WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2021

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Worked today so no formal exercise. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Body Pump DVD

Someone on here posted a recipe for a low sodium sauerkraut. It had something like 1 tablespoon of salt in it. Could you please repost it? I made it, liked it, and would like to make it again only I don’t have the recipe and can’t seem to find it. I remember it was pretty easy.

CSSJ – I’m so very sorry. I’m really not looking forward to losing any of our cats

kimbolist – welcome! Your husband can’t be any pickeyer than mine.

Rori – how are YOU? Are you getting any “me time”

Don’t get me near the mint chocolate chip if you value your fingers….lol

Nice day today so I cleaned the grates of my oven. Hey ladies, it’s that time!!! I popped the popcorn for the trees yesterday

The girl who was supposed to work after me came early so I know they’re always concerned about time so I asked them if they’d like me to go home, I don’t have a problem staying. So they told me I could go home. Also, they already blacked out memorial day, fourth of july, and labor day weekends. I told that lady that I was going to ask for memorial day and labor day weekends since I hadn’t seen my grandson in 8 months, these are the only two times when I can see him. I also told her that I’d be asking for Thanksgiving weekend to go see my other daughter, I haven’t seen her since last Christmas. Of course, she wasn’t happy. But that’s too bad. If they want to fire me over this...so be it.

Carol GA – Vince likes WalMart’s chocolate chip ice cream. It really is quite good. So I’m sure the Salted Caramel is, too.

Barbara – the gal who “leads” (loosely) the mahjongg group won’t be there today. Instead, someone else will be there. Why, I don’t know. We already have 4, we really don’t need 5. Well, I’m leaving early. Anyway, I’m thinking that when I get home, I’ll send an email to the 5 people who normally play outlining my suggestion

Just skimming because gotta hurry up, eat dinner, then get to where a gal is going to pick me up for this mahjongg. I hope she doesn’t mind leaving early…..

Vicki – congrats

Better get going on dinner

Michele NC
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,688 Member
    Options
    Well im tired ! Lets see of I can sleep tonight
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    DH found a USB stick that you can plug into your phone. Never heard of that. :D It has good reviews, so he ordered it from Amazon. Hooray!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

My daughter uses those all the time. I need to buy one for myself.

Tracey
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Machka - I think that’s a very natural reaction. All of the big stresses and emergencies leave me weepy for days when it’s over.

Hugs to you.
    Tracey
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,445 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Vicki, I appreciate you! It was definitely a process I needed to feel. Sometimes we need to release emotions and our brain just makes us think of a reason. I guess I needed to know my Owain is alright, and he doesn't need me.👍💖
    💕Rebecca
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,906 Member
    Options
    :) Jake's new computer arrived today (three days earlier than they said it would). The delivery person from Fed Ex rang the doorbell and waited for him to come to the door to hand it to him directly. He has been busy ever since, figuring out how it works.

:)Allie,. glad to hear that you got through your surgery successfully and are ready to get some sleep.

:) I pulled a lot of weeds today.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    Options
    Yea Allie!!!!!

Michele NC
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,374 Member
    Options
    Allie, glad you're doing well, and thanks for checking in. Dropped back in to check on you.

:smile:
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    DH found a USB stick that you can plug into your phone. Never heard of that. :D It has good reviews, so he ordered it from Amazon. Hooray!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Tracey

What does the USB stick do? Or what's it for?
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,605 Member
    Options
    Allie-Yay!
    Crazy at work and I mean CRAZY! Phones didn't stop ringing all day. Will be another early morning.
    Sleep well!

<3
    Kylia
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Rebecca: Thinger are more challenging. Be well! I hoppy & have better health rest. 😇
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    happy
  • Whidislander
    Options
    https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/WoYglM_9RUmqSCfj0n02dg.7fRwX53mZWRzWP1ghScqk-
    Hopefully this is Athena playing with bubbles.
    Rebecca
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Tracey

It’s a USB that fits into an iPhone or iPad charging port. You can transfer your photos and files to it for storage or moving just like any other USB stick. It’s quite convenient according to my daughter.
  • Snowflake1968
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Kirbys camp homemade super nachos for dinner. Really good, rivals any restaurant nachos I’ve had. Long day, yogi is ready for bed. A couple of mishaps but poop happens. Long day. I was able to push it where he needed it
    u0h7ugulyklf.jpeg
    kdv1nx5yy0yr.jpeg
    epj8ehf05yjd.jpeg
    wz7svzabc4fk.jpeg
    ofiu9nl7sxym.jpeg

Those nachos look delicious. Your camp site looks pretty too.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,815 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Tracey

It’s a USB that fits into an iPhone or iPad charging port. You can transfer your photos and files to it for storage or moving just like any other USB stick. It’s quite convenient according to my daughter.

I have an android phone which I can hook up to my work computer or home laptop and transfer photos and files while it charges.

Also the androids allow you to put in an extra mini-drive to store things on which you can take out and slot into a laptop.

I always transfer my photos over to a computer/laptop to work on them, and there I use Paint.net a free program to make adjustments like cropping, adjusting levels, etc.

uxn23pgx4n1p.png

Regarding Rice - I usually eat brown rice but like jasmine rice too for a change. Not so keen on basmati.

Regarding Ice cream - I picked chocolate from the list but my real favourite would be a chocolate coffee/cappuccino ice cream or Ferrero Rocher

Regarding delayed emotions - you are all right, that's probably what has happened. I also feel very, very tired. I suspect I was much more stressed than I thought I was. I do know when they started doing a series of tests for heart attack, and they were taking that very seriously, I felt this wave of horror which briefly disrupted my calm.

M in Oz