• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    Options
    b14b8ooysmju.png

girlfljn8gtn.png
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,693 Member
    Options
    Sitting here waiting for Dan ,he is getting first vaccine,im guessing either moderna or Pfizer ,they are curtailing the J and J because of possible blood clots.. when i went for mine,they have it like a well oiled machine and i am guessing they are doing the same thing here.. im sure they will have him sit for 15 minutes to make sure there are no reactions...
    After dropping him off will go.see the boys and take them.for a walk ,go home do some laundry and do some picking up..
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    i was writing a nice response to several comments in past hours and poof! computer went dead;

grrrr
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    washer in, finally!

god i'm sooo tired with all this tech stuff. i feel reeeeaaally stressed out.
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    a colleague with whom i work often, nearly 60, (but with whom i have only distance contact except for maybe 1x a month, and not in past weeks) went to his GP for a jab on saturday, and found out late last night that his GP has covid- so my colleague has become a contact due to his jab!
  • bananasandoranges
    Options
    i'm in poor humour today - i feel stressed and angry - i think it's partly the tech stuff.

it is nice to have working washer again. they are so efficient! in with the new, hooked up, out with the old, in minutes.

in a couple days or so i'll have all clean clothes, sheets, towels agian. what a treat!

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    :'( Jake's computer crashed yesterday afternoon and after a friend walked him through what should have fixed it, it still said something really negative. He is considering the possibility that he acquired some terrible deadly computer virus as the result of playing an online game. He is reaching out to another friend to find a solution and I am doing my best to stay out of it. I told him that I am not concerned with the cost of solving the problem but am concerned about his state of mind. He said he was OK but he stayed up really late last night watching TV.

:) A friend of mine who lives on a small social security check and bartering, once told me "Money isn't the game, it's just a way to keep score". She inspires me with her gratitude for what she has and he lack of complaint for what she doesn't have.

:) I spent an hour yesterday pulling weeds and spreading bark. I don't like cleaning my house, but I do like cleaning my yard.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,532 Member
    Options
    Xxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,198 Member
    Options
    <3:p Lovely scooter walk with Bea. We met up with Edie and her friend in the park, where she is on football camp. It was their lunchbreak. We celebrated yesterday's unlocking of outdoor cafés by having tea and ice cream at the park café. Great to sit in the sun at an actual table. :)
    Got back to say hello to Max, who had been out for lunch with his dad. <3 Nice man to man thing.
    On our walk home i picked up frozen dim sum, frozen artichokes, za'atar, and other spices. DH ordered 4 bottles of rosé wine two white, and Brittany cider.
    What a good day.
    siwci6i2uu7l.jpg

Love Heather UK xxxxxx

Plus my brother and his wife celebrating the unlocking. They sent this pic.
    5d2fz6bcbo1l.jpg

:p<3

• Machka9
    Options
    Poor little Tassie is about to be swallowed up! Blustery day tomorrow - they are predicting winds up to 100 km/h. Think I will wear long pants to work instead of my usual dress or skirt.

lgr9zlj13em3.png
  • Machka9
    Options
    Peach1948 wrote: »

Michele
    Do you have a definite date for visiting Denise? It seems like she was hesitant when you asked. I think you would enjoy your visit more if you stayed in a hotel close by so you could all have some space. But, just my humble opinion! The last time my brother in law and his wife visited for almost a week, i think we were all miserable.

Carol in GA

That is a very good idea!

When we visit family we usually don't stay with them. We will spend time there .. and spend some time away sightseeing. But nights are usually elsewhere to give us all a break.

M in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,198 Member
    Options
    So sorry for those of you with spouses with cognitive issues. Kate UK, it must be a real worry for you and it may be time to start looking for support and help. Doctor, charities and the like. The more information you can get the better prepared you will be. Have you done your LPAs for example. I have started mine and hope to persuade a reluctant DH to do his.
    It is very frightening and frustrating to be facing this, but you are not alone and you can reach out for help.
    My DH is having very bad nights and getting anxious about it, but he is fine in the daytime and not showing mental deterioration. I try to reassure him about the night problem. Doctors here are overwhelmed with post covid log jams, but if you don't apply for attention you can't move up the queue.
    Love to all , Heather UK xxxxxx
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    HEATHER I downloaded LPA stuff a few years ago but got bogged down so left it. I’ve sorted all the paperwork now and it’s up to date. Think I will do the Living Will first as that helps clarify what you want to happen health wise. We’ve got wills and money is in joint accounts, our house isn’t worth much and kids both have their own homes. Wether I can get DH to do his is another matter.

Kate UK ❤️
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,446 Member
    Options
    Meg, welcome back!

Nicole, we're glad to have you - just drop into a conversation anywhere.

Weird rant for the evening, upon watching the meteorologist who is dressed in a skin tight, white dress that literally showed the contours of her belly button, and if she had turned far enough, probably shown the brand on her underwear:

If you are announcing the weather or the news, I do NOT want to know that you are anatomically correct. I really don't. I don't care whether you are a man or a woman or of a differing gender. I just turned to your channel to find out how long I can expect the thunder-boomers outside, and if there are damaging winds accompanying it. Your belly button is not germane to this discussion.

Rant over.

Sigh.

It's possible I'm a cranky old woman.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa

Ah no Lisa, weather women annoy me too! I know they have a legitimate job and all, but do they have to be visually so distracting! Some times its a "you picked out these clothes and jewelry on PURPOSE" deal. Ours out of Seattle seems to be on the verge of a laugh, thinking her tone is meant to keep us in a happy mood. It just sounds weird to me. Most of the time they talk of weather all around our island and we just guesstimate what the temperature should be. When it is posted be hoot and holler like they just discovered us! I do feel like we're aliens out in Puget Sound.
    Hugs!
    💖 Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington