The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• bigdaddylovesbabymomma
    Options
    I love reading these posts. Great way to start my day with my cup o joe.
  • yogidani77
    yogidani77 Posts: 6,978 Member
    Options
    yogidani77 wrote: »
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    mcemino2 wrote: »

I wish I could skate. It looks like so much fun! But I have zero coordination :)
    I tried roller skating when I was younger and spent more time on the floor than anything 🤣
    I probably could have gotten it had I lived close to a place where I could practice but the closest skating rink was quite a ways away....sigh...oh well 🤷🏻‍♀️

It's never too late! I never skated much as a kid, but started playing ice hockey when I was 30. Started roller skating regularly when I turned 54. Skate at least twice a week now, either ice or roller. Looking to get some inline skates so I can do some outdoor skating.

he's right. i skate with lots of ladies and men who took skating up later in life. Tomorrow I will be going to teach a friend who started skating a few years ago at the tender age of 60-something. he's taken tests and passed them. We'll be working on his next one. he thinks i'm the secret to his success because all the ladies tell him i'm over qualified to teach his level but it's all him, he's a great learning and enthusiastic

That’s so sweet that you help him out.
    I guess I should have added in my initial comment that there is no where for me to practice really. The nearest skating rink is probably an hour away and the nearest ICE skating rink....I don’t even know....
    It would be difficult for me to get good without practice. I just always thought it looked like so much fun. [/quote]

I wish I could skate. It looks like so much fun! But I have zero coordination :)
    I tried roller skating when I was younger and spent more time on the floor than anything 🤣
    I probably could have gotten it had I lived close to a place where I could practice but the closest skating rink was quite a ways away....sigh...oh well 🤷🏻‍♀️

It's never too late! I never skated much as a kid, but started playing ice hockey when I was 30. Started roller skating regularly when I turned 54. Skate at least twice a week now, either ice or roller. Looking to get some inline skates so I can do some outdoor skating.

he's right. i skate with lots of ladies and men who took skating up later in life. Tomorrow I will be going to teach a friend who started skating a few years ago at the tender age of 60-something. he's taken tests and passed them. We'll be working on his next one. he thinks i'm the secret to his success because all the ladies tell him i'm over qualified to teach his level but it's all him, he's a great learning and enthusiastic

I guess I should have added in my initial comment that there is no where for me to practice really. The nearest skating rink is probably an hour away and the nearest ICE skating rink....I don’t even know....
    It would be difficult for me to get good without practice. I just always thought it looked like so much fun.

ya that's too much effort. My rink is 3 minutes away and i live in Canada so there's basically like 5 rinks in a 5 km radius. your name implies you do yoga so you'd actually be good at it since it involves a lot of core. Not everyone realizes this haha [/quote]

Yeah I practice yoga. I do that more than any other form of exercise. But I wouldn’t really call myself a yogi. I decided to change my name awhile back because it was my REAL name and someone suggested that was a bad idea. yogidani is what my teacher friends called me because I was doing yoga with them after school. I thought it would be a good username. I do love yoga but I still consider myself a novice.
    Yeah, I honestly think most actives and sports require a lot of core strength. And I think your right about the number of people that realize that. I just recently realized it myself...
    And a strong core helps your back SO MUCH
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options

It would be difficult for me to get good without practice. I just always thought it looked like so much fun.

ya that's too much effort. My rink is 3 minutes away and i live in Canada so there's basically like 5 rinks in a 5 km radius. your name implies you do yoga so you'd actually be good at it since it involves a lot of core. Not everyone realizes this haha [/quote]

Yeah I practice yoga. I do that more than any other form of exercise. But I wouldn’t really call myself a yogi. I decided to change my name awhile back because it was my REAL name and someone suggested that was a bad idea. yogidani is what my teacher friends called me because I was doing yoga with them after school. I thought it would be a good username. I do love yoga but I still consider myself a novice.
    Yeah, I honestly think most actives and sports require a lot of core strength. And I think your right about the number of people that realize that. I just recently realized it myself...
    And a strong core helps your back SO MUCH[/quote]

