WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2021

Options

Replies

• Lagopus
    Lagopus Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Mint chocolate chip, since peanut butter cup isn't available.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,716 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Rocky road,and away I go
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,906 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Sunsets near here ... :)

0neuh97zb33y.png

9loc1eu83e28.png

sq2y504lapcd.png

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,058 Member
    Options
    Skip all of the above icecreams and wait for my favorite Lady Bug which is made by a local dairy to go on sale.

Prayers for Allie.

Over did yesterday because we had a nice day in 60's. Now back to 40's agaiin for three days. Makes it hard to pace myself.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,565 Member
    Options
    Morning peeps- 4:54am PST on the road to Vegas. Our 1st out of State trip and going solo with kirby, no family meeting us there
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    ginnytez wrote: »
    Good evening all:

Finally caught up. Had evening engagements 4 nights last week and discovered that doesn't leave me much computer time.

Machka-glad they ruled out the big issues for your husband-good luck with the follow up.

CSSJ-sorry for loss of your cat. Saying goodbye to pets is never easy.

Allie-good luck!

Kids in Phoenix and I picked out resort for all of us to stay at for two nights while we are all together (son and his wife, youngest son and his gf and of course the two grandkids). It has a tremendous waterpark. We will be renting a cabana suite the second day right by the Lazy River-it has ac, fridge, tv, etc. After the year we have all had decided we all needed a treat. There is a possibility youngest son is proposing to gf there.

Got many of my papers sorted and organized today. Need to go through old house stuff-don't I need to keep some of the old stuff. Feels like a weight off my shoulders.

Tired and heading off to bed. Hope to get into work a bit early tomorrow since I will leave early to go to gym. Am just doing bike, treadmill and stretches. See PA for leg follow up the 27th-may wait on weights til I see her (will have her double check lower back from the fall). Feels good just getting out and walking. Things are feeling about 98%.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

Ginny it sounds like a lovely trip planned. Is it in Phoenix or someplace else?
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    CJ (((hugs)))
  • bananasandoranges
    edited April 2021
    Options
    invite to dinner?

My parents (probably not together) :D
    my grandparents (also not necessarily all together)
    all have passed
    my father's cousin (still alive but quite elderly)

and the great grandparents too, and why not go back a few generations back... :D that would be totally interesting, to meet this blacksmith and that xxx and so on...i would love that.

and a couple of cousins that passed young...; really not all together though...
  • bananasandoranges
    edited April 2021
    Options
    mint chocolate chip but really i want to make my own.

i just saw a recipe online yesterday: 4 ripe bananas and some peanutbutter (which i would replace by tahini), freeze and you are good to go. >:)o:)<3

i like making icecream-y things with no dairy and no sugar.... way more fun for me,

and dairy really doesn't love my innards or the other way around. :#
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    I had to look up what is in Lady Bug. ice cream: Vanilla Ice Cream with Chocolate and Caramel Swirls and Pecans is what I found…sounds delicious!!!

Karen in Virginia
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,565 Member
    Options
    Uuuuu
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    today's cleaning: some paper stuff :# sweeping of course, sorting out undie drawer (found a couple of socks and a pair of wool tights hiding out in there!) weeded out a couple of tough jogging bras that never suited me and i never wore: they just were too stiff and i had to totally stop running very shortly after i acquired them. i'm gonna try to give them away. i remember reading that some clothes donation places (like for migrants) never get underwear and they are takers. these are spick and span. either not worn or barely worn, and tough as nails. :D

the usual once over...

tracked yesterday and sunday and today so far.
    i have not been tracking much in recent times. not ideal!!

Today i spent a few hours updating my almost non-existent online presence.

(well i'm exaggerating, but really).

I updated website at one of my 3 schools where it said nothing about me, except my name, the subject i teach and a commission i'm on.

since i'm applying for jobs and at least 1 commission is looking at my profile at present, that is definitely something they may look at even if they have an abundant file.

i got criticism at least 1x before, maybe 2x that i didn't have enough visibility online...

This is something i'm really not into.

(self-promotion for anyone on earth to look into).

These days i've been working ok in morning but not in afternoon or evening.
    today i have 2 work appointments in evening, so that means i can't totally zone out from midday on, which is good.

i was indulgent this weekend.

my mac is in the shop and i have a cheap cheap cheap PC that works ok but sooooo slowly.

better time to sort other stuff.

trying to borrow a mac from one of my schools but no luck as of yet...

it's 2 pm so i'll take a break and go for a walk.

i need some veggies.

i decided to scale down to 2 different fruits and 3 different veggies per day. Today: carrot juice, red cabbage, frozen raspberries, 2 prunes.and i'm making a chicken soup for this evening with carrots, turnips and onions in it. yay.

to do today:

get some veggies
    look at mail from MD
    15-20 min on recumbant
    ask S for certificate

break before 7pm appointment

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,058 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Karen yes worth the wait. Some brands call it turtle. This brand is Cedar Crest which is made in a dairy less than 100 miles from here. I like to support the smaller brands. I do have to eat it in moderation.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Karen yes worth the wait. Some brands call it turtle. This brand is Cedar Crest which is made in a dairy less than 100 miles from here. I like to support the smaller brands. I do have to eat it in moderation.

It sounds delectable.

Karen in Virginia
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,933 Member
    Options
    :)Chocolate
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,237 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Hoping DH will check out and approve the printer I've chosen. I did put a few hours research into it! I'm in need of it at the moment as I'm working on my LPA and other info.

Very tired after an early wake up. I completed my exercises and I'm just back from a shopping trip to buy a couple of items that can't wait until the delivery on Thursday. Bought myself a bunch of tulips. :) Plus Portuguese custard tarts to bribe DH. Pasteis de Nata.

Marrocco on Hove seafront does a divine chocolate ice cream, but in Paris Bertillon does amazing fruit ice creams/sorbets that taste like a paradisical version of the actual fruit. So, apricot tastes more apricotty than the real thing. I always make sure I go there when I visit Paris. It's on the Île St Louis.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    😊🌞🖐️💛
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Ladies, Walmart has a cheap brand of ice cream called Salted Caramel! It is delicious! Otherwise, I would choose Praline. :)

CJ ~ So sorry about your fur baby! :'(

Carol in GA