Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Introduce Yourself
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• Rhondajfox76Rhondajfox76 Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    Hello everyone My name is Rhonda and I new here to try counting calories and loose some weight. I walk daily with a goal of 7000 steps a day and eating healthier.
  • billydriskellbillydriskell Member, Premium Posts: 9 Member Member, Premium Posts: 9 Member
    coffee time
  • billydriskellbillydriskell Member, Premium Posts: 9 Member Member, Premium Posts: 9 Member
    workout complete. push day
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member Posts: 265,072 Member Member Posts: 265,072 Member
    workout complete. push day

Good job 👏
    Morning yall
    pull workout complete. Now for some much deserved lunch
  • annliz23annliz23 Member Posts: 1,658 Member Member Posts: 1,658 Member
    Got a wal, jog and weights exercise in today yippee
  • Sully8331Sully8331 Member Posts: 18 Member Member Posts: 18 Member
    Hi I'm Sully! Dedicating my entire weekend to a healthier me. No cheating! Been doing that a little to much lately. Happy, healthy weekend to you all
  • slimgirljo15slimgirljo15 Member Posts: 265,072 Member Member Posts: 265,072 Member
    Looks like you're all on track, smashing it.. good job everyone 👏
  • beckee75beckee75 Member, Premium Posts: 2 Member Member, Premium Posts: 2 Member
    So I'm looking to restart my path to getting healthier after not doing much to care for myself for the last 7 years. I use to be an avid runner who ate better and made time for myself to exercise. Looking for some motivation by fellow peers also on a health journey to better themselves. Did well before with tracking calories so hoping I can make this a daily habit.
    This week has to be a good one so I have increased my steps, weights and walks!
  • NorthStar77NorthStar77 Member Posts: 821 Member Member Posts: 821 Member
    Gained 10lbs since New Year!
    😡

Need you lovely people to keep me on track.
    😡

Ut oh.. :#
    😡

Yep, although I can kind of put it down to the steroids I'm taking for my lupus.
    Non-stop starving
    😡

Yep, although I can kind of put it down to the steroids I'm taking for my lupus.
    Non-stop starving

Im sorry to hear about the Lupus, is that a recent diagnosis?
    Steroids are notorious for weight gain I've heard.
    😡

You can do this sometimes its trial and error if one thing doesn't work tweak! I am static so trying to increase by stepsnow thecweathers getting warmer.
  • drollings2019drollings2019 Member Posts: 69 Member Member Posts: 69 Member
    I'm 44, and missed the 'Life begins at 40' boat due to medical and personal issues. I've never 'done' a diet or organised exercise, and it shows, I'm heavier now than I was full-term pregnant with my son, and sick and tired of living in leggings.

I have been living in leggings for far too long. This weekend, I went through all my jeans and found a few pair that fit. Seriously, I have not worn anything other than leggings (and the occasional dress at work because it is still comfy) for over 3 years. I think that is my problem, if my jeans were uncomfortable, I knew I had to do something! I have made myself a promise to start wearing them again. I remember after I had my daughter, I was so disappointed that I had to wear a size 5. Now, I am not sure one leg would fit in a 5! But I am working on it. Good luck with your journey!!
  • gaiaresurrectedgaiaresurrected Member Posts: 26 Member Member Posts: 26 Member
    I'm 44, and missed the 'Life begins at 40' boat due to medical and personal issues. I've never 'done' a diet or organised exercise, and it shows, I'm heavier now than I was full-term pregnant with my son, and sick and tired of living in leggings.

I have been living in leggings for far too long. This weekend, I went through all my jeans and found a few pair that fit. Seriously, I have not worn anything other than leggings (and the occasional dress at work because it is still comfy) for over 3 years. I think that is my problem, if my jeans were uncomfortable, I knew I had to do something! I have made myself a promise to start wearing them again. I remember after I had my daughter, I was so disappointed that I had to wear a size 5. Now, I am not sure one leg would fit in a 5! But I am working on it. Good luck with your journey!!

I have one pair of jeans that still sort-of fit, but only on the second day after laundry, on day 1, they audition to be a magician, and attempt to saw me in half. Living in leggings has been an opt-out, not acknowledging how much I’d bulked up, because I wasn’t wearing ‘real’ clothes. I have cupboards full of clothes I don’t wear, because, apart from the supermarket every couple of weeks, I don’t go anywhere, haven’t bought new clothes in years because I REFUSE to buy bigger sizes.

I need to pull myself out of this victim-mindset, the last 6 years, and the last 5 in particular, have been challenging in various ways, but self-identifying as a manatee isn’t a solution. ‘Fell off the wagon’ in spectacular style today, with the 700-cal lunch, and now I’m sulking about spoiling what had been a fairly consistent decent run. (Food-wise, I could tell I was heading for a crash/blip because I hadn’t done any exercise for a few days, that’s a behavioural pattern to watch myself for.)

Onwards and upwards, the days are getting warmer and longer in the UK, I will be able to spend more time gardening, and the lighter mornings mean I can get out walking around the streets before ALL the dog-walkers come out.
    😡

Non-stop starving

Im sorry to hear about the Lupus, is that a recent diagnosis?
    Steroids are notorious for weight gain I've heard.

Yeah - diagnosed in December after a year of agony and misery.