Blue Diamond Almonds Calorie Alert

Options
13»

Replies

• Steelytop
    Steelytop Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing that info. I was unaware of the results of the lawsuit. I didn't even realize a lawsuit had been filed. But it's not like I was going to Taco Bell prior to this finding anyway. I try to avoid fast food if I can. But people are certainly welcome to like what they like I always say. (Probably like saying I don't drink soda pop but you can have all you want.)

What I did hear about that incident was something about tests performed with a specific finding but I didn't know who conducted it or when, if at all. I was told when I was a kid that McDonald's used soy in their meat. At the time it didn't seem to matter one way or the other but I was a kid then.

As for averages based on weight I guess that's the best one can do is get an overall approximation.

[/quote]
    I just want to point out that the Taco Bell lawsuit was dropped after about 2 months because a review of the facts showed that it had no merit, and the claim of "only 35% meat" was completely fictitious and invented by the plaintiffs, and the law firm that filed the suit filed it without actually checking the facts first (they assumed that Taco Bell would just settle to avoid publicity.) After 3rd party testing proved it's falsehood, the firm withdrew the suit.

Also, for the OP. Nutrition labels are an average of a representative sample based on serving weight. The "count" they offer is just an estimate based on approximate size of an individual piece, that's why it says "about x pieces." To be honest, 2 almonds that weight exactly the same could have slightly different nutritional totals. None of this is an exact science.
    [/quote]
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I'm going home to weigh my nuts...

HA HA HA!!!
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    It is not just the almonds....every packaged food does this. If they test sample the products for weight and they come up short of what the package says they get fined big time. They are allowed a +20% difference going over though without a fine! Yes it throws us off if we are trying to watch what we eat, but it costs less in the long run to overfill the package a little than to keep paying the fines. That is one of the reasons I usually don't buy the "100 cal" packs of anything, you go over on cals without thinking about it, and you also pay more for the extra packaging.

This. The companies are allowed a variance, as frustrating as it is. Measure and weigh everything yourself to be sure you are eating the number of servings you think you are eating :)
  • JamalJacobsen
    Options
    Bump, there must be some sort of gov't regulation that gives them some wiggle room
  • kwinty37
    Options

HA HA HA!!!

i second that... hahahahaha
  • blueeyedangelar
    blueeyedangelar Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    LMAO!!!

HA HA HA!!!