I had to explain to a lady I skate with that you have to engage your core. She was always flopping around. She asked how do you stay so solid...um core? It amazes me how many people have no body awareness
  • yogidani77
    Options

ya that's too much effort. My rink is 3 minutes away and i live in Canada so there's basically like 5 rinks in a 5 km radius. your name implies you do yoga so you'd actually be good at it since it involves a lot of core. Not everyone realizes this haha

And a strong core helps your back SO MUCH[/quote]

I had to explain to a lady I skate with that you have to engage your core. She was always flopping around. She asked how do you stay so solid...um core? It amazes me how many people have no body awareness [/quote]

Very true!
    Yoga had really helped me with that.

I just gotta say the quoting in this thread is all out of whack and it is driving me crazy....
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    ^^^ it is bizarre I wonder what happened
  • GratefulWayFarer
    GratefulWayFarer Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    In my 30's here too.. Feel free to add if you're active and post stuff semi-often
  • yogidani77
    edited July 2019
    Options
    ^^^ it is bizarre I wonder what happened

I don’t know but maybe it was just our other post 🤞🏼

ETA: it looks like that was the case...
    And it was probably me 🤣
  • beccaxsos
    beccaxsos Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I'm back on MFP and am looking to add active friends.
  • potentiallylori
    potentiallylori Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Just joined MFP, I’m 37 and looking to lose about 50lbs; would love some friends through this journey so please add me!
  • jennshepp27
    jennshepp27 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Will be 39 in August. 😳 I’m ready to set goals and stick to them. There is no going back, this time!!!
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone is doing well...i just work a half day today! Been taking care of stuff the rest of the day! About ready to relax thou!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Over 50 and an Aussie (don't hold it against me) middle winter here and freezing however my journey is going well..

Welcome.. fellow Aussie here.

Morning middle-agers.. hope you're all doing well, HHD 🐪🐫
  • LilyDaySpa
    LilyDaySpa Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi, am in my 40s please add me can use more friends. I love to share simple food clean eatingznkmgqzavcat.jpeg
  • AliNouveau
    Options
    LilyDaySpa wrote: »
    Hi, am in my 40s please add me can use more friends. I love to share simple food clean eatingznkmgqzavcat.jpeg

Cute burger. I first thought you had left like the paper burgers are put on to divide them then realized it's cheese. Duh
  • bigdaddylovesbabymomma
    Options
    Feeling agro today. Took it out on two gym sessions today. Think not spending as much time in Mother Ocean as :s I used to is the culprit. Grrr.....
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Feeling agro today. Took it out on two gym sessions today. Think not spending as much time in Mother Ocean as :s I used to is the culprit. Grrr.....

I got ya.. ;) you're welcome
    0utjd6pquof6.jpg
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    well I thought it would be a good idea to switch things up a bit today
    My work-outs consist of light weights, Matt exercises and 45 second bursts of cardio..lots of squats jumping lunges and burpees
    but I thought I would try barre...why not?!
    holllllllly cow I'm afraid of how im going to feel tomorrow.....ouch...I have a feeling walking, sitting might be a challenge..LOL
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAapLQCASOE
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Good morning peeps! Lets all have a grand day! Try to smile a bunch!
  • yogidani77
    Options
    kimber0607 wrote: »
    well I thought it would be a good idea to switch things up a bit today
    My work-outs consist of light weights, Matt exercises and 45 second bursts of cardio..lots of squats jumping lunges and burpees
    but I thought I would try barre...why not?!
    holllllllly cow I'm afraid of how im going to feel tomorrow.....ouch...I have a feeling walking, sitting might be a challenge..LOL
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAapLQCASOE

Two questions:

1. What is barre?
    2. How do you feel?
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Afternoon all.

I am moving desks this weekend. The new one is next to where people keep a giant store of doughnuts and sweets. Since I had Type II, but am now in remission, I will ask for it to be put somewhere else as the temptation may be too great,.