WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2021

Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,600 Member
    Tracey work-UGH! When we got the business system FINALLY at work, we found that the customer data base that we had also couldn't be transferred. I realize not as important as payroll, but time consuming either way. Still learning the new system. I really wish my sister in law had chosen one developed specifically for OPE, but I am figuring out how to make it more user friendly for me. I also wish I had known about the go to my pc app this winter. It has been a lifesaver this spring! If I had known about it earlier not only could I have been more proficient with the system, but also have gotten more customers transferred into the system. Hugs to you!
    <3
    Kylia back in Ohio for the week.
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,600 Member
    Kentucky was rainy and cold! I did get the kitchen floor scrubbed. It is nice to not walk and hear sticky 😝
    I decided the kitchen table chairs needed cleaning next. Again years of smoking, cooking, dirty hands and possibly layers of pledge made them gross. Oops. I scrubbed the finish off the top rail. It looks pretty and feels good, but oops! My hand gave out. Steve (husband) says if that is the case then we will just sand them down. Then we can at minimum poly them if not stain too. I just want things clean. We got the blinds hung and two tvs working with antennas. I vacuumed upstairs and the stairs. Steve worked in the barn, I worked on work stuffs while watching Gilligan's Island and Love Boat. I never made it out of my sweats. No big deal, right? Just going home,right? NOOO! Steve wanted to stop at McDonald's for potty break and food for him. In we went. On the way out, I said something about no bra, sweats, and not even knowing what my hair looked like as I hadn't looked in a mirror all day!😶 Steve said you have two sweaters on and who cares what your hair looks like😍 Luckily, it wasn't sticking straight up!
    Bed for us is priority this week for down there. We need a queen at minimum! Also will need a comforter. Steve says I hog the small blankets on the bed.
    Better get ready for the week.
    😎
    Kylia chilly in Ohio
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,353 Member
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,189 Member
    edited April 2021
    Lockdown lifting a bit today. Outside dining, hairdressers etc.
    I'm going to the hairdresser in about an hour. I booked it online the minute Boris said the 12th!

The painter is coming over to give an estimate later this afternoon. We want the hall and stairs painted. Depending on the cost we will decide how far up the house we can afford to go. We might leave the landing and top stairs for another time. We also need the hall floor refinished, so will contact the people that did our living and dining rooms. The whole house is desperate for a paint job, but we are concentrating on the public areas to save money.

DH went out for a walk with Max.
    Poor DH did not sleep all well, with his headache and breathing troubles. I woke up at 4.30, but DH was awake from 3. He felt terrible, plus it was SNOWING, but could not let Max down. They had a great time together, walking up to the windmill again.
    When they got back, passing Edie on her football school, DDIL greeted them and told him they were very privileged to have him. That made him feel very good. :D<3 Max was very chatty all the way and still holds his hand sometimes.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited April 2021
    Barbara - Perhaps Joe would like to read this article. Perhaps he would like to know about all the faeces he lays his head on every night. :#

https://www.ehso.com/dustmites.php

It will, be interesting to see if the new pillows help with DH'S breathing at night. Allergy? :o

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Well went to Quest and got my bloodwork done for the surgery, have to call the endocrinologist to see where she wants me to get that bloodwork done.
    Went over and got the boys outside and visited with them for awhile.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,811 Member
    Me ... cycling on the Easter long weekend ...

xdjs4mzarf7d.png

Now I'm off to bed. I was very stressed last night because I knew I had to get up and go to work in the morning so I didn't sleep well. Tonight I'm tired.

Machka in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,811 Member
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Heather envying Johnny’s willingness to accept new pillows. Joe won’t part with ours, some of which belonged to his grandma and are held together with duct tape :sick: :noway: [sigh]
    Barbara

"Ours" ... are you sleeping on those too? :open_mouth:

Put the old ones into a couple plain pillow cases and then a decorative one (to contain them) and stick them on the top of a shelf or maybe on a sofa.

Then get decent pillows!

Before I moved to Tasmania I just used any old pillow ... and interestingly I really struggled with dust mite allergies. I also had sore shoulders, neck, etc.

When we moved here we bought our European style king sized bed and new pillows. When we were trying out mattresses at the mattress place, they had sample pillows out. I laid down on the mattress I thought I wanted and put my head on that pillow and was sold. I've never had a pillow more comfortable!

After about 6-7 years, it lost it's firmness and height, and it has taken a secondary place on my bed. And I got another very similar.

Used to be that I looked forward to travelling because many of the hotels, B&Bs and other places had such comfortable beds and pillows. Now I want to stay home because my bed and pillow are more comfortable!! Especially when we travel around Tasmania because Tasmania hasn't figured out how to provide anything like comfortable beds and pillows in their accommodation. At Easter, we went away for a few days, but then came home.

The right pillow makes a difference. The right pillow and mattress ... and you'll be reluctant to get up in the mornings. :smiley:

Machka in Oz
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,504 Member
    Vvvvvv
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,435 Member
    ^^^^^^^^*boops ya on the nose* ^^^^^^^^
    There ya go Meg , all reset! 😁😁😁😁😁😁
    Hugs ya!
    💖Rebecca
    (Its not a factory reset, so mind your portions now)
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,435 Member
    About to go to the officers Club on base for #1 of 2 vaccine. Brought a crossword puzzle so my brain can have something to do while I have to wait 15 minutes after, to make sure there's no reaction.
    Have a great day my ladies!
    💖Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Allie: You have a lot on your list these days. I hope it goes especially well for you when you have surgery. :star:

Sue: I took Arrow for a walk yesterday and we both enjoyed it. His color is sorrel, like your horse, but he has a star rather than a blaze. In my opinion, he needs a visit from the farrier. I kept that opinion to myself. My friend who owns Arrow has had an awful time. Her DH passed away at the first part of the year. She is in the process of dividing her property & selling the arena. It is a lot of work for one person. She plans on keeping a shelter and pasture for Arrow on the same side of the driveway as her home. :flowerforyou:

(((Tracey))): I hope you are able to get needed rest. :heart:

Meg: It is SO good to see you again! I hope you’ll be a regular once again. You’ve been missed. :flowerforyou:

We have a sunshiney morning today. I’m hoping to put some fun into the day. No idea what the fun will be so far, but I’m confident we’ll be able to have a bit of fun.

Katla in sunny NW Oregon
  • cityjaneLondon
    Pillows arrived! :D They say they've been anti dust mite treated with peppermint oil. I've put the liners on them.

I am very, very hired. Managed 995 calories burn though. Going to cook curried sprouting beans in the IP. Sea bass. Sauté potatoes for DH and fresh green beans for both.
    AF beer.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    🖐️😊🌞💛
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,353 Member
    o:)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Afternoon ladies
    Well i slept pretty well last night when i did get up was able to fall right back to sleep again,but still took a little bit of a nap.
    Going to Trudys tonight for chili ,im not a big chili fan ,but the company is always a laugh..
    Going to pick up Dan in a few and drop him off at work.