    My favorite cake is made with only almond flour, egg whites and sugar. I guess I’d have to do something about the sugar. But I’d love to have that every day!
  • foreverslim1111
    foreverslim1111 Posts: 2,604 Member
    Pardon this non-Brit but what are chaffles?
  • Nettabee
    Nettabee Posts: 296 Member

Waffles made with eggs and cheese, but the recipe can be modified. I was today years old when I learned how to make them! 😂😂
  • Hotelsma
    Nettabee wrote: »

Waffles made with eggs and cheese, but the recipe can be modified. I was today years old when I learned how to make them! 😂😂

@foreverslim1111

This is the nearest I get to Chaffles lol

• Lesha74
    Lesha74 Posts: 1 Member
    Congrats to you all!!! I’m so confused on Keto🤦🏽‍♀️ I never know what I’m doing. There’s so much conflicting advice online. I want to be able to stick to it but I never feel like I’m getting enough fat and I can’t get past the first few days where I’m feeling lethargic 🥴
  • Hotelsma
    Lesha74 wrote: »
    Congrats to you all!!! I’m so confused on Keto🤦🏽‍♀️ I never know what I’m doing. There’s so much conflicting advice online. I want to be able to stick to it but I never feel like I’m getting enough fat and I can’t get past the first few days where I’m feeling lethargic 🥴

Hi lesha, what parts you find confusing?

So if your worried up up taking fats my go toos are
    Almond nuts, eggs and cheese. The first few days are the hardest. Once you break the week and half your body will adjust and you will get use to new ways of eating and find find your appetite will shrink
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    I love nuts, eggs and cheese!
  • Hotelsma
    I love nuts, eggs and cheese!

Almonds and maybe Brazil’s not peanuts or cashews lol
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    I honestly thought this was going to be a thread started on 1 April. Very intrigued that it isn't and it makes perfect sense. (I love mfp!)
  • Hotelsma
    charmmeth wrote: »
    I honestly thought this was going to be a thread started on 1 April. Very intrigued that it isn't and it makes perfect sense. (I love mfp!)

Was thinking to starting a thread to my 6 weeks stint but might now wait till the second half is complete.
  • IheartPGH
    IheartPGH Posts: 39 Member
    Lesha74 wrote: »

Hi, Lesha. One simple suggestion I can make regarding a keto diet is to watch what you're eating...don't just watch your carbs. The diet can work, but is it something we can do for the rest of our lives? Idk. "Healthy keto" is something to aim for. People say no to a piece of whole wheat bread, but will eat a pound of bacon or a Big Mac 'without the bread' and call it healthy. Makes zero sense. If you work out, you need carbohydrates. Don't rely on the Internet, talk to a nutritionist. It'll do us no good to stop eating pasta, when we're downing deep fried xyz because it's "keto". Good luck to you!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,481 Member
    I eat KFC and Popeye's and am a non ketoer. It still just boils down to calories in/out. If I eat either I make sure that I stay within my daily calorie deficit.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,967 Member
    You’ve almost (but not quite) talked me into keto.

What’s your concern? I’ve done it for many years and I can swear by it

I am a bit confused - you have beeen doing keto for years but are 6 and half weeks into your journey?

Anyway I don't keto but have easily managed to lose and then maintain weight on a diet which includes KFC from time to time.

Calorie deficit, that's all.

• obx1bag
    obx1bag Posts: 24 Member
    edited May 2021
    Yes I agree brother! I prep most of my meals at home, mostly keto, organic stuff. But when I need to eat out, I used to get burgers and fries, pizza, all kinds of crap. AND I'd usually have cravings afterwards and need ice cream or a DQ blizzard or some nonsense like that! KFC is nice because 5 drumsticks is like 50 fat, 65 protein, and 10 carbs!! It also completely fills me up for hours.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!